FPS drop when gunfire is visible

Mozart

Hi.

I get an extreme FPS drop when I'm in Multiplayer and I see bullets (Tracers) being fired from and on other airplanes. It is extremely evident because I use the Oculus to play and head movement is smooth unless I can see bullets. Bullets fired on my plane that pass my cockpit don't have that effect.

Does somebody have an explanation or solution for that?

Thank you.

Mozart.

The problem has existed for years, AFAIK.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi.

I get an extreme FPS drop when I'm in Multiplayer and I see bullets (Tracers) being fired from and on other airplanes. It is extremely evident because I use the Oculus to play and head movement is smooth unless I can see bullets. Bullets fired on my plane that pass my cockpit don't have that effect.

Does somebody have an explanation or solution for that?

Thank you.

Mozart.

How on earth do you see bullets in a DK2? I cant see other planes until I'm right on top of them!

As to the fps drop AFAIK there is no real fix but people hope DCS 2.0 will fix the issue