ArmA 3 via Steam ? I Want to Purchase It.

DieHard

I have been thinking of purchasing Arma 3: Digital Deluxe Edition through Steam for $50 to try it out. I have a new single Asus 4GB GTX680 card that is super as to a game that contains great graphic features. My freebie "Metro: Last Light" game that is my 1st Steam experience is awesome. According to the Steam info in the Steam store Arma 3 is in Alpha or what they have to purchase currently is the Alpha version.

The official Arma 3 store to purchase it:

=========================

https://store.bistudio.com/arma3-digital-deluxe-edition

https://store.bistudio.com/arma3-supporter-edition

http://www.arma3.com/features

Thoughts?

Advice?

Anybody have this and how do you like the Alpha version?

Special controller for using the game? Is my CH Products of Fighterstick and Pro Throttle doable in Arma 3?

I have no experience using any of the Arma games.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only thing that will dissapoint is the lack of game content and the fact the content will be loosly based upon their real world counterparts.

Arma players never had it so good. irregardless of technology. Your 680 will serve you very well. and your peripherals will server you well. its not a flight sim though!. An ever broadening infantry simulator is what it is. mind you its soon to be implelented flight model is not so bad. The modding scene is supremely incredible.

ok so would you like a free code to simply try it ? i can gift you on steam Arma3 Lite. a promotional version with same alpha content uttilising singleplayer only.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Ali Fish,

I will just go ahead and get it. Looks like 3rd quater 2013 for final release, tentatively. Will give me time to learn it.

I am looking for a good infantry game. Am interested in the SEAL type sorties and parachuting in.

(Have flown with you in the past when the P-51 was in beta. I just setup and tried it again last-night in Multiplayer. Amazing what I forgot, but I have notes. I manually started it and took-off no problem, full sim mode, no cheats. But an AI Su-27 got me out of nowhere and I was below 1,000 feet. FW-190 is going to be fun.)

Thanks for the reply and offer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

good choice, you cant go wrong with it. I recently started flying again. p51 was smooth after 8 months away, i cant forget how to fly that. not possible lol. Got the Huey too and thats brilliant sadly within my first hour on the Virtual Aerobatics server on my first time in the huey i tested my radios functionality and fired the guns which they seemed fit to permanently ban me instantly for. nasty gits. so if your about flying dont make that mistake. (you know checking your joystick functions that you`ve just tried to setup).

Hi Ali Fish,

I will just go ahead and get it. Looks like 3rd quater 2013 for final release, tentatively. Will give me time to learn it.

I am looking for a good infantry game. Am interested in the SEAL type sorties and parachuting in.

(Have flown with you in the past when the P-51 was in beta. I just setup and tried it again last-night in Multiplayer. Amazing what I forgot, but I have notes. I manually started it and took-off no problem, full sim mode, no cheats. But an AI Su-27 got me out of nowhere and I was below 1,000 feet. FW-190 is going to be fun.)

Thanks for the reply and offer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Found this YouTube stash:

=================

http://nortonsafe.search.ask.com/web?q=playing+Arma+3+in+Alpha+youtube&geo=US&prt=360&locale=en_US&o=APN10505&chn=retail&ver=20&tpr=2

I watched the top one. The guy seems a bit combat skills naive. But sims are not real life. I read somewhere that this sim company for a lot more money is used to actually train real life combat troops. Seems to me these guys are a bit like Eagle Dynamics supporting the real world combat troops.

I did combat phase in my Navy Seabee training in 1974. I beat the draft in 1970, I did not take out a deferment as my number was so high. I built houses for 3 years. Oil embargo was 1974 and no work, Navy needed carpenters (Diego Garcia), so I enlisted. I was not there, but here is a photo stash of it and the uniform of the day.

http://www.zianet.com/tedmorris/dg/seabees.html

I am not sorry, the experience was worth it. Some of it was fun. Learned some trade skills I did not know like building timber bridges from trees. I met some burned out SEALs and former Marines in my Seabee journey. The Bees are not quite as serious or intense, just to defend and patrol our work area. Work all day, then pull a 4 hour watch every four days or so, probably not sleep, work another 12 or 18 hours then crash. Knew a few guys that did Tet in 1968 in case anybody wants to infer we did not do combat.

I still remember the infantry choreography various moves---any Marine knows what I am referring to. There is a wee bit of logic tramping around in the woods, clearings, swamps. I functioned at the fire team component, then squad, then platoon, then company. A Seabee battalion was about 600 guys 5 trades companies and a HQ company. Each company had its specific specialty, like the surveyors tended to be the guys using the mortars. I fired expert with the M-16 at 100 yards with no scope, but I would not waste a shot in combat at that distance. Am qualified on the M-60. I never saw combat. Played with the Marines some at Camp Geiger to Camp LeJeune. Camp Geiger is right after Parris Island Marine Corps basic. My Seabee battalion had a platoon of Marines with us, with an officer and Gunny sergeant. Whenever we did duty section watch (guard duty) it was always conducted dead serious, no nonsense, as was the combat training. Past tense is WAS---1974, I have no idea how the Seabees function today. I doubt they build timber bridges in a treeless terrain.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why would you want to buy it via Steam? I bought it via the website a couple of months ago for €25.

Disregard, that was for the regular version. But still I wonder, why buy it from Steam if you can buy it the normal way?

