Syrian Terrain Assets Pack

Infiltrator

Being an immersion freak I was wondering what with the planned release of the Syrian terrain whether ED plans to release an assets pack based on the Syrian conflict. I'd really like to see an assets pack released featuring all the factions that have been fighting in Syria. It could make some really immersive missions. Also, it would be great to have some foot soldiers/rebels/insurgents/terrorist. I think this kind of package would sell like hot cakes.

Corsair 500D SE|Corsair AX1600i|Windows 11 Pro 64Bit|Intel i9-12900K 3.2Ghz@stock|Gigabyte Master Z690|Corsair H150i Elite Capellix|Gigabyte Vision RTX 3090| 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR5 5600Mhz|Alienware 34 AW3418W Display|Track IR 4 Pro|Logitech 7.1 G930|Samsung Evo 970 NVMe TB SSD|Slaw RX Viper Pedals|Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| F/A18-C Grip|HP Reverb 2|Logitech Lightspeed 502|Logitech Z906 5.1

• 2 weeks later...
Being an immersion freak I was wondering what with the planned release of the Syrian terrain whether ED plans to release an assets pack based on the Syrian conflict. I'd really like to see an assets pack released featuring all the factions that have been fighting in Syria. It could make some really immersive missions. Also, it would be great to have some foot soldiers/rebels/insurgents/terrorist. I think this kind of package would sell like hot cakes.

I can't think of anything that would make an asset pack worth selling.

We already have insurgents, while we do need more infantry weapons in general, the only thing I really see missing for the insurgents are technicals, suicide, and car bombs.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254193 they are adding technicals and it looks like they will be a regular asset.

Very good question.

My guess is they won't since they delivered a Persian Gulf Map without functional ships and nobody seems to care.

Yep :(

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Do you have any source for this other than Silver_Dragon's words? I feel a lot of respect for him and his work keeping the Unofficial Roadmap, but would love to know if there is something official.

from russian forum by Chizh, no dates.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3716517&postcount=16520

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3716517#post3716517

Edited by Silver_Dragon