F-16 A, B, C, MLU

Frank00

I think that it will be a great idea to work on the most knowed and distributed fighter aircraft in the world. It's true there is BMS but this one is old and outdated and there is a community of fans who are dreaming of this machine because it's the figther aircraft of their countrys airforce. I hope that I'll see one day a working and flyable F-16 in DCS.

Edited by Frank00

Well BMS isn't even downloadable at the moment since the new licence owner of F4 has forced them to take it down. Besides that, I would rather fly a DCS F16 so we can create a real red flag experience

Do as you want, I'm not interested enough to pay for a F16 to use for the online free for all scene of DCS atm. Don't get me wrong I play and enjoy DCS but I'm having more fun with the 21

Not another F-16 thread...

If ED (or a 3rd party) think it's feasible to do an F-16 and is willing to do so they will do that.

Until then we can always play Falcon, which also has a great Dynamic Campaign which DCS lacks. We will get the F/A-18 Hornet soon which can do everything an F-16 can do (except Mach 2) plus the addition of naval ops. So I don't see the need for an F-16 in DCS at all! I would say more russian airplanes are more urgent.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not another F-16 thread...

If ED (or a 3rd party) think it's feasible to do an F-16 and is willing to do so they will do that.

Until then we can always play Falcon, which also has a great Dynamic Campaign which DCS lacks. We will get the F/A-18 Hornet soon which can do everything an F-16 can do (except Mach 2) plus the addition of naval ops. So I don't see the need for an F-16 in DCS at all! I would say more russian airplanes are more urgent.

Personnaly I don't care about a F/A-18C. The F-16 is distributed in more than 20 country and the release of a F-16 will surely make a big number of client, I'm sure about that.

Please keep the comparisons and discussions about BMS out of it.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'll just say that i would rather have a F-18C with carrier ops instead of a modern F-16C.

BUT in my opinion, the F-16 A or B block 15 would be more interesting to have and fly in DCS world than the modern blocks. It was never simulated (even in F4.0). Since we have the LN mig-21 and when DCS F-5 and the F-14 come out, it would be a great addition to the (growing) list of airframes from that era.

Edited by Zag

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My vote would be for the F-16. Not just because it's my favorite aircraft but what it would do for the community as a whole. A lot of online squads are looking for something more updated to replace other outdated F-16 sims. I would guess that it would increase our numbers on mp servers, so on and so forth.

Either way though, an F-16 or F-18 will get me out of the SU-27, which I only fly because of it's A2A and A2G capabilities.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

once we get the f-18, and if someone makes a decent f-16 exterior, a flyable f-16 mod would be enough for me. they almost use same weapons and systems.

yes i have lost my hope about getting an f-16 module..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Wishing for a F16...

Personnaly I don't care about a F/A-18C. The F-16 is distributed in more than 20 country and the release of a F-16 will surely make a big number of client, I'm sure about that.

I would love to see an f16 in DCS also...essential aircraft in my opinion.

Oh YES, As a former Dutch Airforce sergeant, I would Love it to fly the F16 in DCS as a official Module... :thumbup:

Dell XPS 8700: 28" DELL S2817Q 3840pi, i7-4790 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB + 32 GB SSD, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift S.

Repetition is the Mother of All Skills:matrix:

[sIGPIC]<a href="http://www.flyfighterjet.com/" target="_blank"></a>[/sIGPIC]

I think that it will be a great idea to work on the most knowed and distributed fighter aircraft in the world. It's true ther is BMS but this one is old and outdated and there is a community of fans who are dreaming of this machine because it's the figther aircraft of their countrys airforce. I hope that I'll see one day a working and flyable F-16 in DCS.

I'll just say that i would rather have a F-18C with carrier ops instead of a modern F-16C.

BUT in my opinion, the F-16 A or B block 15 would be more interesting to have and fly in DCS world than the modern blocks. It was never simulated (even in F4.0). Since we have the LN mig-21 and when DCS F-5 and the F-14 come out, it would be a great addition to the (growing) list of airframes from that era.

The problems would be for people to understand what they are getting if the modeled a specific F-16 from "X" country at "Y" time period. Early blocks (i.e. Block 1 to 10, circa 1980) would be very interesting, but I think these forums would blow up if people get F-16 not capable to carry AN/ASQ-213, AN/AAQ-13/14/28/33, AIM-120, GBU, etc. FLCS test alone on those old F-16 ( Block 1 to 32) takes around two minutes, I know it can be skipped, just saying.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

How could anyone NOT want an F-16 in DCS??? Its a true BFM fighter, can accelerate like no ones business, and has some game in BVR and A-G.

Its worth it just for the bubble canopy.

I too would like more Russian aircraft, but the government doesn't want to give up detailed information on aircraft they either still fly or sell.

Edited by Beamscanner

As a big fan of the KA-50 module, I'd like to see some effort made on a Cobra or Apache module. That would be sweet. They were developed in '67 and 83' respectively, so hopefully there would be enough declassified systems to make it viable... and with the new multicrew code.. woah.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

81-0663 info
Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

ED will release the F-16 but we'll see it in a couple of years from now. There are just a lot of things to improve first as Air-Ground radar, real F-16 theaters, Dynamic Campaign, multicrew to allow a full F-16C/D simulation... and I'm not even counting the other projects they have in hands like the Legacy Hornet, WWII map and planes, ironing out bugs, DCS 2.0...

It will be an honor to have a Viper in DCS. It will attract many die hard fans and a lot of cockpit builders around the world since it's a extremely popular plane across many, many air forces. No Red Flag multiplayer would be complete without it. The wait is worth it

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

I think that with the f18 coming up, I'd rather have a Russian airplane. We are getting at least 4 western aircrafts (2000, viggen, f18, f14 ) let's get something Russian for once

:D If western aircraft is the problem, lets go east, like the Mitsubishi F-2

To whom it may concern,

I think that with the f18 coming up, I'd rather have a Russian airplane. We are getting at least 4 western aircrafts (2000, viggen, f18, f14 ) let's get something Russian for once
Again and again this is asked. Russian planes are just in general harder to get information on. It's that simple. I agree with you. I fly Western aircraft and would love all Western aircraft in the game, but i want the other side to have aircraft to fly too (makes for more fun). But yeah, I've been around here a long time, and if you look hard enough, you'll see some ED officials bringing up how hard information on Russian aircraft is to come by (legally).

The thing about the eastern aircraft.

Is that those we could more easily get info about (Mig-23,Mig-27,Su-22 and Su17/22 etc) are all 1970-1980s designs that are less capable then those we have today (i would love a Mig-23 and a Su22 though more then i would a more up to date aircraft)

And if one of those where made ppl would still cry because they want Su-30, Su-35, Su,27SM3 ,Mig-29M ,Mig-29K mig 35 etc.

Because they want something more modern and capable then the current Su-27S and Mig-29A/S.

They want a Eastern Multi role aircraft like the F/A 18 thats coming soon.

But all of those aircraft are much newer and are highley classified making it VERY hard to get all the needed info about them.

And thats a reason why i would prefer having a Cold war Scenario with pre 1990s aircraft since most of those aircraft can be realisticly made.

While u will have as much luck making a Su-35 as you would have making a F-22...

Its VERY unlikley to happen in the near future.

Ppl want "balance" but the easiest way to do that would be to reduce the western aircraft to pre 90s configs (no AMRAAM) and not to try to add more russian (eastern) aircraft with active missiles.