DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:badmood::badmood::Flush:

I feel the same way.

I really hope they are working on something really big for the Hornet, thats's coming really soon because the current progress over the last few months is getting real old and sad.:mad:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I really hope they are working on something really big for the Hornet, thats's coming really soon because the current progress over the last few months is getting real old and sad.:mad:

Well, the last newsletter said completing walleye, jdam and harpoon modes, than Slam(Er), and only then systems like TWS. So we can expect a slow drip of weapons system modes being activated (in all likelihood buggy) while the important avionics that we are really suffering the lack of are delayed while the Viper is built.

• ED Team
So thats the patch? It seems more like hotfix for me...notning new.

Given that we update DCS World almost every week, not every week can have substantial changes. Also, Monday was a holiday in Russia, so it was a short week for us. Thanks for your support.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Well, the last newsletter said completing walleye, jdam and harpoon modes, than Slam(Er), and only then systems like TWS. So we can expect a slow drip of weapons system modes being activated (in all likelihood buggy) while the important avionics that we are really suffering the lack of are delayed while the Viper is built.

Yes, I agree and understand the slow progress of the current and upcoming weapon systems will be slow and that's ok. But I feel they could at least complete the TGP with the HUD indicator and the ability to mount it on the cheek stations. Maybe all the resources are still working on the Viper.

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I feel they could at least complete the TGP with the HUD indicator and the ability to mount it on the cheek stations. Maybe all the resourses are still working on the Viper.

I would say ‘everyone but a weapons guy’ is working on the Viper. I too would like to know how much longer the Viper will be consuming Hornet resources. Given I haven’t bought the Viper, the money I gave ED for a feature complete Hornet is currently being used to build something I don’t own, so my patience is wearing thin. I think ED should provide a backstop date at which point no matter the status of the viper, Hornet devs all get moved back (if that hasn’t happened).

I would say ‘everyone but a weapons guy’ is working on the Viper. I too would like to know how much longer the Viper will be consuming Hornet resources. Given I haven’t bought the Viper, the money I gave ED for a feature complete Hornet is currently being used to build something I don’t own, so my patience is wearing thin. I think ED should provide a backstop date at which point no matter the status of the viper, Hornet devs all get moved back (if that hasn’t happened).

Sorry buddy, not today. In spring Hornet will be in 2 (two) years, and Im sure that it will be incomplete still. So EA > 2 years...no thanks, that was last for me.

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

When diD the hornet come out of early access? I wasn’t aware you were able to buy the feature complete Hornet yet? I was only aware of a early access model. Please provide a link to this feature complete version you speak of so that I can buy it.

When diD the hornet come out of early access? I wasn’t aware you were able to buy the feature complete Hornet yet? I was only aware of a early access model. Please provide a link to this feature complete version you speak of so that I can buy it.

You’re being obtuse. I gave ED money up front for a feature complete Hornet *in the future* - we all understand that. That that is being delayed as the devs who were working on the Hornet are working on the Viper is why my patience is wearing thin.

Edited by Arctander

i will stop responding to you after this as we are getting off topic, but suffice to say your threshold of what is an acceptable period of time for product delivery, and the scope tolerance you give ED is far different to mine. I shall say no more on the matter in this thread.

While I’m sure ED would like to update stable, I think doing so with the F16 so bare bones would be courageous, as I would expect that the users of open beta are self selecting and generally more willing to deal with... issues. I think ED probably know they’ll get a lot more push back if the F16 is in stable in this state. Shame for other modules needing developments since Sept 10th but has there been much?

• ED Team

Hi all

please keep this thread on topic

DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There won't be another Open Beta update this week that I am aware of.

Does that mean stable is finally getting some love?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• ED Team

Hi all

as mentioned above this thread is for discussing the patch notes, if you want to discuss bugs or features please make a new thread or find the ones already started on the subject.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Does that mean stable is finally getting some love?

Does it indeed???? ' bout time....

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• ED Team

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4105600&postcount=77

Small update today with some fixes

DCS World

• Distant sand storm effect will not overlap a smoke effect that is close to player.
  • Distant sand storm effect will not overlap a HUD glass.
  • HUD only view (LAlt+F1). Kneeboard is disabled by default.
  • Semi active missiles will not produced crash of game in some conditions.
  • FPS decreases significantly during server list refresh - fixed.

DCS C-101 by AvioDev

• Added Fuel Enrichment Button functionality.
  • Linked C-101EB idle click-spot to throttle model.
  • Normal brakes are lost now when hydraulic power is lost. Braking only available through parking brake.
  • Fuel enrichment will only work if engine computer is ON.
  • Added engine computer failure (manual mode).
  • Improved clock needles 3D model.
  • Throttle friction wheel can now be assigned to keyboard and joystick.
  • Removed throttle friction wheel from rear cockpit.

DCS Fw 190 A-8

• Added the ability to assign radiator open/close function to the keyboard

DCS F/A-18C Hornet

• Fixed skins: VFA-106 and VFA-106 high visibility.

DCS A-10A

• Kneeboard in HUD only view (LAlt+F1) will not overlap TV screen, moved to left side.

DCS Ka-50

• Shkval optics will not track targets that are obstructed by buildings.

DCS Spitfire IX

• Corrected engine sounds.

Campaigns

• UH-1H Worlds Apart - Spring 2025 Campaign by Low-Level-Heaven Mission Development. Updated missions 7, 8, 9.
  • The Museum Relic Campaign by Apache600. Updated MiG-15 and F-86F skins.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

thanks

Thanks! Nice to see that the sand storm effect got fixed :thumbup:

EDIT: I also noticed that the cockpit shadow bug got fixed (all cockpit elements produce shadows now). Good stuff! Please keep it that way :D

Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

thanks

Nice!! And on a Tuesday! Are Wednesday patches a thing of the past or is this to account for a off day that we are not aware of?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
Nice!! And on a Tuesday! Are Wednesday patches a thing of the past or is this to account for a off day that we are not aware of?

The team wanted to get this patch out ASAP as it contained some fixes for some crashes, so a bit of a tidy up patch in preparation for a stable update we are planning for Friday.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY