F/A-18C - Trap Practice (aircraft carrier landing)(6 traps)

Finally figured out where the 'ball' is (simply search google images)

Actually, had lots of trouble landing quick mission 'Case I carrier landing' hitting the stern every time.

Then I though 'why not not think about it and land like a 'kick it down' Beech Baron 58 emergency landing' that I used to do all the time testing FSX settings

.. and Boom, on the deck 2nd cable.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Finally figured out where the 'ball' is (simply search google images)

Actually, had lots of trouble landing quick mission 'Case I carrier landing' hitting the stern every time.

Then I though 'why not not think about it and land like a 'kick it down' Beech Baron 58 emergency landing' that I used to do all the time testing FSX settings

.. and Boom, on the deck 2nd cable.

check out A.E.W on youtube. he'll tell you everything you need to know about case 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

Wow, that little time off from trap practicing really helped. I can definitely tell i'm getting the hang of it. Learned how to control my vertical speed and I'm seeing the ball regularly. It is very true, that when you get the numbers correct, you will see the ball at the appropriate distance and in time. Practice, practice, practice. That's all it takes.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Wow, that little time off from trap practicing really helped. I can definitely tell i'm getting the hang of it. Learned how to control my vertical speed and I'm seeing the ball regularly. It is very true, that when you get the numbers correct, you will see the ball at the appropriate distance and in time. Practice, practice, practice. That's all it takes.

exact same here brother, I remember at first people saying look for the ball, id be looking and didnt see anything, thought my carrier had a bug lol, not knowing my angles and altitude and everything were so off.

now I trap with my eyes closed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

• 9 months later...

I just found this mission series, and used the first on for my Tomcat, THANK YOU. I've been able to trap with both F-18 and the F-14, but not been well and can't concentrate on the tutorials at the moment, so borrowed your mission and finally got the blasted thing off the carrier,watching the salute etc is just fun. Thank you , ok so I was so busy watching the animations of wheels up and flaps I ended up in the drink, but I enjoyed it

First off didn't look unsafe, so we keep u on the boat :)

Serious note rewatch your tracks and use tacview...you might catch your weak points.

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish ED would give us the wake back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Hi GrowlingSidewinder! Love your Youtube channel. Nice traps there! (Edit: Realize this is an older video and thread though)

If you want, please check out this mission that I made for practicing CASE 1 recoveries. I spent silly amounts of hours scripting and tweaking to get things right, and it has received excellent feedback even from real world Hornet drivers. In short, it will give you realtime feedback and a summary of your performance, making it a fun tool for practicing.

Would be an honor if you want to try it out, bud'! :thumbup:

LINK

attachment.php?attachmentid=208169&stc=1&d=1554622509

Case1TrainerSummary.JPG.fbfcc8c2bcf308327da2ef0a4825a58e.JPG

Edited by Bankler

Hi GrowlingSidewinder! Love your Youtube channel. Nice traps there!

If you want, please check out this mission that I made for practicing CASE 1 recoveries. I spent silly amounts of hours scripting and tweaking to get things right, and it has received excellent feedback even from real world Hornet drivers. In short, it will give you realtime feedback and a summary of your performance, making it a fun tool for practicing.

Would be an honor if you want to try it out, bud'!

LINK

attachment.php?attachmentid=208169&stc=1&d=1554622509

Highly recommended.

It has helped me immensely.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset