[FIXED] HSI Data Missing?

Hog_No32

After todays update to the OB version, I am lacking distance and bearing information on the HSI when selecting a TACAN. True for both ground(ship)-based TACANs as well as airborne (tanker).

Range and pointer are correctly displayed on the HUD. The ETE is also displayed in the HSI at the usual location but no bearing or distance. Worked flawless before the update.

Same here, on left DDI no TACAN information (bearing and distance). AMPCD is OK (with TACAN info) .

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

TACAN Bugged again

Is this TACAN bugged again.

Looks like a TTG clock on the DDI rather than bearing range

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I noticed that it works as it did on the center DDI, but the left and right DDI show a count down timer.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

HSI Data Missing?

I use the upper left DDI for HSI / TACAN data use for practicing Case 1 recoveries, and it seems since I updated the other day, there is some data missing? It shows up on the lower center screen, but not on the upper left?

RED line shows Course and Bearing Data missing from Upper Left compared to Center

Green line shows Center screen indicates heading carrot to Stenis, but there is no carrot present on the upper left?

Thanks for any help as I think this may be a procedure change from update instead of a bug?

297642894_HSIInfo.thumb.jpg.f64552f5fe98468445c627393f98d6ca.jpg

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hi Fakum

I think anyway that the ampcd is the only right display for the HSI as you have the hdg and crs select right in front of you for the ease of navigation purposes

Specially when doing case 1 recovery patterns as it shows the deviation from the course line or in your case the boat indicated whit the C in the bottom right corner of the hsi, wich is also not displayed i the upper DDI`s

you are correct that it is a bug and i recall seeing it working before the last 2 updates

Cheers Evilfisher

1898024755_HSIInfo.thumb.jpg.f20b0a7009ff2ec125965991103ee80a.jpg

Edited by Evilfisher

Missing items being hidden on bottom of the Left DDI is normal as it's the Warnings messages zone as it's masked, but on upper section of the screen most be indeed a bug, i got to say i miss the missing Tacan carret on my right DDI which is where i usualy set my HSI. My bet is the missing Tacan carret is mostly a bug as there is no reasons why the Waypoint Carret is there and not the Tacan's.

Missing items being hidden on bottom of the Left DDI is normal as it's the Warnings messages zone as it's masked, but on upper section of the screen most be indeed a bug, i got to say i miss the missing Tacan carret on my right DDI which is where i usualy set my HSI.

The Adversory(Warning messages) page is either on the left ddi or when the left ddi is powered off on the ampcd, in any case you are not to decide where the HSI should be, its the bottom ampcd! the only choice you have if you want your fcs/hud or adi page left or right -hsi on the ddis are a no go.

Cheers Evilfisher

He’s not deciding anything for anyone but for HIMSELF where HE wants his HSI to be displayed. The TACAN carret should be displayed on any DDI if the HSI is selected. Doesn’t matter if it’s a no go, it can be selected in the real cockpit and it should display the symbology.

I do wonder though, if pilots really never have their HSI displayed on one of the DDIs. I’ve heard it is personal preference and some pilots Indeed do it. It’s not like someone can berate you on what to select wherever when you’re in a single seater. Similar for CASE recoveries: Some pilots like to have the FCS displayed, some prefer the HUD to be repeated etc.

Edited by Manuel_108

Hah, he's going to be really upset when he hears I never have my HUD or FCS page on any of my screens :eek: it's not like anything is going to magically break in the simulation that needs it. I normally have the HSI on the left, Attack Radar on the right and EW page in the middle.

Hah, he's going to be really upset when he hears I never have my HUD or FCS page on any of my screens :eek: it's not like anything is going to magically break in the simulation that needs it. I normally have the HSI on the left, Attack Radar on the right and EW page in the middle.

i really dont care :)

but the cockpitdesigner does :)

The Adversory(Warning messages) page is either on the left ddi or when the left ddi is powered off on the ampcd, in any case you are not to decide where the HSI should be, its the bottom ampcd! the only choice you have if you want your fcs/hud or adi page left or right -hsi on the ddis are a no go.

Cheers Evilfisher

The messages/Warning are only on left DDI, you know, the Bleed Air Left, Bleed Air Right, Canopy, Wing Lnk, Ice etc.. and so on, i don't know how in hell you get them anywhere else then left DDI :) Or did i miss a major patch that made this different then intended? I dunno who you are to tell someone where the HSI shuld be, i always had this habit snd funny thing is, even Lex in his ideo said that is where he puts it as he can see in a glance the info needed to cases landing without looking down the bowel of the jet and so did he in his video... but i presume, you have as much flight time in the Hornet as he does? You should tell him where he had to put the HSI. Try HSI on left DDI as you do pattern, you'll see you eyes sees it easier as you turn left constantly for pattern. but again we all have our choices :)

Edited by Doum76

I myself got that tip from Lex, and it is a great tip indeed,,, works very well as it only takes a slight glance

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Cheers Evilfisher

Don't think so:

;).

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Ok Ok Guys no need to sharpen your Pitchfork.

And no need for snappy comments.

It was a well intended suggestion putting the HSI on the ampcd.

And of course you can handle your screens the way you want.

I wouldnt had expected such a negative response here on the DCS forums.

Cheers Evilfisher

Just to confirm, I also have this.

Displays for on the lower MFD, missing Tacan info if displayed on either of the upper displays

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

HSI Data missing

Same issue. Very annoying. Bearing, Distance, and the carat no longer showing. Is anyone at Eagle seeing this? I had the previous version of DCS World Stable, it was whatever version came got replaced less than a week or so ago. Now I'm on 2.5.3.21235 (Open Beta) and this bug has arrived. Can't imagine its a difficult fix.

good to know, thanks