DCS 2.5 Caucasus Adding Trees and other Objects to the mission Editor

Ghostrida9

I try to make this shoort, I love DCS 2.5.. the landscape and detail is a game changer in my opinion. It brought me back to the Sim.

I always enjoyed to add Objects to the Mission editor. If I create a Mods/Tech folder and put some Objects like ships in, they don't show up in my mission editor, also it seems like that tree EDM files don't exist anymore, it seems like the Trees are *.sb files/*dds files and all packed in zip files. Also there's a folder called Caucasus/SurfaceDetails. Any chance to add those Trees to the Mission editor, I miss adding some Forrest and different tree formations to the Mission. Before Caucasus 2.5 it was possible..:helpsmilie:

Thank you

• Like 1
If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

+1 would be great to see and would add more to DCS being a true sandbox simulator, which is what it's advertised as being.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Yes, I think what would be the best solution is to add trees as assets that the mission editor can use as static objects (that aren't tied to a coalition). Though the same thing is available for mods.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Thanks Neil,

yes I figured that we got SpeedTree, on my seettings Trees look better but as I figured they don't seem to be edm files anymore.

Saved Games/Mods/tech that does the trick.. nice, one step closer.

Lets think about the Speed trees, worst case is that I can add some trees from the older dcs Version (edm files).

but who can give us some infos if we can somehow "grap" the speed trees as files that can be used like edm files.. all i want is to add them to the mission editor.

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

• 7 months later...

what about Destructible trees? Why can I destroy an entire building but a small fir tree laughs off my Mav, Vikhr, etc.

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50