Dead zone condition

Eagle7907

Greetings,

I've looked in the manual :book:, I've searched here, I've searched Google. :helpsmilie:What exactly is the "Dead Zone" trigger condition? I'm trying to make friendly units advance via a flag on while utilizing an area trigger, and I want to make sure this is what it is meant to do.

Thanks!

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• 1 month later...

It appears to be new. I just noticed it in the list since the last stable update.

I was thinking maybe it checks the status of all units in the zone and if all units dead, returns true.

I took a crack at it by making a zone, placing a static inside it, blowing up the static, then running the condition as a trigger - instant crash to desktop.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Right click on a map object, click 'assign as' It will create a zone around the map object which you can name.  This name will then be available in the dead zone drop down.

Dead zone will detect if that map object is dead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 7:03 AM, Ironwulf said:

Right click on a map object, click 'assign as' It will create a zone around the map object which you can name.  This name will then be available in the dead zone drop down.

Dead zone will detect if that map object is dead.

Ironwulf,

Thanks for the info.  I've tried your explanation, but it doesn't work for me.  Have you yourself been able to make it work?  If so, would you be so kind as to provide further information as to how to implement it.  In my case, I was trying to send a message to all that a specific building had been destroyed.

Thanks in advance,

Edited by Mysty

3 hours ago, Mysty said:

...I've tried your explanation, but it doesn't work for me...

I gave it a try and if I don't mistake it seems that it doesn't work. As an option the Mist equivalent function does work.
Here a short example, if you want to try this way, the building in front of your parked aircraft will explode and trigger the 'message to all' (the function in script is set to test every 10 seconds if the building/scenery object in zone is destroyed).

test-deadzone.miz