DCS FC3 Questions & Answers Thread

Milene

• 4 weeks later...
I am thinking about FC3 and I have a question. Can FC3 stand alone like FC2 does? Or do the various FC3 aircraft have to be run from within DCS World?

Thanks, Jim

It have to be run in DCS World, but DCS World is free.

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

What happens if I already have DCS World plus modules installed and want to install Lock On and Flaming Cliffs 2 and 3 on top? Does that work?

Lockon would be installed as standalone

Flaming Cliffs 2 would be installed as standalone

Flaming Cliffs 3 would be installed as module to DCS World

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Do ground-based early warning radars work? I've been playing with them in the mission editor, and I can't even get them to emit, much less show contacts on the HDDs in the Russian planes. I have both of them in a group with a command post and a generator truck, and I even went so far as to set a mission start trigger to turn on unit AI and emissions.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

I am trying to fly a simple FC3 F-15C mission in DCS World. The HUD display is so small that I am having a lot of trouble seeing the words. I have tried different resolutions in Options>System, but the HUD display stays very small in size.

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

You can zoom in. I can't remember the key combination, but you can check it yourself.

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

Part of the problem with the zoom level is the fact the game automatically zooms all the way out when you get into the jet. The default zoom keys are the / * keys on the num pad, the numpad enter key sets the zoom to the normal default. Hud visibility issues due to the sun are usually do to HDR being on in the graphics options. If you turn that off, its much easier to see.

Hud visibility issues due to the sun are usually do to HDR being on in the graphics options. If you turn that off, its much easier to see.

When I have HDR off, it still gets washed out for me... and the MFD in the flanker aswell gets washed out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys.Think im doin something wrong with the F15.

when at 100%rpm/thrust (no afterburner) climbing a 5000ft per min Its loosing airspeed.Its climbing like a c172.No power

The sound is there and the gauges are ok but its just gutless.

You're climbing at the wrong airspeed. Why are you trying to climb at 5000fpm when you don't have the power to?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Three Su-33 questions:

1. In refueling mode, the Su-33 HUD shows my speed in IAS and the target speed (i.e. tanker speed) in TAS. Is this intentional?

2. In a multiplayer mission, I have two client Su-33s set to takeoff from runway on Kuznetsov. They either spawn on top of each other (when I shut my engines down, and therefore left 'launch position'), or won't spawn at the same time (if I'm in 'launch position'). Is there any way to start two client aircraft on the carrier at the same time?

3. When landing and taking off again, is it necessary to press 'U' to get into launch position/raise the jet blast deflector?

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

1. That must be a new bug, because the speeds used to match. Are you sure about that ? I will make some tests.

2. Yeah, that is a new feature, the game waits for the first aircraft to take-off before allowing the second one to spawn. If you manage to make the 2nd aircraft appear by shutting down your engines, you may want to do that after having cleared the launching position (ie. move from the launching position to somewhere else on the deck, then shut your engines).

3. "U" is AFAIK the only way to "really" get into launch position, but you don't really need it. Move into position, squeeze the brakes and let them go when you reach afterburner and you'll be good. Especially useful if you're using a launch position other thant the default one.

Im sure everyone is sick of this question, and similar, but, I really want to get FC3. I do not have LOMAC or FC2, but i have DCS world with A10 and P51. Can I get FC3 to work if DCS world is installed? I dont want to have to purchase a game, just so i can purchase another game...

Cheers.

The "Problem" are the Licence Issues wit UBISOFT who published Lock on back in the Days..so..yes you have to install Lock on. No Way around that..or you wait for the single DCS FC3 Aircraft Modules (already done SU-25A and A-10A)

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..