Eagle Dynamic most need add this to the game

Alf.Snake

If I understand it right. In MS 2020 you need a fast internet connection because you're downloading the terrain as you play.

Yes - you do, but that's not the blocker. The Blocker is finding the funds to;

a) Buy Bing Mapping data.

b) Use Azure AI to map and allocate features to terrain types

c) Convert the result into a mesh and texture with objects that could be used in the DCS engine.

This is an incredibly simplified set of steps and is only possible as MS are using it as a case study in how to use Azure AI as a selling point for industry - so they are throwing HUGE money at it... something ED just can't do.

So forget it. (Sadly)

If I understand it right. In MS 2020 you need a fast internet connection because you're downloading the terrain as you play.

You can choose to download a certain portion of the map and then only fly around there offline, IIRC.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Before going to that, I'd like to see better damage modelling, better route following AI, better ground / SAM AI, better airborne AI teamwork, proper GCI for RedFor aircraft, proper datalinking for RedFor aircraft, the dynamic weather system updated to a decent GUI, the dynamic campaign system rolled out, the ability to have damage to infrastructure persist between campaign missions, the thing where labels show through the floor fixed.

& once they've got those sorted (lots of which they're working on - credit where credit's due), maybe a discussion could happen around whether RL weather is a good idea (me - I vote no. No interest in starting a mission only to discover that today's weather means the mission is unflyable.)

Cheers.

BAH NOOOOOOOOO !!! We don't need microsoft's nose in everything :puke::puke::puke::puke:

Isn't the whole point of DCS uniqueness the non-procedural maps, that's the biggest freaking advantage !!!!

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

IF(when) DCS is going to implement a "Globe rendering", then similar thing is just required. We would already benefit a lot from OpenStreetMap project information about streets, buildings etc.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/44.1562/39.1810&layers=C

Meaning what? Generate the random buildings to those locations, at matching sizes etc.

But the main data that takes lots of storage space is still the textures. And I wish that ED will implement a random generator for ground textures and ground elements like bushes, rocks, tiny trees, various grass areas etc. So that they can generate wide areas with random data that then gets shown to everyone same way. This would make the "empty fields" far nicer to watch and fly as there would be far wider variety of the colors and ground clutter that is filling the places. Like have a 30-40 different rocks and rock formations, have a 4-5 different tree heights in smaller sizes, bushes and then more texture variation from mud to rocks etc.

All that just on the datamap instead satellite imagery etc that takes terabytes of data.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

google are doing the same thing with google earth VR.

software that turns 2d satellite images into a 3d world you can move around. on the fly..

I often move around in that making airplane and helicopter noises :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I’ve just looked into it and you’re right Wags did say ‘At some point in the future’.

But there are technical limitations on map size.

It’s not something that will be inside a timeframe measured in years by the sound of it and knowing ED, and I don’t think that it should be anywhere near the list of things they should be working on.

I’ve just looked into it and you’re right Wags did say ‘At some point in the future’.

It’s not something that will be inside a timeframe measured in years by the sound of it and knowing ED, and I don’t think that it should be anywhere near the list of things they should be working on.

The same conclution with a Dinamic Campaign and other features, only a matter of time.

The best thing in DCS is not to fly over beautiful panoramas. I'll play MSFS2020 if that's what I want. The best thing in DCS is THE FLIGHT MODEL. And I'm sure FS2020 nor FS2030 will have DCS modules flight model, since this is THE THING in which ED excels. If one day we'll have a beautiful whole world in DCS I'll be fine with it, but I would not trade it with the flight model.

• ED Team

Working on anything right now, such as graphics optimizations, and improvements to the core, you absolutely should be looking at where you see the game in the future.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
new technologi to the game AZURE CLOUD TO GENERATE NEW DATA, and ADD GROUND DETAIL, is posible play the game like this????

ED builds and maintains its own graphic engine and core game. While advancements in other sims and games might be a great motivating factor, most of those other games and sims might not have the same goals and preferred features that we do for our sim.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I certainly wouldn't mind a whole earth approach to DCS. And as much as I hate to say it, another graphics engine redo is also good news. DCS 2.X never really reached its lofty goals imo, and I get the feeling the many lingering graphical issues aren't being actively worked on any more.

At the same time, I also have a healthy skepticism of how good MSFS2020 will actually look. Mid and high alt will look amazing, yes (as it does in DCS too for the most part), but it looks like MS are taking a similar approach to how Google Earth generates its 3D scenery, which absolutely falls apart below a few hundred feet. Notice that there isn't any low-and-slow footage in any of the released videos, and you can still see that trees and buildings look kind of 'melty' and Picasso-like in some of the closer stuff. Add to that the lack of VR support (which is insane! ("maybe" in the future, they say)) and unfortunately FS2020 is already a hard pass for me. That said, I'm happy to see them back in the game, being my primary sim for the first ~20 years of my flight sim life (FS2 back in'83 was my first).

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

I still see MS as a good thing for flight sim's and there huge budget to bring in more. I also do fly those other sim's from to time.

But at some point how many will be looking for more? Yes great graphics and you can see your house, fly VFR, SIDs and STARs.

But after all that....Hay, some love it, not for me and many others.

I don't mine the maps we have now, you can build some nice strategic missions and do a lot more dynamic things with moose. ED's main point is Fm's, systems and somewhere to use those systems. Plus all the ai, damage and ballistic modelling etc etc. This is what ED should be doing first, that's the niche their in, so many will come over if flying a bus or just doing VFR is not for them.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Add to that the lack of VR support (which is insane! ("maybe" in the future, they say)) and unfortunately FS2020 is already a hard pass for me.

No VR in 2020?!? :cry: Then no flight sim for me.

ED's main point is Fm's, systems and somewhere to use those systems. Plus all the ai, damage and ballistic modelling etc etc. This is what ED should be doing first

Totally agree.

Working on anything right now, such as graphics optimizations, and improvements to the core, you absolutely should be looking at where you see the game in the future.

Just to clarify. The idea that Ed should be actively working on ‘as most needed’ (as in OP) replicating the kind of approach ms are taking for DCS is what I am saying should not be happening as there are a huge amount of more important issues with the sim as opposed to the ability to fly ‘anywhere’ and see realistically generated ground.

Some light r and d as part of a ‘is it even feasible in 5/10 years’ - maybe. But I think it would be better for ED to categorically say ‘no’ to things instead of ‘we’ll look at it’, especially where it is something extremely complex, likely to be a long term effort, require significant changes to the core and or have a lot of prerequisites that need to be put in place first.

Edited by Arctander

Altough the "tech" aspect of siming is important, I really really need a "dreaming"/"storying" part, and being able to create missions almost anywhere on the globe would be....such wonderful!! Vietnam? Yes. M2000 in Congo? Instantly. CAP over your own house? Of course. DCS tech + photogrammetry world wire map...

• ED Team
Just to clarify. The idea that Ed should be actively working on ‘as most needed’ (as in OP) replicating the kind of approach ms are taking for DCS is what I am saying should not be happening as there are a huge amount of more important issues with the sim as opposed to the ability to fly ‘anywhere’ and see realistically generated ground.

Some light r and d as part of a ‘is it even feasible in 5/10 years’ - maybe. But I think it would be better for ED to categorically say ‘no’ to things instead of ‘we’ll look at it’, especially where it is something extremely complex, likely to be a long term effort, require significant changes to the core and or have a lot of prerequisites that need to be put in place first.

No, I agree, working on what MS is wouldn't be the right direction, we have different goals and gameplay needs so no, in most cases, we shouldn't be doing anything anyone else is. That said, there are many overlaps and things that should inspire us, the clouds and weather are one thing for sure. But again, they need to work for what we are doing, and that isnt pleasure or commercial flights, although I would love to do a strafing run on a virtual representation of some friend's houses.

64Sig.png