Why can't the SH342L launch rockets?

this in the Chuck's Guides –manual said :

If both right and left pylon switches are armed simultaneously, the guns will

take precedence (meaning that the FIRE GUNS button will fire guns only)

but I find Even if I switch close the right pylon, only switch open the left pylon, still only can fire the cannon gun . Can not launch rockets ,why?

If you can still fire the cannon, you haven't switched it off.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Just to be clear: don't only close the red cover, this does not switch off the right pylon. Notice the green lights beneath the pylon switches - if both pylons are switched on only the right light is on in the L-version - if you close the right cover the right light still is on - only if you flip the right switch to off does the right light go out and the left one lights up. Then you can fire rockets.

Edited by ams999

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Can not launch rockets ,why?

Although your question has already been answered, I'll add a explanatory picture to the thread.

You need to turn off the gun (right) pylon as otherwise it takes priority, IIRC I use custom keybinds to make pylon selection easier.

attachment.php?attachmentid=183559&stc=1&d=1525020879

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3469195#post3469195

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Finally, can launch the rocket. You can't open two covers at the same time and then close one of them. Otherwise, you may not be able to launch the rocket. If you turn it on off one by one, it will be normal.

Edited by huchanronaa

I am currently learning how to enter the hover to launch a missile, which is a bit difficult.The success rate is not high

But the other three helicopters of Dcs seem to be more complicated than the sa342, making operation more difficult.

Edited by huchanronaa

On the right side, you have a rotatory, on the last position it will tell you your drift lateral and frontal, using this and your vertical speed indicator you can now try to hover when you have almost all on 0

Chinook lover - Rober -

I am currently learning how to enter the hover to launch a missile, which is a bit difficult.The success rate is not high

Going a bit off topic here... :-\

On the right side, you have a rotatory, on the last position it will tell you your drift lateral and frontal, using this and your vertical speed indicator you can now try to hover when you have almost all on 0

^ This

If you are having trouble finding it, it is this one...

attachment.php?attachmentid=210099&d=1557682587

Set it "DOP" (Doppler) and then when approaching the hover, you are aiming to get it lined up on centre.

There is a good video explaining it here:

Another thing that I found helped me, was reducing the Y-saturation on the cyclic axes. I have a "desktop" joystick, and the SA342 defaults are set-up assuming a full-length cyclic. Take a look at this video:

(that one video changed my opinion of DCS helicopters from hate-and-loathing to joyful-admiration).