Nevada Updates

Speedbrake

I did not preorder DCS: A10 because I didn't own a credit card at the time, however I do not have a problem with paying for something if I like it, and the price is worth it. Especially since ED have shown immense support for users (thank you for the headtracking api:)).

How would you feel if you had to work for something you are not getting payed?

I personally don't want to see ED going bankrupt, keep those modules coming!

Wishlist: DCS: MiG29M/CMT | DCS: MiG25/31 | DCS: MiG-23MLD | DCS: F16CJ

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@supraman2turbo:

well i think why Ed ended up with nevada was more the fact, that the map was allready developed to some certain extend and that we were working on the base at the stage, when we broke up. there was something in development and they supporeted our efforts, so why should you let something down when you supported it, and when it was allready in development?

the fact that the next DCS fighter will be an american has nothing to do with the nevadamap, in my opinion.

just think of a map called WORLD, how do you want to legalise the next DCS fighter?

should it be the glider of the wright brothers, so nobody can say, ohh it is in favour of that or that country?

just leave it the way it is, the next module will be an american fighter, (although i hopw they realease 2 fighters, an us and a russian one :-)?:-),) without any reasons to the map. cause we all do not know why ED choose an US fighter, that are only assumtions, that only WAGS and the managing team of ED can set right and state !

What I was really trying to suggest is the Nevada map that the map lends itself rather well to the current DCS and the next DCS.

I've never said that ED didnt deserve to get paid , i said : its Nice to make new map but i think it is as important as those 3D models , but nothing was written about , thats all . And i was saying to the one who told me " we dont really need beautiful mig 29 etc we need only beautiful SAM systems " that it wasn't true because the goal of this sim is to make VARIOUS situation : not only tank busting

@EtherealN: i know about that, thats why i said ED finishe the job :-)

and to it, they sure did more then we had done so far, cause they had a big interest in it :-)

@ divide et impera:

well new models for planes need to be done and produced too. unfortunatly no one in the community ever brought the fact up that it should be paid for too :-) so just think of the fact in th course of progress, all models need to be improved, and guess what, in a few years, lets say maybe in 4 years, every game will be in 3d vision, so what do you think will happen then? do you think the models will be worse? every generation of game and in addition the any new 3d software will bring new features too, so let me say it this way. when we would not be limited to the game engine and hardware, i could actually build a mig29 that gets very close to the real one, lets say maybe 99% close, cause do to all the little features of the new 3d progs, and enough time, you will not see any diffrence to the real one, besides the limits of th graficengine :-)

do you yell for a new mig29 model again in 4 years too?

we all know that the birds are important too, but who pays that?

who pays the time of the guys who make it?

most of the time the relationship pays for it, but not in advantage of the one who makes them and believe me when i say that from first hand.

i have spend so many hours on the f15c, that my former girl asked me once if i want to marrie my comp. so why should people produce something when they get thier ass kicked from every direction, cause what use do i have as a 3d artist from comments in a forum like " ohh great, keep it going, it is so wonderfull, bl bla bla".

it is nice to hear it, but when i want to be acknowledged for something then i want to be acknowledged from people i can look in the eyes, if i need that. but most of us, i assume that, do not need that in a forum :-)

people make things cause they want to make it, and as a pro bono, they might get payed for it too, even when it is just a littlebit :-)

and at last, to correct you in terms of this conversation. you might want to read over your postings again, cause your last post is not really referring to your earlier posts, it cant be, otherwise i do not understand your english, which might be possible too :-)

• Like 1

Uhm it is free, because you don't have to pay while others do.(if you pre-ordered, that is).

And his point was that its not just a new map, it is a new engine aswell. So we get more then what was promised in the first place. And he would be willing to pay for that.

It depends on your point of view. I didn't say anything about the new terrain engine. I'm sure there is some legal loop-hole that ED could get away with and not provide Nevada to the pre-purchasers like myself, however that's not what ED and TFC are all about. The new (EDGE) is I'm sure part of the future modules and is naturally a step in the right direction for the future of ED. They may not have had to include it now, but they would most likely have had to do so at some point in the future anyway, in order to make it compatible with future modules. So yes, it is a bonus but it's not like they would go to all this trouble to produce a non-future friendly map. It was in their best interest to do so. That said, I can't wait! They are the only real "game" out there in the sim market now. I just hope they do continue to do well enough to be able to provide us with future modules.

Go ED! Can I buy some stock?

They are updating the aircraft models aswell, F15, Mi8, E-2..etc

It's an ongoing process.

All of the 3d model updates have been free too! and we get them much more often than we get new terrain to play with. I'm sure ED would be just as happy as us if they could say some magic words and have new highly detailed models for every vehicle in the game. ED is working on every aspect of DCS slowly in parallel, and its not usually a striking change that you can see all at once. I do not think I can point out one general area of DCS that has not gradually improved since the first BS release.

The only problem right now is: Some people want super new fancy terrain graphics/areas, some people want high quality airplane models, some people want 100% multicore processor usage, some people want a fully working dynamic campaign, some people want updated simulation mechanics for every vehicle in the game to make it more realistic, some people really want a dedicated server and more multiplayer support...

And all of these people get upset when they see improvements made to the other areas before their one thing is absolutely perfect. Do not feel like ED is ignoring you, they just don't have infinite resources. Patience is the key, but if for some reason ED can't/doesn't ever fix/implement your issue, there is probably a good reason for it that they just can't tell you. they are not trying to hurt you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@EtherealN: i know about that, thats why i said ED finishe the job :-)

and to it, they sure did more then we had done so far, cause they had a big interest in it :-)

@ divide et impera:

well new models for planes need to be done and produced too. unfortunatly no one in the community ever brought the fact up that it should be paid for too :-) so just think of the fact in th course of progress, all models need to be improved, and guess what, in a few years, lets say maybe in 4 years, every game will be in 3d vision, so what do you think will happen then? do you think the models will be worse? every generation of game and in addition the any new 3d software will bring new features too, so let me say it this way. when we would not be limited to the game engine and hardware, i could actually build a mig29 that gets very close to the real one, lets say maybe 99% close, cause do to all the little features of the new 3d progs, and enough time, you will not see any diffrence to the real one, besides the limits of th graficengine :-)

do you yell for a new mig29 model again in 4 years too?

we all know that the birds are important too, but who pays that?

who pays the time of the guys who make it?

most of the time the relationship pays for it, but not in advantage of the one who makes them and believe me when i say that from first hand.

i have spend so many hours on the f15c, that my former girl asked me once if i want to marrie my comp. so why should people produce something when they get thier ass kicked from every direction, cause what use do i have as a 3d artist from comments in a forum like " ohh great, keep it going, it is so wonderfull, bl bla bla".

it is nice to hear it, but when i want to be acknowledged for something then i want to be acknowledged from people i can look in the eyes, if i need that. but most of us, i assume that, do not need that in a forum :-)

people make things cause they want to make it, and as a pro bono, they might get payed for it too, even when it is just a littlebit :-)

and at last, to correct you in terms of this conversation. you might want to read over your postings again, cause your last post is not really referring to your earlier posts, it cant be, otherwise i do not understand your english, which might be possible too :-)

I'm not english native that's right , and " only jackass never changes their minds " i was a bit angry with the " you're wrong your point of view is not intelligent " but when there is passion there's always debate , i'm not angry about anyone i just want as best as possible for this great sim serie .

( and i dont feel Alone anymore with my girlfriend too asking me if i want to marry my PC :) )

Okay guys...my head is exploding! One final time as I have read through 40 pages of comments:

When the Nevada Terrain is released who gets it free (not that I am not willing to pay for it):

(1) Those who bought DCS A-10C in beta (any level of Beta) or

(2) Those who bought before Beta 3 (at which I think the old Nevada had been removed before Beta 3 release), or

(3) Some mysterious point? You name it!

I would appreciate a response from a ED person.

Edited by Speedbrake

Okay guys...my head is exploding! One final time as I have read through 40 pages of comments:

When the Nevada Terrain is released who gets it free (not that I am not willoing to pay for it):

(1) Those who bought DCA A-10C in beta (any level of Beta) or

(2) Those who bought before Beta 3 (at which I think the old Nevada had been removed before Beta 3 release), or

(3) Some mysterious point? You name it!

I would appreciate a response from a ED person.

+1

I'd like to know that too.

It's #2 I believe

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Number 2, its my understanding that if purchased it during beta when the Neveda scenery was orginally included than you would be entitled to a free download when its completed.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

^How can you tell? I know I bought the beta a long time ago to try out, but then I put it away and forgot about it until it was released. :D I just don't remember where it was in the beta development at the time.

Corsair Graphite 780T / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero / i7-6700K@4.5GHz / Corsair H110i / 32GB DDR4 PC-2666 / ASUS 1080 Strix / EVGA 850 Pro / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD / Win10x64 / Samsung UN48JU7500 4k / Logitech G910/933 KB/Headphones / Razer Naga Epic Mouse / MFG Crosswinds / TM HOTAS Warthog / HTC Vive

Forty pages on a notional terrain add-on under development. Impressive. Can we harness all this energy to improve the existing state of 1.1.0.9?

Yup... canopy scratches & crazing would be nice, so I can look at Nevada in peace when it comes out... :D:D:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Forty pages on a notional terrain add-on under development. Impressive. Can we harness all this energy to improve the existing state of 1.1.0.9?

Different development team

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

For Nevada:

Preorder and open beta = free

Official retail version = not free

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1150591&highlight=nevada+free#post1150591

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

For Nevada:

Preorder and open beta = free

Official retail version = not free

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1150591&highlight=nevada+free#post1150591

EXACTLY! :)

SO NOW ITS SAID..PLEASE PIPE IT, CAN IT, ZIP IT, LAZE IT, BUTTON IT, SHUT IT DOWN, CLOSE IT, END IT.

Thank god i'm not a mod on this board...it would be utter gau bonanza ;)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EXACTLY! smile.gif

SO NOW ITS SAID..PLEASE PIPE IT, CAN IT, ZIP IT, LAZE IT, BUTTON IT, SHUT IT DOWN, CLOSE IT, END IT.

You forgot....TWO WEEKS!

Look at your message number... #404! There must be an error. (or do you count in Valve time?)

I'm already out... :P

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

i dont get it. but i do get valve time lolz. silly tft2!. not the case here. here its ZOMG AWESOMENESS IS COMING!!!

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ: