Radar or EO on SU33

zeitgeist

Hi,

I've been having the following problem more often whenthere's a mission where I can't see the enemies on the map (Multiplayer, for example). But it already happened other times in offline created missions.

As you can see on the screens below, the radar screen below indicates a threat that is getting closer. That is also indicated by AWACS. But no matter the setting on the hud I can't make the radar see the target, let alone lock into it.

I had targets coming head on from over 100km down to less than 10km and the radar can't see it anywhere.

I tried moving the antena to the sides, a notch, two or three up or down, changing the pulse emission, changing from Single target to TWS, changing from radar to EO, I just can't see any indication of a threat on the hud.

I had situations where a bandit was hot 10 km away directly in front of me and on the same altitude (as mentioned by AWACS as he was getting closer)and was moving all the way down to less than 4 km, only when I visually spoted him and changed to vertical scan or helmet scan I was able to lock onto him. there wasn't any jamming in these situations.

It is more common for me to spot friendlys (two rows of dashes) but it is getting more and more rare to be able to see any bogey.

What am I doing wrong?

A0Bdcq5.jpg

IRb0Hqt.jpg

rFOHjYi.jpg

Edited by zeitgeist

Your pics don't tell us much about the situation. We don't know the bandit's altitude from those pic. The AWACS call in the first pic doesn't seem to be for you neither.

Do you maybe have some track/video of it?

A wild guess would be some miss-management of the radar antenna elevation.

Your pics don't tell us much about the situation. We don't know the bandit's altitude from those pic. The AWACS call in the first pic doesn't seem to be for you neither.

Do you maybe have some track/video of it?

A wild guess would be some miss-management of the radar antenna elevation.

Yes, the AWACS in that picture was not for me. I only remember to take picutres at the last run I did last night. In this specific case was a mission I created just to test what was going on and after running it 3 times with the same results I gave up.

The threat was at about the same altitude. Awacs was calling it at 4000.

I don't have a track file but might have a tacview. I will look and will try to run the mission again and record a track.