DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM - Page 44 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-11-2019, 11:37 AM   #431
Dehuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by streakeagle View Post
I don't know if this link will work, but here is info on MiG-23ML modes: https://sites.google.com/site/soviet...23/n003e/modes
From that it sounds like BS III is a mode originally from the PVO's N006 ie unfiltered long range high altitude search. (A real kick in the teeth to all those who prescribe to the "PVO are strictly GCI until engagement" theory")
Dehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:55 PM   #432
JunMcKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Does this mean that upon MiG-19P release, the Cuban team will go forward onto our beloved Flogger next?
I hope they release the MLA version including the R-24R/T, Cuba have both missiles in their inventory. as well R-27R/T for the MIG-29A.
JunMcKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:59 AM   #433
firmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Does this mean that upon MiG-19P release, the Cuban team will go forward onto our beloved Flogger next?
End of development = free resources is a quite common misconception. Especially with a small teams where it's easy to assume that the same team that did the development during the project will have to provide maintenance.
Actually the result of having the same team to make a support of old project is that it ruins any scheduling as by their nature defects occur and have to be addressed ad-hock. In extreme cases such teams are not able to move forward with the new projects at all.

In other words if the same team that worked on MiG-19 will work on MiG-23, lets hope they did a good job on the project so there are no bugs at all
F/A-18, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all
firmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:15 PM   #434
Harlikwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehuman View Post
It means those of you in the USA can't buy it because of sanctions or whatever
Don't joke... You might be right...
Old 02-13-2019, 09:22 PM   #435
probad

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmek View Post
End of development = free resources is a quite common misconception. Especially with a small teams where it's easy to assume that the same team that did the development during the project will have to provide maintenance.
Actually the result of having the same team to make a support of old project is that it ruins any scheduling as by their nature defects occur and have to be addressed ad-hock. In extreme cases such teams are not able to move forward with the new projects at all.
more often the case it accounts for the "unresponsive" postlaunch support as the current monetization model favors new product throughput over existing product support.

which is in the grand scheme, a good thing imo
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL
probad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:45 PM   #436
Hyena

Send a message via AIM to Hyena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Don't joke... You might be right...
This would probably come down to if they are a Cuban based team, or just there doing research. If it's the latter, they could probably fudge it. If its the former, not so much.
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:56 PM   #437
Harlikwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by probad View Post
more often the case it accounts for the "unresponsive" postlaunch support as the current monetization model favors new product throughput over existing product support.

which is in the grand scheme, a good thing imo
I guess it all depends on how complete the first product was in the first place.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:56 PM   #438
JunMcKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
This would probably come down to if they are a Cuban based team, or just there doing research. If it's the latter, they could probably fudge it. If its the former, not so much.
I dont think the team is Cuban based, they have to be living abroad, maybe they have a friend in Cuba that is the one with the proper connections and do the research.

Anyway, there are former Cuban MIG-23 pilots that live in Miami. Another one, Alberto Ley Rivas, who shot down the South African Mirage F1 in Angola is living in Cuba.
JunMcKill is offline   Reply With Quote