First impressions of the Release Version

apoll

good if this was beta 6... final release not so impressed... stand-by AI still tumbles every 5mins.. Game crashes during remapping... Master caution randomly goes off and will not stop, during some starts...:(... ALT TAB still crashes after a few times. Auto Lase does not seem to be functional with CCRP... even though I reprogrammed the Weapons Profile...

Edited by gonk

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after using the sim for awhile I get the feeling it was not finnished properly =( I just tried refueling with my wingman and its the same as it was in Beta 4. I posted in the Problems forum. I ask wingman to fly to tanker and he goes to it and starts trying to refuel (has his fueling door open) then he gets stuck behind the tanker and does nothing. He wont even follow a rejoin command.

Also there is a glitch on my installation that causes a massive slowdown on the outside views. In the cockpit i always get very impressive and smooth 50+ FPS but sometimes switching to outside view it drops to 15fps. If I Alt Esc back to windows and then back to the sim it goes fine again.

AI still get stuck on the runway.

Crash to desktop sometimes when opening controller set up.

Core i7 950 @3.4ghz

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R mobo (all latest drivers and BIOS flash)

6Gig ram

GTX460 768mb Track IR5

Saitek x52 Pro

1Tb WD Cavier black

Track IR (cant fly without it)

Apart from these issues its very good and the Gau-8 is so much fun to use now.

Andysim, can you send me a track?

Please people, describing a phenomenon is nice and all, but the best thing in the world to help us figure out what is or is not happening is to have a track showing the issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I noticed some rust on the plate. Had to disassemble, sand it down, and apply primer. It's taking a long time to dry, but I should be able to get some time in later tonight, see what all the fuss is about :).

Is that the TM Warthog base plate?

Mooshim,

:thumbup:

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

i just ran the same mission again and refueling worked just fine. All I did was change the tankers flightplan from the long staight legs it was on to a Racetrack circle on the Advanced tab. Seems that the tanker needs to be on a race track before the wingman will refuel from it. I have to go out now but when I get back I will change it back and save a track for you hehe.

Working now

mooshim,

Huh, you've been to this side of earth? I thought flight simmers don't get out much. :D

I was refering to the behavior of most IT guys that go tattletaled to your boos if you've installed programs and downloaded anything from work computer. I just thought maybe there are ways to do these things without being caught.

As our company Internet Guard Dog, i must say that in any bigger company the IT department would need to restrict access to any P2P because of issues involved with this activity in legal and information security.

Not all P2P is illegal, but if that service would be up, it would be used for that for sure.

As for your choice of your residence, i have only one thing to say: Sawad Dee Krap :megalol:

Does being able to open the cockpit at 250kts is realistic?

I my guess would be... yes... reason:- back up for ejection seat failure.

1. First open to get rid of the canopy. ( I thought if would have a canopy ejection system... but that too can fail.)

2. Use cut-away system to separate yourself from the seat.

3. Push the sick forward as hard and fast as you can..

4. enjoy the ride.

This is of course if time permits... otherwise you are toast.

have fun putting that into the sim..lol

Edited by gonk

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

As our company Internet Guard Dog, i must say that in any bigger company the IT department would need to restrict access to any P2P because of issues involved with this activity in legal and information security.

Not all P2P is illegal, but if that service would be up, it would be used for that for sure.

As one of our companies network engineers, I can configure up a new network to get around your restrictions, and upload like a banshee :megalol:

I was seeding 6 hours after release, averaged about 30mbps upload for the first 24 hours (peaked at 100mbps, which was line rate for the seeding box), it dropped to about 10mbps and stayed that way for most of the week, and for the last 24 hours its jumped back to about 20mbps. 580Gb uploaded :)