[REPORTED] Ammunition counters' knobs

Woodbuster

1-The ammunition counters' knobs work fine when controlled by mouse however keyboard shortcuts only works when a first movement has been initiated by mouse...

2-They do not work at all when binded on axis.

Your item 1:

I cannot confirm. I have tested the keyboard commands in Open Beta in a newly started mission and they work fine.

Your item 2:

I confirm. The axis command for the SZKK does not work at all.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yes, I tested in Open Beta. Is your problem in the stable release version?

I just tested in the stable release and the keyboard commands work there too (without previously using mouse commands).

I don't doubt what you are saying, but I don't think that it's a general bug.

Note: I did not test the axis command as I don't consider that a useful option.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...
1-The ammunition counters' knobs work fine when controlled by mouse however keyboard shortcuts only works when a first movement has been initiated by mouse...

2-They do not work at all when binded on axis.

Few more details about this issue:

1-This happens on Cold and dark as well as on engine running start situation.

2- Knobs can't be rotated clockwise and therefore the white stripes can't move up.

3- This can be bypassed by rotating knobs counterclockwise to an inverse value of the desired amount of ammunition and then increasing it. Should it really work like this in RL?

According to my test the incators indicate a different amount of ammunution load depending on whether you start on runway or cold start. And this whatever the actual ammunition load.

It looks like an initialization issue.

I can this confirm from long experience. I have always used Up/Down toggle switches to set the ammo counters. And it has always been necessary to rotate them counter-clockwise before you could set them up.

This does not make sense of course and I would consider this a bug. It's most annoying in MP because you always do a cold start and then the counters are not pre-set.

It's also inconsistent. The FW-190D uses the same ammo counters as the Bf-109 (except it has 4 of them). But the FW-190 always has the counters pre-set at mission start (even with a cold start), and that makes sense because it was certainly the ground crew's job to set the counters after re-arming. Also, you can turn the counters up without previously turning them down.

Yes, it's a bug and it's not the only bug of the Bf-109, and unfortunately I have little hope to see it fixed in my lifetime.

LeCuvier

• 2 months later...