Bullseye Position

Habu_69

Set a waypoint as bullseye . Select that waypoint and the HSI will give you bearing and distance . This with the assumption

that info available in briefing , as it should be .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Set a waypoint as bullseye . Select that waypoint and the HSI will give you bearing and distance . This with the assumption

that info available in briefing , as it should be .

not everybody can navigate to different point, using this method ;)

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

not everybody can navigate to different point, using this method ;)

I do not understand . If the bullseye coordinates are given in the briefing , as they should be , everyone has the coordinates , can input a waypoint using those coordinates , and thus everyone can reference bullseye . Is this not correct ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I do not understand . If the bullseye coordinates are given in the briefing , as they should be , everyone has the coordinates , can input a waypoint using those coordinates , and thus everyone can reference bullseye . Is this not correct ?

i mean without coordinates input)

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

You are correct. When AWACS reports bandit bullseye position, the pilot can estimate the bandit's location. Question is: Where am I in relation to bullseye so I can judge BRA to bandit? Waypoint is best work around, it seems, for now. Assign WP1 or WP last to BI.

With appropriate software one can also construct and print out a map with BI location, distance rings and flight plan on it.

Guys what is BRC code? In some missions I ' ve noticed that there are TACAC (74x), ICLS (11x) and BRC (305). I know what tacan and icls are, but what is that BRC code?

Base Recovery Course - it's essentially the bearing the carrier is heading (though it's wrong in the first mini campaign mission).

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

i tried to find out, if i can see the bullseye information from aircrafts inside the cockpit. But it seems to be, that this feature is not implemented yet. Is that correct?

And the only workaround is a waypoint for all aircrafts, to solve this problem?

Regards

First watch this

Key points:

- Learn how to get into waypont data screen

- Learn how to enter a waypoint

Then watch this

Key points:

- Designate waypoint as "A/A WPT" which = bullseye

- Learn how to get your ownship position, and bearing/range to target using radar screen and TDI cursor

Using bullseye is fairly easy conceptually. It would be like if you were my wingman, and you had a tendency to take off on your own. Which he does. "Where ya at?" "Um, 10 miles from the airport flying south." "Dangit I'm 10 miles from base flying east. OK, I'll turn right and look for you on radar." You call for a picture, Overlord says theres some crafty J11's at bulls 180 for 40. You glance at the radar, see you are bulls 270 for 20. (Note all these directions reference the radial FROM the waypoint, the direction you would be facing if you were flying away from the waypoint.) So you turn right and ask for dope.

Navigating with precision to a particular point relative to bulls (or any navigation point) is a little trickier, I'd get the basics down first.

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Hello everyone,

i tried to find out, if i can see the bullseye information from aircrafts inside the cockpit. But it seems to be, that this feature is not implemented yet. Is that correct?

And the only workaround is a waypoint for all aircrafts, to solve this problem?

Regards

The AWACS calls it's bullseye calls relative to the bullseye for your coalition that was placed using the mission editor. AFAIK there is no way to verify what this location from within the cockpit of the hornet. There are a few ways to figure out what the bullseye location is though:

- The mission creator may have placed the bullseye in the mission editor to correspond to a pre-programmed waypoint in the hornet, then can just use the A/A WPT on that point.

- The bullseye might be available in the mission briefing information provided by the mission creator.

- You can use the F10 map and visually find the bullseye location on the map, you can then get the latitude/longitude coordinate of the bullseye, enter in a new waypoint using your HSI->Data page, and then set this new waypoint as the A/A WPT.

• 1 year later...

Just catching myself up on this, so if you change the bullseye to a waypoint, differing from what was set originally in the mission, do all subsequent directions from Magic reference the new bullseye?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Just catching myself up on this, so if you change the bullseye to a waypoint, differing from what was set originally in the mission, do all subsequent directions from Magic reference the new bullseye?

No, I don't believe they do. Because how would that account for different players having different AA waypoints. The point of a bullseye is to have a universal reference for all planes.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Sure,in multiplayer I can see that would be an issue. But in single player it would not. I ask, as have spent some time today looking at the tutorials on using this and understood that in Wags AA waypoint tutorial for example, that this is a way to get the SA and if the sim does not use the waypoint you set as bullseye, then I don’t see how that would work.....?

How does it work, do all mission automatically get a bullseye generated, so there is a set reference for vector to tanker enquiries etc? if you make a mission with an AWACS , do you have to generate a bullseye as well? In Falcon 4 for example, there is a set bullseye for that theatre, it never changes.

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

You have to put a waypoint on top of the bullseye and select that as A/A WP. AWACS will reference the correct bullseye position at all times, it's your job to set it up correctly in your aircraft. The Bullseye position in the sim has nothing to do with the player specifically.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Got it......thanks! Something that needs incorporating into any start up routine then.

Got it......thanks! Something that needs incorporating into any start up routine then.
Yes, pretty much. I always place a waypoint on top of the Bullseye in the Mission Editor, or create one in the cockpit.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro