Modern eastern planes please

rahimystrio

That was me.

My memory is that there were howls of outrage at the time - about the FCS, about the trimming laws, about how easy it was so put into an inverted flat spin, and how hard it was to get out of an inverted flat spin, turning performance, blah, blah).

In fairness, the model has changed since release. The FCS initially allowed for wild oscillations and would make it very easy to break the plane. I think that was a legitimate complaint.

Performance of a module comes up pretty much anytime one is release, rightly or wrongly. The Eagle and Flanker both had the ability to pull absurd g loads early on. The F-14 was initially horribly draggy. The M2000's flight model was redone. I don't think a Russian module would be all that unique in this regard.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This-is-the-xth-time-we-have-created-this-thread-And-we-have-become-exceedingly-efficient-at-it.jpg

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

They talk about not being profitable but the reality is there are ways to start making some inroads to pull in at least a minor profit with DCS.

Where do they talk about not being profitable ?

They've said they didn't think a Russian module would make as much money as a Western one, but I don't remember them ever saying they weren't breaking even.

Cheers.

About the profitability, keep in mind that an effort to do a Fulcrum A or C would be much much smaller the Hornet or Viper, since it doesn't have an unlimited number of MFD pages etc.... Flight model, and 3d models are there, radio will be implemented with VoIP... so just FF radar/HUD/Nav system is needed....

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

About the profitability, keep in mind that an effort to do a Fulcrum A or C would be much much smaller the Hornet or Viper, since it doesn't have an unlimited number of MFD pages etc.... Flight model, and 3d models are there, radio will be implemented with VoIP... so just FF radar/HUD/Nav system is needed....

Yes but people asked this question many times and Matt Wagner's reply was something like: we as ED can't model it but 3rd parties are free to model it.

The problem is there are practically only four 3rd parties able to model i.e. MiG-29.

Heatblur is finishing the Tomcat and they are already started modeling another unrevealed jet.

Razbam is finishin Mirage, Harrier and MiG-19 and they already started modeling MiG-23 and F-15E.

Magnitude is finishing/updating MiG-21, next they are busy modeling F-8.

So who is meant to model i.e. MiG-29? Deka Ironworks?

And add to them with a 3rd party will start a module from scratch.

It would be breaking an open door. Maybe they could buy the existing model from ED.

BTW. I was always interested if making full fidelity planes out of FC planes like i.e. F-15C by ED is "no no" from the business or other point of view or it's possible in the future?

cheers

Yes but probably low fidelity to keep the complication low for the new people. That's the purpose of MAC if I understand well.

On the other hand they may upgrade their cockpits for the new game to do better impression.

And if ED would have PFM, external model and new cockpit it would be a sin not to make a full fidelity model. Nah, it would still require some solid work.

Even if ED were to suddenly decide to do even a low fidelity FC3 style modern redfor aircraft, it would still end up on a list behind a lot of stuff they are currently working on. It would be a long time before they could even get around to it.

They have made it clear that they are not in a position where they want to do a modern redfor (especially Russian) aircraft. They didn't rule it out for third parties but any forum thread asking ED to do it is not really going to change anything regardless of how much "easier" some might think they would be to make or how profitable some might think it would be for ED to do so.

This is the kind of thing that really should be directed towards third parties and even then, you are still asking for a aircraft that will get put on a list of already planned or active development projects.