WW2 carrier aircraft maybe?

:drunk: Big Thumbs up for The WW2 update to day! :drunk:

Indeed!

The announcement was made on 6th June (Normandy D-Day), which was most fitting.

And the devs indicated that there is more to come, which is excellent news.

But to return to the topic...

And what about IJN carriers? {...}

Is a IJN CV needed?

One option might be to have Japanese aircraft land-based (Pacific-Islands or Vietnam type of map) and have only the Allies operating off carriers.

With for example a Solomon Islands map there would be many possibilities to make missions without carriers on either side.

With carriers on both sides there would also be some great possibilities. Imagine a mission which spawns the carrier fleets of each side at a fairly random location, and each side would have to locate the enemy fleet to be able to launch an attack on it :pilotfly:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

What was wrong with IL2 1946??? Name another sim that gives you as much variety? I've been flying it since 2003 and Instill love it. Sure, the FM's aren't very accurate, and sure the graphics are dated, but for flying WWII era planes It's damn fun and you get your hands on a whole lot of iron that you'll probably never get to fly anywhere else......

Bearcat with Mustang click cockoit and Mustang FM? DCS

Bearcat with Bearcat cockpit and hotrod Bearcat FM? Il2

A-20 so only? DCS.....eventually

Playable A-20? IL2

Everything in Capt Orso's post above? Uh, IL2 lol

Don't banish liars and dreamers to the most prolific WWII flight "sim"!!!!

What was wrong with IL2 1946??? Name another sim that gives you as much variety? I've been flying it since 2003 and Instill love it. Sure, the FM's aren't very accurate, and sure the graphics are dated, but for flying WWII era planes It's damn fun and you get your hands on a whole lot of iron that you'll probably never get to fly anywhere else......

Why are you playing DCS than? DCS doesn't offer anywhere near the number of aircraft, maps, ships, etc. that IL-2 1946 does. So why are you here?

I don't want to play an arcade game. If I did, I'd be playing IL-2 or BOS and be very happy.

Bearcat with Mustang click cockoit and Mustang FM? DCS

Bearcat with Bearcat cockpit and hotrod Bearcat FM? Il2

A-20 so only? DCS.....eventually

Playable A-20? IL2

Everything in Capt Orso's post above? Uh, IL2 lol

Don't banish liars and dreamers to the most prolific WWII flight "sim"!!!!

Dude, put your beer down, I think you've had enough :huh:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Well, I'm sorry to disrupt some dreams but under a scenario called DCS:WWII EUROPE 1944-45 I doubt that there will be any carriers. They should finish what they intended and then maybe add another scenario.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

• 1 year later...
Here you go. http://leatherneck-sim.com/2019/12/22/christmas-update/

You really need to get out more son. :megalol:

Hunter Joker, my apologies for that smart assed comment. It now occurs to me that you were probably asking for where you could find those mods for the WWII carriers and planes. I have no clue else I would post a link. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]