Setting RoE for enemy interceptor group

Eviscerador

Hello everyone. I'm finally messing around with the mission editor and I have to say that this forum has been of great help so far.

Now, I have searched but I haven't found how to properly manage the following set of triggers. I'd like to have some advice about it.

The logic sequence is as follows:

- I have several SAM and a CAP over enemy territory. They are active with their search radar and Red state, but they have their weapons on hold, because we are not at war. They are doing their bussiness and the allied force is doing theirs.

- I have several trigger zones in both sides of the DMZ over the border.

- I have two allied player plane groups.

What I want to do:

- If any allied air group enters any of the enemy side trigger zones, Ragnarok happens. CAP fighters lock on and attack, SAM start locking and firing and everything turns really hostile and angry.

- If the allied air group retreats from the zone, they keep firing, until the CAP fighters cross the border, they reach the allied trigger zone, and everyone hold their weapons again, CAP return to CAP pattern and SAM return to RED alert - No engage state.

So far I managed to do this no problem, but it only happens once. I mean, if the allied group enters the trigger zone AGAIN after unleashing Ragnarok once, the enemy don't respond, because the trigger is a ONCE trigger.

If I set a Continuous action trigger, at the moment they get out of the zone, everything returns to normal. I don't want that, I want the CAP to shoo them off and feel their fear.

Any ideas about how to make this repeteable without a script, I'm really crap at scripting, like, I have no idea how to even start.

Thanks in advance!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you tried using "allied air group inside allied trigger zone" as condition for the "Ragnarok end" continuous trigger?

How are you setting it all up in ME? Could you post your mission here?

Here's what I'd do if I were to set this up using ME triggers (I'd prefer scripting it, though. It would be simpler and cleaner):

1 - Continuous trigger checking for the presence of allied groups inside any enemy trigger zones.

This continuous trigger should have a flag check "flag X is not Y" as an additional condition.

It should also have "Ragnarok start" as action.

2- Continuous trigger checking for the presence of CAP groups inside allied trigger zones (or allied groups, if you like).

This trigger should have "set flag X to Y" and "Ragnarok end" as actions.

3- Another continuous trigger that will be used to reset flag X.

This trigger should have "allied groups NOT in enemy zone" and "CAP groups NOT in allied zone" as conditions (or allied groups only, your choice).

It should also have "set flag X to anything but Y" as action.

Now, I think this covers all the bases, these 3 continuous triggers should allow for the kind of behaviour you're after.

Ragnarok will start every time allied groups enter any enemy zone, hostilities will continue until the CAP groups reach the allied zones

(you can use allied groups instead of CAP groups for this if you like).

Btw, scripting in DCS is way easier than it might seem, if you're interested in learning, PM me.

EDIT: The problem of CAP and SAM groups not engaging the second time around might be related to AI behaviour rather than the ME triggers used. It would be great if you could post your mission here.

Edited by Hardcard