Virpil HOTAS

Hello

I'm thinking to buy a Virpil HOTAS, Grip VPC MongoosT-50LH BE, Base is the VPC WarBRD, and the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle.

I fly exclousively the F/A-18. So my question is, does this hotas fit for the F/A-18? Are there enough buttons for every important keybinding?

I'm a bit concerned, if it has enough 4-way buttons on top of the grip and if there's a 4-way button on the side. In chucks guide you need 3 of them at the top, one for trimming, one for weapon select, and one for TDC press/depress and zooming in. On the side of the grip you need also a 4-way button for sensor select.

My other concern is, if the throttle has a resistance before going to afterburner? That woud be nice.

Thanks for answering.

Speaking for the T50, there are plenty of buttons fot the 18. Far more than the real stick actually. Get the desk mount and the stick extension when you order. I added the 100mm spacer, and it has made a night and day difference for AAR alone.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

i9 9900k, H150i AIO, Asus Code XI, 64Gb @ 3200mhz DDR4, FTW3 Hybrid 1080ti, M.2 521Gb OS, M.2 2Tb Games

Rift, Virpil T50, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Cougar MFDs

I'm curious as to why you want the lefty version?

Apart from that it is a very sweet setup.

The standard mongoose grip has just as many buttons as the warthog, but if you are buying now I would consider the new CM2 grip which has a 5-way hat on the thumb rest instead of just a button.

And if you don't have enough on the stick you have another four on the throttle.

You want the desk mounts because a desktop positioned stick is about as ergonomic as doing deadlift with your legs straight and bent back.

An extension increases the range of movement on the stick thus increasing the motion needed to send a given input.

This increases how precise you can be and therefore increase control.

Edited by Bob_Bushman

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

I'm curious as to why you want the lefty version.

That's really only useful if you right hand stick from before.

Sorry my fault, copied the false name, of course i will order the right hand version.

@aaron886 So you think they fix it in coming months? Or maybe longer?

Thank you for the infos.

For what is a desk mount? and how does it work? same for the stick extension. For what is it good?

Thanks

The desk mount places the HOTAS the proper way, and you can mount the joy either centered between your legs, or by your right side F-16 style.

There are quite adjustable on height.

There is a clamp you manually turn so the table of your desk is braced, holding the "desk mount + hotas" system.

No idea about stick extension, I don´t have one.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

The desk mount places the HOTAS the proper way, and you can mount the joy either centered between your legs, or by your right side F-16 style.

There are quite adjustable on height.

There is a clamp you manually turn so the table of your desk is braced, holding the "desk mount + hotas" system.

No idea about stick extension, I don´t have one.

This sounds nice. Can you help me choose the right product? I don't know what base and mounting system.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Thank you

Get the virpil desk mount for best compatibility with the stick and throttle.

i9 9900k, H150i AIO, Asus Code XI, 64Gb @ 3200mhz DDR4, FTW3 Hybrid 1080ti, M.2 521Gb OS, M.2 2Tb Games

I think I will buy this one

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-desk-mount-l.html

Do I need two of these, for the throttle also? (throttle requires an adapter plate I read), sry maybe a dumb question, but I want to go sure before buying...

And for the base I thought this one

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-mongoost-50cm-base.html

Will this go together? I'm not reading anywhere which base are fitting for which desk mount, only grips.

Thank you very much for helping!

regards

Edit: @Exikutioner why you need a spacer? is the grip to short? Thank you!

Edit 2: So I've read that the spacer increases precision and smoother movement. But which lengh is the right one? What's the difference between them? Sry for so much questions... But I'm not going to order "blind" for that cost.

Edited by memoric

You will need one mount for the stick, and another for the throttle.

As far as the 100mm spacer, it gives you far more precision with the stick. You can make much smaller inputs, smoother, than with the grip connected with no spacer. If you have the stick mounted between your legs, you can get a more natural and comfortable grip with the spacer.

At the end of the day, you can unscrew the spacer and run with/without in a matter of seconds. It is worth the buy though.

Though it should the be said.

The warbrd base is massively different from the t50 base.

I have one of each and the warbrd has the same range of motion without extensions at all as the t50 has with a 10cm extension.

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

Wait til they fix the ghost button presses on the throttle. I'm not the only one dealing with this issue, and support has been limited to "update your firmware." It doesn't fix anything.

Agree,I have same problem with my VPC throttle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

Guys check your connections.

These sticks a lot more power than your usual usb sticks to run reliably, some motherboards even can't supply enough amps.

I was getting first random disconnects on my throttle, that settled too the throttle modifier just would not shift states on occasion and other just plain really weird behaviour.

And one night as I fired up my right stick was sending ransom press on a button and brake lever stuck to 50%.

Turns out my hub has been getting wonky, got a new one that night and everything has been hunky dory since.

I even swear the LED's on the throttle is brighter.

EDIT:

Cell phone posting is a mess.

Edited by Bob_Bushman

I own the T-50 base and grip, and the TM WH grip. For most planes I use the TM WH grip with the T-50 base. That's because it has 4 4-way hats while the T-50 only has 3. And I find the T-50's 2-way switch under the index finger useless. That's because I cannot activate it when my hand is firmly araund the grip, and its forward movement is extremely short without any tactile feedback. Also, I like the solid heavy feel of the TM WH grip.

In fact, I use the T-50 grip only when I need the brake axis (for Spitfire and Mig-21).

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

For things in stock.

About a week to be shipped.

As for pre-orders.

Well it's called pre order for a reason.

I waited just over three months or so for my throttle.

No regrets.

That was an order made for the first or second batch of production throttles to be sent after the pre orders where shipped on those last year