snap view

Copy them to your Saved Games folder?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

each time there is an update I often have to 're-create' my snap views.

Strange, I updated DCS on Friday and yet the file that stores the snapviews (/Saved Games/DCS/config/view/Snapviews.Lua) is intact and has a last modified date of March 14th ... so the update has not messed with it.

is there a way to preserve my current snap views across DCS updates?

You could backup your /Saved games/dcs/ folder prior to performing the game updates ... I backup mine frequently, along with all the other documents of my User folder.

Cheers

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

thanks snacko.

errr.. how do I do that... please.

Copy: .... \DCS\Config\View\SnapViews.lua

To: C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\SnapViews.lua

where xxxxxxx is your username.

Anything in the Saved Games folder does not get changed when DCS updates. Also, DCS will look for game files here first and they will override the game's install folder's files.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

hmmmm…

I tried your advice... but the results are to say the least bizzare

The last system update did indeed change my snap views.

so I found the file you described and when i ran DCS and ‘re-created’my snap views then the file snapviews.lua was modified with date and time of my‘re-creation’, as you described.

I then copied this file to a backup location and renamed the file in the saved-games folder to an unrecognised name, thus disconnecting it from DCS.

Sure enough when i restarted DCS my newly recreated snapviews had gone. As expected.

I then closed down DCS.

Renamed the snapview.lua in the saved games to the correct name. theoretically putting back into use.

Restarting DCS gave a strange result.

One of the aircraft i use, the harrier, kept the newly recreated snapviews. The other two aircraft (FA-18 and A-10C) reverted to the incorrect system views.

Am i missing some ‘switch’ or setting in one of the otherDCS system files?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that there is an option in the game's settings that asks to save Snap views. Can't remember exactly where it is..

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk