Cockpit rattling

CarbonFox

I'm sure it's been brought up before so my apologies. I notice even in smooth level flight, the cockpit shacks and rattles continuously regardless of what conditions you're flying in as well as when flying in a clean configuration. Is this really accurate to the flight experience according to previous Tomcat crews?

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

What speed are you flying at? If you are in the transsonic range (Mach 0.9-1.2), aircraft will vibrate even in level flight.

That's the one factor I didn't think of. I mostly cruise at those speeds. I had the Tomcat actually super cruising the other day doing Mach 1.1 and the the vibrating was definitely there. I've been too used to the smooth ride the Hornet provides.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

High or approach AOA or with the flaps down.

yup thats normal, shes a very vocal aircraft and thats a great thing in a turn fight because she talks to you

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

yup thats normal, shes a very vocal aircraft and thats a great thing in a turn fight because she talks to you

Not just that, you barely need to look at your speed since she talks to you and with some experience you can tell your energy state and alpha fairly well.

Not just that, you barely need to look at your speed since she talks to you and with some experience you can tell your energy state and alpha fairly well.

thats exactly what i mean :)

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

It is actually a part of the FM where our engineers and SMEs put an extra emphasis on to get it just right. Tomcat pilots used this to determine the state, speed, alpha, etc of their aircraft, so we went through great lengths to tune this as close to the real deal as humanly possible.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/