Edited by Robert1983NL

Why would you want to buy it via Steam? I bought it via the website a couple of months ago for €25.

Disregard, that was for the regular version. But still I wonder, why buy it from Steam if you can buy it the normal way?

I agree with you.

Please correct me if I am wrong, seems off the official website, their store, the Steam versions are the only way to purchase Arma 3 (a few choices to select) currently.

https://store.bistudio.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sadly within my first hour on the Virtual Aerobatics server on my first time in the huey i tested my radios functionality and fired the guns which they seemed fit to permanently ban me instantly for. .. nasty gits.

Am sorry but I don't know how you could miss all the warnings on that server that it's a none weapons server and there's a perm ban if you break that rule, what makes it even more unlikely is you would have to have rearmed before firing the weapons as the default configs are unarmed.

Anyway you should contact the server admins if you think its incorrect not insult them publicly.

Edited by TimeKilla
Did not get the whole quote.

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

Am sorry but I don't know how you could miss all the warnings on that server that it's a none weapons server and there's a perm ban if you break that rule, what makes it even more unlikely is you would have to have rearmed before firing the weapons as the default configs are unarmed.

Anyway you should contact the server admins if you think its incorrect not insult them publicly.

yeah i seen them, i loaded my plane up. wasnt going to hit anyone. i was just testing functionality as i had not flown for a number of months and first time in huey cockpit. (yes i should have done it in single player) i use my trigger for guns, and for radio trigger functionality with an extra key to define the 3 options. i was testing that id set it up right which fired me guns.

TBH its not a problem. its just theres no public servers now for me to have some fun on. And well.... there aint no point in hanging around somewhere iam not wanted, The others in server doing the same im sure didnt get banned. I believe its because i carry my name with me and the fact ive ruffeled a few feathers last year. i have written an email and apologised to have no response.

ive never done combat in dcs. never hit anyone with any weps. never even had a good ole dogfight.

nice info Die Hard. in 1974 i was born in Nairobi, Kenya. lol

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have been thinking of purchasing Arma 3: Digital Deluxe Edition through Steam for $50 to try it out. I have a new single Asus 4GB GTX680 card that is super as to a game that contains great graphic features. My freebie "Metro: Last Light" game that is my 1st Steam experience is awesome. According to the Steam info in the Steam store Arma 3 is in Alpha or what they have to purchase currently is the Alpha version.

The official Arma 3 store to purchase it:

=========================

https://store.bistudio.com/arma3-digital-deluxe-edition

https://store.bistudio.com/arma3-supporter-edition

http://www.arma3.com/features

Thoughts?

Advice?

Anybody have this and how do you like the Alpha version?

Special controller for using the game? Is my CH Products of Fighterstick and Pro Throttle doable in Arma 3?

I have no experience using any of the Arma games.

I have a spare Alpha Lite key if you want to try before you buy?

It's only valid until 18 June and is SP only but will at least giv you a taster.

PM me if you want it.

.cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I believe its because i carry my name with me and the fact ive ruffeled a few feathers last year. i have written an email and apologised to have no response.

No problem buddy, I think they run scripts so it's likely no one banned you on purpose because of you're name anyway. I do think people deserve a second chance but that's my just opinion. I've made some mistakes on servers when I was younger not DCS but other games that were not great.

The only thing that gets me at times is a'lot of servers are passworded sometimes more than are not. I wont get into that tho as it has been debated to death in another thread, Sorry for coming off topic diehard.

I got the lite version of Arma 3 a'lot was promised and not some much has been put in so far so I'll wait on buying the full version.

Edited by TimeKilla

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

I have the full version of A3Alpha, it has not got a lot in the way of weapons so far but the community has already jumped on it big time maps and mods. the only thing I really don't like is that I now don't have a lot of time for flying...

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

I play DCSW in Multiplayer with live fire on:

159th, 104th, Enos Firehouse via SimHQ, -STP-, 74th, <51> are all good. I may be forgetting others. I play a lot by myself wee hours NY time zone. Tyger's 74th is pretty good with his creative missions as-well-as -STP- (Dragon missions). Firehouse, too, has well thought out new missions.

Some servers allowing FC3 >>> helicopters and WWII era planes do not last long especially against the F-15; just stay close to home with your SAM defense active if practicing.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I purchased ArmA 3 Deluxe Edition this morning via Steam, my 1st Steam purchase. New updates download automatically from what I read. On the official site all Alpha purchases were only through Steam, so I have my Steam account already setup playing the free game I got from a NewEgg GTX680 purchase.

Getting 30 frame rate with all settings almost maxed out. I may turn them down some. Going to have to air-condition my computer room or wait until winter---LOL! The 680GTX is almost maxed out and throwing out hot air.

Not much how-to info to fine tune my Nvidia Control Panel, I guess play with it trial and error.

The download went fairly fast within 30 minutes.

Need to figure out how to map my CH Gear.

The Multiplayer community is quite a few guys. That does not necessarily mean good servers, though. I met a northern England guy a couple years ago via DCS that invited me to his server that was playing, then, ArmA 2, but my then video card was not sufficient. I will try his guys.

Thanks for the input, guys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Concerning the Alpha version of the game as of June 6, 2013, I can map my CH gear. Took a little figuring out how to do it. There is no documentation as to a how-to. Functions OK for the arcade helicopter and the vehicles. I have not mapped anything using the CH Control Manager, yet.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]