DCS A/G radar mode - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-12-2019, 05:28 AM   #11
AeriaGloria

Shouldn’t the JF-17 have SAR? I thought I had heard that while we will have RBM GMTI and SEA 1/2(as seen in the video), they would have to wait for ED API to introduce DBS and SAR. Do I remember right koaqumba?
AeriaGloria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:10 PM   #12
kaoqumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeriaGloria View Post
Shouldn’t the JF-17 have SAR? I thought I had heard that while we will have RBM GMTI and SEA 1/2(as seen in the video), they would have to wait for ED API to introduce DBS and SAR. Do I remember right koaqumba?
Unfortunately, in the real world, China provides jf17's klj7 radar with a very high precision SAR (expected to reach 2ft)! This is far more than the coming SAR of F / A18 and F15E! But Pakistan is short of money, and their jf17 has removed this function. So, there is no SAR. Only dbs2, 32:1 magnification is of little significance
kaoqumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:40 AM   #13
AeriaGloria

I see. I thought I had heard of someone opting out of SAR. Thank you!
AeriaGloria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:12 PM   #14
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoqumba View Post
Unfortunately, in the real world, China provides jf17's klj7 radar with a very high precision SAR (expected to reach 2ft)! This is far more than the coming SAR of F / A18 and F15E! But Pakistan is short of money, and their jf17 has removed this function. So, there is no SAR. Only dbs2, 32:1 magnification is of little significance
Makes me wonder, does that work just like anything else bought from China? '2000mAh battery' or '120lm flashlight' or...
Kang is offline   Reply With Quote