F/A-18C Aggressors BFM campaign waypoints and moving map broken after last update.

Arbil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After all this time.. why?

Well, here I am 1st of Feb 2020 revisiting this Campaign and the HSI & WP designation is still broken. What more can I say.. other than I'm pretty disappointed, a little p%$#!d off and just wondering why after all this time, it's not fixed?.

Please ED address this issue once and for all.

Update: Am actually now in the first of the BFM Aggressors "Practice" missions which is an Air Start and surprisingly everything works beautifully.. moving Map, dist to WP, HSI all perfect.

Anyway, I feel much better now, just saying lol

:)

Edited by GazAce

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Well, here I am 1st of Feb 2020 revisiting this Campaign and the HSI & WP designation is still broken. What more can I say.. other than I'm pretty disappointed, a little p%$#!d off and just wondering why after all this time, it's not fixed?.

Please ED address this issue once and for all.

Update: Am actually now in the first of the BFM Aggressors "Practice" missions which is an Air Start and surprisingly everything works beautifully.. moving Map, dist to WP, HSI all perfect.

Anyway, I feel much better now, just saying lol

:)

The matter has been addressed. You need to perform a few steps to get it accomplished. It has been mentioned in the thread already, and is also included in the campaign documentation.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 2 months later...
I had this issue too, I was able to fix it pretty easily by updating the NAV system after the normal cold start procedure. First you need to make sure your TACAN is turned on and is tuned to a channel, for example Nellis is at 12X. Next on the HSI select UPDT, then choose TCN, and then ACPT. From there everything works as usual.

Don't know how you got to that solution, but you did it. Flew that bloody mission six times, and every time, past wpt 3, navigation just quit. You fix worked. Thanks for sharing.

Weeeeell I did lose some TCNs along the way and had to re tune to different ones (Creech, Boulder City, plus a couple of others). No big deal, but it's annoying and if this goes on while "aggressing" others it quickly becomes a burden you don't want to have.

Just saying.

• 4 weeks later...

@Sabre-TLA

I must say, the missions are a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. There are sometimes little oddities, e.g. my wingman likes to fly into me during approach into Nellis, or strangely enough the F4 is harder for me to defeat than an F16 (??) but beyond that the campaign is fun and also quite immersive. The radio chat is quite cool too.

It also helped me a lot with air-to-air refuelling. I practically never manage to complete a mission without refuelling. That forces me to get to the tanker in the middle of the adrenaline rush :) and that was annoying at first, but in the meantime it has become daily business and has taken away my fear of refuelling.

As I often arrived at the tanker with the last bit of fuel, I was also forced to learn how to refuel while turning (not enough time to wait for the tanker to fly level again).

Best regards

Jörg

• 1 month later...

Hi, I recently got these missions, probably they are a bit beyond my familiarity level with the Hornet systems etc currently, but I am keen to try.

A couple of points Sabre - firstly, it seems there is not enough time to complete a proper ramp start at the beginning, especially if you do it by the book...can this be altered easily?

Secondly, the learning curve for proper departure technique, including navigating the taxiways etc to take off seems very intimidating....is there any tips to familiarizing yourself with these before you are under the enormous pressure of getting everywhere on time and in the right sequence? I can see myself spending most of the time on active pause while I desperately try to work out where I need to be next and how to get there......

Thanks!

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

You don't have to rush, the AI takeoff on script and will despawn and respawn when you are at certain positions along the flight path.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 4 weeks later...

F/A-18C Aggressors BFM campaign

Hi all,

Sorry for use this post but better than open a new one. just a quick question.

Is anyone using VAICOM with the campaign?.

I tried but I can't make it work.

May I say that VAICOM works with other missions single and multiplayer, but with this campaign nop, anyone knows something about.

thanks again.

• 6 months later...

Maybe it's just me but I'm at 10nm N of Rachel and cannot call up an opponent.  I can hear coms but get no reply.  I must be missing something.  I call "Ready" but my Voice Attack hears read me.  But that isn't even required is it?  Basically all I've done for a day and a half is, well nothing.  I'm tuned to 251.000 but no joy.  Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?  Also is this just a get behind the guy and shoot him?  I was expecting some actual instruction in BFM.  Is that part of the campaign?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...