Is ground refueling possible?

GazAce

Hey there good folks,

I successfully got the Ground Crew to repair but can't seem to get them to refuel. I tried several different ways but all I get is the Crew stating its complete but there's no fuel onboard. Anyone have any notes on this one?

book.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Ground refuel issue

Yes, usually it is.

Can you elaborate further?

Do you use the Re-arm and refuel window? Moving the fuel slider along to full?

Hi Jonsky, thanks

Yes, I tried that and no fuel was loaded after Crew states complete. Was a bit annoying because I ran out on the runway and only a few metres short of a mission success trigg. Also the rearm worked and I was peppered by AAA and the Crew fixed that but I just can't seem to get the fuel. Also there's no mention of this in the manual so I'm not sure of procedure. I tried shutting everything down except Batt power and a few other ways but still nada. Any help appreciated, thanks.

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Hi Jonsky, thanks

Yes, I tried that and no fuel was loaded after Crew states complete. Was a bit annoying because I ran out on the runway and only a few metres short of a mission success trigg. Also the rearm worked and I was peppered by AAA and the Crew fixed that but I just can't seem to get the fuel. Also there's no mention of this in the manual so I'm not sure of procedure. I tried shutting everything down except Batt power and a few other ways but still nada. Any help appreciated, thanks.

yeah, when you completely run out of fuel, you cant refuel anymore. there was a thread on this already and the conclusion was that basically this shouldnt be possible on real jet either (it needs some special procedures in such a case).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Hmm sounds plausable

yeah, when you completely run out of fuel, you cant refuel anymore. there was a thread on this already and the conclusion was that basically this shouldnt be possible on real jet either (it needs some special procedures in such a case).

Oh well, I guess that's that then, what a shame but it does sound right though if one thinks about it. Guess I'll have to be more careful next time.

Thanks for your inputs guys, much appreciated

G thumbup.gif

;3857095']If you've run out of fuel' date=' then I believe that there is no GEN power to run the radios, so they don't hear you. If you can lift up the canopy it should work.[/quote']

Well all I needed was Batt On to have comms with the Ground Crew as they Rearmed and Repaired when I requested but as I said, there was no fuel added. Oh and another thing, the sound of the fuel was evident as it was being pumped in and I did get a “Refueling Complete” verbal from the Ground Crew and also that funny “Hey what are you doing”? a couple of times from them after the repair was done. Oh well, its no biggie, I’ll just watch my fuel more carefully from now on.

Thanks anyway :thumbup:

Well all I needed was Batt On to have comms with the Ground Crew as they Rearmed and Repaired when I requested but as I said, there was no fuel added. Oh and another thing, the sound of the fuel was evident as it was being pumped in and I did get a “Refueling Complete” verbal from the Ground Crew and also that funny “Hey what are you doing”? a couple of times from them after the repair was done. Oh well, its no biggie, I’ll just watch my fuel more carefully from now on.

Just a thought and I might be wrong on system ops here.

Fuel quantity not powered by the battery so you will not get accurate fuel quantity till engine start.

Due to running out of gas, the engine fuel lines are starved and need to be primed with gas before you can restart the motor.

The above is logical in my head, but I’m not infront of a PC to test that.

Just a thought and I might be wrong on system ops here.

Fuel quantity not powered by the battery so you will not get accurate fuel quantity till engine start.

Due to running out of gas, the engine fuel lines are starved and need to be primed with gas before you can restart the motor.

The above is logical in my head, but I’m not infront of a PC to test that.

Hey thanks brother and that's what I thought, APU won't stay on long enough to crank engines with no fuel it kinda can't. Catch 22

Yeah, something sounds fishy. Did you confirm that they actually loaded on new stores on the pylons for you? just no fuel? They don't start loading the stores until the fuel is finished loading. Wonder if maybe it had to do with Easy comms being enabled that you were still able to talk with them.

The IEFI only shows RPM and temp on battery. You could have tried calling for external power, and using the external power panel: 1. External power switch - RESET, then Switch 1, 2, and 4 - B ON (hold each for 3 seconds), though I'm not 100% sure if that would show you the fuel level until the APU is started though.

I want to play around with cold starting on the ground now to see exactly how/when you can talk with the ground crew with/without Easy comms on now.

;3857520']Yeah, something sounds fishy. Did you confirm that they actually loaded on new stores on the pylons for you? just no fuel? They don't start loading the stores until the fuel is finished loading. Wonder if maybe it had to do with Easy comms being enabled that you were still able to talk with them.

The IEFI only shows RPM and temp on battery. You could have tried calling for external power, and using the external power panel: 1. External power switch - RESET, then Switch 1, 2, and 4 - B ON (hold each for 3 seconds), though I'm not 100% sure if that would show you the fuel level until the APU is started though.

I want to play around with cold starting on the ground now to see exactly how/when you can talk with the ground crew with/without Easy comms on now.

I always only have two boxes ticked in Difficulties.. Allied Flight Reports and Radio Assists as I like the chatter. And so your saying that the fuel might have been loaded but not showing on gauge? I even did the full “cheat” shutdown thing just to make sure and then when I flicked Batt on.. my APU still wouldn’t fire up, so I’m thinking once you run completely out of fuel your pretty much done and dusted but would be interesting to know if that fuel was being supplied after they acknowledged refuelling complete. It doesn't matter, I'm over this issue now anyway lol

Thanks for your input tho smile.gif

Edited by GazAce
Afterthought

Not true I COMPLETELY ran out of fuel couple times during multiplayer and was always refuelled at friendly airport