[MOD] More natural Cargo View

Holton181

For anyone experience the Cargo View as being unnatural I have made a small MOD to locate it slightly differently.

Instead of looking 80 degrees relative the nose making flying while having your head out the window a bitt disorientating, at least more than it has to be, I have turned the head at an angle of 10 degrees instead (0 degrees isn't natural either). The vertical angle and head position have also been modified.

You can of course edit the file yourself if you are not happy with the result.

I fly with TrackIR and adopted the file according to my own preferences. There is two versions, one for 1.5.7 and one for 2.5.1 OB (test both if you have other versions, the head is turning in the wrong direction if you use the wrong MOD). OvGME ready.

393486655_Screen_180506_191704small.thumb.jpg.843e5bc96872306dc8fe6c532cbd1541.jpg

The location isn't "perfect" by will. I want to move my own body and head slightly, it adds to the immersion.

Enjoy

/H

PS I've done the same for the Mi-8

Uh-1H adjusted CargoViewAdjustment 1.5.7.zip

Uh-1H adjusted CargoViewAdjustment 2.5.zip

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Awesome.

Lookin forward to testin it out.

Thanks.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Yup, Very nice!

BTW, it works for the Mi8 as well. (Of course, you need to add the Mi8 folder to the mod).

Also, the Cockpit Camera Move functions while in this view. Ex: sliding the camera left give you more underbelly view. Quickly done if u have this function mapped to a hat or use VoiceAttack.

Thanks again Holton181. Rep if in spirit only.

EDIT: OOPS! Didn't notice the Mi8 link in OP.

Edited by Chic

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Yup, Very nice!

BTW, it works for the Mi8 as well. (Of course, you need to add the Mi8 folder to the mod).

Thanks again Holton181.

My pleasure, happy you like it. But as you can see in my first post I linked to a Mi-8 version. It has three positions, one for the engineer back in the cargo compartment (not changed by me), and my Mi-8 version has a vertical angle of 75 while my Huey one has 65 for both pilots. But if you like the Huey numbers better for the Mi-8, just remember to have the engineer portion present.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

My pleasure, happy you like it. But as you can see in my first post I linked to a Mi-8 version. It has three positions, one for the engineer back in the cargo compartment (not changed by me), and my Mi-8 version has a vertical angle of 75 while my Huey one has 65 for both pilots. But if you like the Huey numbers better for the Mi-8, just remember to have the engineer portion present.

Ahh, sorry I missed that. Edited.

JUST CHOPPERS

a screenshot?

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

@ 57 feet above cargo with TrackIR.

CV1.thumb.jpg.4655827bb3118e2f658ad00e27038668.jpg

Edited by Chic

JUST CHOPPERS

wuao. nice ;)

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

• 1 month later...

Default Cargo Views aren't workin for me since today's update.

JUST CHOPPERS

Default Cargo Views aren't workin for me since today's update.
Still working for me, see my answer to your post in the Mi-8 forum.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...
Hi,

I need advise please, I still can't more move than is in the picture, thank you.

It looks like you are not using the "Cargo View" command [LAlt + LShift + Q]. I have it mapped to one of my buttons on my controller. It is only that view I have corrected (for both pilots).

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Yes I didn't use the Cargo View, thank you.

You write that you have to the function assigned to the button.

I can assign keyboard shortcut, but not the button, is there some sort of trick?

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Yes I didn't use the Cargo View, thank you.

You write that you have to the function assigned to the button.

I can assign keyboard shortcut, but not the button, is there some sort of trick?

Ah, sorry. I forgot about that small bug that never seems to be corrected. I have corrected it myself and you can download that mod here (post #28):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3530373

That mod also enables the cargo cam that is officially disabled.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Ah, sorry. I forgot about that small bug that never seems to be corrected. I have corrected it myself and you can download that mod here (post #28):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3530373

That mod also enables the cargo cam that is officially disabled.

I did manage to get it working and assign the three views.

- Natural Cargo View

- Camera External Cargo

- Indicator Cargo

I'm going to train and once again thank you.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.