Study material for understanding brevity

kirk491

Does anyone know of some good sites or material to look up to help understand and speak brevity? I have searched youtube and google for weeks trying to find information to study so I can understand and speak military brevity in dcs but all I can find is information on civilian material. I would like to learn how to talk on the radio in dcs world using brevity and bring that much more realism into this awesome flight sim. I would like material on everything from how to talk to and understand atc, awacs, how to speak and understand brevity while in combat, taxing, take off, nav., landing, exc. Anything to communicate properly over the radio. Any help on where to find material would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

kirk491

I'm sure you can dig up something if you google for CEOI (or SOI) or proper radio procedure etc. Having said that, whenever I had a FAC to call in air support, he might has well have been speaking in Aramaic. There was so much AF jargon that it was pretty hard to follow. Sure, you get the gist of it, but it was POLAR opposite of Army radio procedures - like call for fire procedures.

The codes themselves are easy enough to get: http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a404426.pdf

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Thank-you hansangb the link you posted is excactly what I was looking for. I'll google the other sugestion also just to get a little more understanding. Once again thanks for your help, have a great day.

I think looking at words doesn't enter you brain correctly. Sit and listen to something like

and stop it everytime you don't understand and look it up.

For talking, it's a fluency exercise and only comes by doing it over and over and over.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

"Able Baker Charlie, to Roger Fox Dog! Have you found that marijuana patch yet?"

-*snort* "Oh ya man, we found it!"

"Have you sustained any casualties?"

-"Yeah, as a matter of fact, the whole platoon's wiped out, man".