Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Hey Alpenwolf, I've an idea for the Cold war server missions. Why not start making various scenarios and stories and include other factions. You could make a story based on middle eastern countries like Iran vs Iraq based in the PG map. Or Eastern European vs Western European with Dutch, Norwegian and other F-5s vs Polish, East German and Serbian etc Migs?

Make em both real and fictional too. They can be anything from the Korean war to the 80s and be anywhere on the globe. They could be Israel vs Syria, Russia vs Georgia, US vs Vietnam, US vs Russia etc.

Considering it's "Cold War" the possibilities of scenarios are endless!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Hey Alpenwolf, I've an idea for the Cold war server missions. Why not start making various scenarios and stories and include other factions. You could make a story based on middle eastern countries like Iran vs Iraq based in the PG map. Or Eastern European vs Western European with Dutch, Norwegian and other F-5s vs Polish, East German and Serbian etc Migs?

Make em both real and fictional too. They can be anything from the Korean war to the 80s and be anywhere on the globe. They could be Israel vs Syria, Russia vs Georgia, US vs Vietnam, US vs Russia etc.

Considering it's "Cold War" the possibilities of scenarios are endless!

With Syria and Vietnam maps coming one day that's exactly what I'm going to do. The F-8 was announced and one day the F-4 once the F-16 is finished.

The Vietnam thing is something that will introduced soon to the server...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

With Syria and Vietnam maps coming one day that's exactly what I'm going to do. The F-8 was announced and one day the F-4 once the F-16 is finished.

The Vietnam thing is something that will introduced soon to the server...

Awesome! But since we already have the Caucasus and PG maps, and even the Vegas map, why not actually make scenarios based on F-5s, F-86s and Migs? With the Vegas map you could even have a Red Flag mission of the early 70s of when they first came out and the red faction will be strictly the USAF aggressors flying Sabres, F-5s and captured Migs!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Awesome! But since we already have the Caucasus and PG maps, and even the Vegas map, why not actually make scenarios based on F-5s, F-86s and Migs? With the Vegas map you could even have a Red Flag mission of the early 70s of when they first came out and the red faction will be strictly the USAF aggressors flying Sabres, F-5s and captured Migs!

There are very few people owning those maps... I believe a Tournament with those maps could be a solution maybe?

I don't own the NTTR map myself. And like dFlow said, many don't either.

Now, the PG map I do own and I believe many do as well, but still in limited numbers. 2-3 months ago I started working on a mission in the PG map. I might revisit that mission and see if it enters the server.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Apologies for the two friendly incidents tonight. There was an AWACs and player MiG call over Nal leading to me hitting a Sabre and then the F5 startup bug hit me where the thing goes to high throttle just after start up, and straight into a friendly. Not ideal but also not deliberate. Decided to call it a night after that :/

Edited by Sideburns

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

@ Viggen pilots:

Can the Viggen's radar pick up speedboats?

I need that information for the upcoming mission, please.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

@ Viggen pilots:

Can the Viggen's radar pick up speedboats?

Without testing, im 90% sure that is the case.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Without testing, im 90% sure that is the case.

Same

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Regarding the "disabled" weapons, I made sure to double check and only load out my MiG-21 with what is allowed, only for the guy next to me to take off with 6x R-60Ms. Is there no enforcement in place or has the restriction changed based on map?

1) server by default just removes all the weapons that cant be used like r60s Ms so You dont have to be "carefull" while equiping them

2) You are aware that the Mig 21 rearaspect only R60s are allowed (which external look is I think same as R60Ms). the all aspect R60Ms are not allowed.

Edited by Carl_infar

1) server by default just removes all the weapons that cant be used like r60s Ms so You dont have to be "carefull" while equiping them

2) You are aware that the Mig 21 rearaspect only R60s are allowed (which external look is I think same as R60Ms). the all aspect R60Ms are not allowed.

There are two different R60s? Learn something new every day! I was sure I saw the banned weapons in the list, but I guess I was seeing the R-13M not the M1. Damn all these sub-versions!

Good to know I can't get it wrong though! Other servers let you pick them, then kick you when you take off.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Is it possible to allow custom textures for Mustang texture set?

Not sure if that affects the server's performance. I'll talk to him first.

Hi, I've just checked (placed a armed speed boat on the sea) and it can.

Very much appreciated.

Damn, that boat looks very small on the radar screen. Was it hard to detect? Would fog and/or rain affect that?

Cheers!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Is it possible to allow custom textures for Mustang texture set?

Since its just a texture replacement it works without an allowance for anything like cockpit mods. I am using the mig21 clean canopy mod and also mustangs textures without any issues.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

I own the PG map too, but i don't think that i ever will buy the nevada map. It's completely useless for me since i don't wanna do red flag missions at all. I can see the benefit of that map for some people who wanna do their training there like real us pilots, but for me its useless since i do most training missions just 1 time to get the sequence for a bomb/rocket/whatever weapon attack and the next training is gonna be a live target from the instant action or missions list.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick