Gets stuck in grass.

VampireNZ

Land helicopter on the grass....can't take off again. Seriously guys?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've just been doing exactly that, with no problems.

You need to be more specific.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

I gently land helicopter on grass - then apply full collective, and go nowhere.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Ensure you are not using any unofficial mods and run a cleanup and repair

Then please post a track showing the problem, it will help the dev team

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I gently land helicopter on grass - then apply full collective, and go nowhere.

You need about 60% collective, to get a fully loaded Gazelle off the deck.

I certainly wouldn't be using full collective, which would only kill the engine.

Check your bindings. Make sure it's not centred.

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

You need about 60% collective, to get a fully loaded Gazelle off the deck.

I certainly wouldn't be using full collective, which would only kill the engine.

Check your bindings. Make sure it's not centred.

Yes - I am aware of that.....if you think about it, I had to takeoff in the helicopter to be able to land it somewhere else ;)

I implied I can slowly increase collective to maxmimum position, but still stuck in the mud. Happened multiple times, but I have also just landed and taken off from grass just fine - so maybe it was just a few strange places... I right beside a road on one attempt.

But hey - no track, it didn't happen apparently. Clearly I have no idea what I am saying and need to prove it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... Clearly I have no idea what I am saying and need to prove it.

Well, are you ranting or reporting a bug? It is not proof whats needed, its clues for the developer to reproduce the bug.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

You need to save a track file, in the debrief screen, then upload it, for somebody to analyze it, when reporting a possible bug of this nature.

Edited by Holbeach

I've just done some testing for you and you can certainly land on grass and take off again.

Attached is a track where I do exactly that.

I start at an airbase in a fully-loaded Gazelle, fly out to the nearby field, land (rather heavily *blush*), take off again, and fly back to the base.

So it definitely works.

As other have suggested, please post a track so we can take a look and help you out. Sometimes there will be something not set in the cockpit, or you are landing too hard, or maybe you are new to helicopters and need some tips. Alternatively, maybe you have found some specific terrain or conditions or circumstances where it really does get stuck. In which case, if we can replicate the problem it will help get it fixed much sooner. Thanks! :)

grasslanding.trk

We haven't been able to replicate this issue either. I believe you when you say it happened. There has been a short period where all helicopters would get stuck on ships for example as well until the DCS core was updated. If you can be a bit more specific we can see if the problem can be replicated and fixed.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We haven't been able to replicate this issue either. I believe you when you say it happened. There has been a short period where all helicopters would get stuck on ships for example as well until the DCS core was updated. If you can be a bit more specific we can see if the problem can be replicated and fixed.

If it is just isolated incidents then that is fine - bit of a pain as you need to quit out to menu and start again thou. Just flying the Gazelle for the first time last night and it happened on two separate occasions which prompted me to mention it. But yes I have also landed and lifted off again from grass just fine on other occasions.

In lieu of a track, I will paint a visual word picture of what happened - slow to a 3-5' hover, descend slowly to grass and land, lower collective fully, raise collective - no liftoff, raise collective more, no liftoff, raise collective fully, no liftoff. Not too hard to visualise, but if it happens again I will try to get a trk file. I am not sure what specifics you need - the helicopter was sitting on grass and was unable to lift off.

We can also dispense with the standard 'its your fault, you crashed etc etc', I can fly a helicopter.

It was very similar to dropping a wheel off the taxiway in the Mirage and then requiring full AB to get rolling again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it is just isolated incidents then that is fine - bit of a pain as you need to quit out to menu and start again thou. Just flying the Gazelle for the first time last night and it happened on two separate occasions which prompted me to mention it. But yes I have also landed and lifted off again from grass just fine on other occasions.

In lieu of a track, I will paint a visual word picture of what happened - slow to a 3-5' hover, descend slowly to grass and land, lower collective fully, raise collective - no liftoff, raise collective more, no liftoff, raise collective fully, no liftoff. Not too hard to visualise, but if it happens again I will try to get a trk file. I am not sure what specifics you need - the helicopter was sitting on grass and was unable to lift off.

We can also dispense with the standard 'its your fault, you crashed etc etc', I can fly a helicopter.

It was very similar to dropping a wheel off the taxiway in the Mirage and then requiring full AB to get rolling again.

Nobody is saying that we don't believe you, we asked for it because nobody can replicate it, even with the conditions given by yourself. So, the only way to see what's happening is giving a track to see it and try to guess what's happening. With no track, if it's impossible to replicate, we can't do anything. I tried in 10 different spots 8 in Caucasus and 2 in PG, could replicate.

Chinook lover - Rober -

The only way I could get a, full collective no lift off, was to tilt fwd 20 deg first. This would cause internal damge and no lift off.

Assuming this doesn't occur for the OP, then for me, 2 hrs of landing/TO practice, produced no problems.

The only way I could get a, full collective no lift off, was to tilt fwd 20 deg first. This would cause internal damge and no lift off.

Assuming this doesn't occur for the OP, then for me, 2 hrs of landing/TO practice, produced no problems.

Yeah - I have literally have no idea why it happened but it did happen on several seperate occasions. Just been for another fly and tried a few landings and they were fine. Even tried one skid on tarmac, other on grass and still good. :dunno:

If it happens again I will def get a track file - just so long as it is not a usual thing then no problems! As you can imagine when it did happed I was like WTF! lol.

Also improvements in the GE topic, I updated that also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah - I have literally have no idea why it happened but it did happen on several seperate occasions. Just been for another fly and tried a few landings and they were fine. Even tried one skid on tarmac, other on grass and still good. :dunno:

If it happens again I will def get a track file - just so long as it is not a usual thing then no problems! As you can imagine when it did happed I was like WTF! lol.

Also improvements in the GE topic, I updated that also.

Nice to hear that, hope you enjoy the gazelle. Have fun and remember to save the track if happens again.

Chinook lover - Rober -