WIP KC-135 MPRS - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-31-2019, 07:44 AM   #51
viper2097

It makes absolute sense that the first gets served right side.

As said, as most flights contain of two aircrafts, it prevents to cross the line with an refueling aircraft.
And if there are more then two aircrafts, both should be finished simultaneously, so that the next also dont need to cross.

Also, as far as I know, "pre contact" will be done while in echelon left. When you get the cleared contact from the tanker, you are moving behind and he deploys the drogue. But beside the lighting and right before left, this is a minor issue.
System: i7-4790K@4.5GHz, 32GB Ram, Strix 1080 8GB, M.2 SSD, Win10Pro, 27" 1080p curved S27D590
Equipment: TrackIR 5 w/ Trackclip Pro, TM T16000 HOTAS, TFRP pedals
viper2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:18 PM   #52
jojo
Veteran

Thank you Viper2097, this is interesting
Old 02-13-2019, 02:45 PM   #53
Lordzarj

After today's OB patch the KC-135 MPRS has both drogues streaming before you declare "ready pre-contact". This is more realistic from what I read around the forum.

After clearing contact I couldn't make contact with the right drogue (probe went straight through it), so I guess you will still need to be a multiplayer 2-ship to use the right drogue.

It would be nice to use the right side occasionally when flying solo but I guess the tanker logic is controlled by ED rather than RAZBAM.
Lordzarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:23 PM   #54
Doum76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordzarj View Post
After today's OB patch the KC-135 MPRS has both drogues streaming before you declare "ready pre-contact". This is more realistic from what I read around the forum.

After clearing contact I couldn't make contact with the right drogue (probe went straight through it), so I guess you will still need to be a multiplayer 2-ship to use the right drogue.

It would be nice to use the right side occasionally when flying solo but I guess the tanker logic is controlled by ED rather than RAZBAM.

Good to know, so now it'll be more of a pain to refuel in turn formation while trying to press the radio menus in VR without moving too much out of the pre-contact area to extend the drogue ending up redoing the radio menu options a few times Or like the other night in MP i was trying to pre-contact on right drogue and it never came out, never realised the guy on left drogue had aborted refueling as he was still flying there, so all that time i was looking in front on right drogue, the AI was thinking i was on left drogue :S
Doum76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:30 PM   #55
davidp57

Quote:

Yeah, from some books I read it seems that the pilots would approach the basket at 3-5 ft and then declare "ready pre contact"
Old 02-13-2019, 06:09 PM   #56
jojo
Veteran

Quote:

Yes, that's ED logic about air refueling.
If you're alone, left basket.
If you request refueling, then order your AI wingman to refuel, you are assigned to the right refueling pod, your wingman takes the left one.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:08 PM   #57
Britchot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doum76 View Post
Good to know, so now it'll be more of a pain to refuel in turn formation while trying to press the radio menus in VR without moving too much out of the pre-contact area to extend the drogue ending up redoing the radio menu options a few times Or like the other night in MP i was trying to pre-contact on right drogue and it never came out, never realised the guy on left drogue had aborted refueling as he was still flying there, so all that time i was looking in front on right drogue, the AI was thinking i was on left drogue :S
I highly recommend a voice command software to handle to handle to communications menu when using VR. I personally use DW VAC ( http://www.dwvac.com/ ) with an old profile from DCS_Fish. However, a lot of my squad mates are using Voice Attack ( https://voiceattack.com/ ).

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB
double-sided
5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive
JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist
Britchot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:17 PM   #58
Doum76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britchot View Post
I highly recommend a voice command software to handle to handle to communications menu when using VR. I personally use DW VAC ( http://www.dwvac.com/ ) with an old profile from DCS_Fish. However, a lot of my squad mates are using Voice Attack ( https://voiceattack.com/ ).

I bought Voice Attack a while ago, used it a lot with the Huey a lot, with all radio frequency changing by voice, when i bought my VR i used it at the beginning, now i don't use it anymore got used to all keys, only time i'm having issues is with the tanker when he doesn,t wanna pre-contact and i got to go through the menu 10 times, but in a turn only, straight there is no issues, again this occurs mainly 1 time out of 20, really not that often. I got a little tired to sometimes repeat 5 times in a row some commands But yeah it was useful for some stuff, specialy when i was doing fast rope drops n the huey and calling the insertion out vocaly

Last edited by Doum76; 02-16-2019 at 11:23 PM.
Doum76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #59
BlaizzMC

Good morning Razbam Team,

This is just a quick visual fix for the KC-135 MPRS. I noticed that the wingtip vortices were a bit off in the current version so I corrected them (correction in \CoreMods\aircraft\AV8BNA\KC135MPRS.lua) :
Code:
wing_tip_pos = 	{-11.0, 0.5,	19.8},
Attached are some screenshots from before and after the correction.

Cheers

Edit : I also did it for the KC-130 (correction in \CoreMods\aircraft\AV8BNA\KC130.lua) :
Code:
wing_tip_pos = {-2.627,  2.5, 19.8},
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_190217_131557.png
Views:	85
Size:	772.3 KB
ID:	204656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_190217_131559.png
Views:	83
Size:	1,011.4 KB
ID:	204657   Click image for larger version