Combat-Helo

EagleEye

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The progress they make looks extremely impressive. Their premise, to create a fun study sim in the tradition of the 90s is very promising. I am watching this one very closely.

Agreed:thumbup:

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
it looks much better than dcs world............

How can it look better than DCS world when they are "looking for a new host 3d engine". Honestly, it would be great if they would develop it for DCS, but they have been developing their own sim for a while now. Additionally, I am sure they are aware of DCS World's existence.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

This thread will get moved to chit-chat, due to the eroneous title alone.

EDIT: Besides, I think someone needs to conquer the two seater aircraft before trying to make this one work well.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This thread will get moved to chit-chat, due to the eroneous title alone.

EDIT: Besides, I think someone needs to conquer the two seater aircraft before trying to make this one work well.

Uhh.. yeah, probably.

No, sure, just set it to fixed gun mode. Who needs missiles anyways, I thought 'Firebirds' was a 100% accurate description of Apache usage.. :P

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

/Title edited.

How did that happen? DCS?

Hmm, never wrote DCS in the thread title....:huh:

EDIT: Viper, could you delete Longbow as well, because it`s title is Combat Helo since a while. thx!

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Why reinvent the wheel? Just do a third party add on and make it right, IMO.

He have another idea in mind, when developing CH. Just follow his blog, if you want to know more.;)

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

I'd rather he didn't try to integrate this into DCS. I think CH looks a lot better, and his environment is gorgeous. :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I'd rather he didn't try to integrate this into DCS. I think CH looks a lot better, and his environment is gorgeous. :)

Correct me if I am wrong but doesnt this quote mean it needs a new engine?

"""It will remain a donation project until we procure a new host 3D engine that can handle the terrain size needed for historical campaigns. The software architecture of our Apache will continue to remain as engine agnostic as possible. """

Doesnt this mean the environment is not permanent?

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

I agree, terrain quality has been one of the main issues with DCS. I'd love it if the next DCS does something really radical in that direction cause frankly the terrain in DCS looks seriously outdated. "Birds of Prey" for instance has gorgeous terrain and it would be great if CH gets to use the same or similar technology.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]