AWACS Need to Run Away!

mytai01

There needs to be a script, or something, that AWACS will run away from enemy fighters that get too close. That is what real AWACS would do. They would never just keep orbiting when danger gets too close...They RUN! That would be true for other non-fighter aircraft that have AWACS advisories...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I did the following: 1. Triggers -> Switched Condition, 2. Conditions -> Unit inside moving zone. But with what action do I send the AWACS to another waypoint as soon as the enemy fighter gets into the moving zone? Could you post a short MIZ-file? :)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Set another waypoint away from the fighters, then set a waypoint action at the waypoint it orbits at, set an end condition for the orbit action conditional on a flag which value changes to 1 based on if something comes into that zone, then also create an advanced action of "switch to waypoint", and have that conditional on that flag being set to 1.

I've not got time now, but I'll build such a mission up if necessary, and upload it.

While this can be done with triggers, there is a slight problem. Triggers are absolute. When a plane enters the trigger to make the AWACS retreat, the AWACS will respond. This would happen even if the plane is undetectable by sensors.

It would be better to have smarter AWACS AI, or to update triggers to allow you to use detection as a condition. This is something that you can do with scripting, but I think it should be moved into the base game as well.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

You can only make approximations without scripting. Ideally the AWACS should only retreat if it detects an enemy (depending on what them mission designer wants). You can make increasingly complex triggers, but you still won't be able to make the AWACS move based on a detected enemy.

SAM's have a similar problem. I use triggers to create flashing SAM's and EWR networks. But I can't actually use the radars in game for this without scripting because there is no way to access that information.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

... I've not got time now' date=' but I'll build such a mission up if necessary, and upload it.[/quote']

That would be great! Thank you! :)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack