[Closed] Vulcan AAA can't hit planes

I made a test and let a vulcan fire at me, the results were, different to 1.2.xx

It couldn't hit me because it didn't fired infront of me, just directly at me while im doing circles around it

It just hit me once when i was flying straight at it, but then, no more hits, can anyone confirm this or is the Vulcan unable to hit it by default?

The last picture shows my airspeed while doing the circles above it

Shilka is doing just fine though

I made a test and let a vulcan fire at me, the results were, different to 1.2.xx

It couldn't hit me because it didn't fired infront of me, just directly at me while im doing circles around it

It just hit me once when i was flying straight at it, but then, no more hits, can anyone confirm this or is the Vulcan unable to hit it by default?

The last picture shows my airspeed while doing the circles above it

Hi,

Last week I was testing a damage model on A-10C when engaged by Shilka. Initially it was not able to hit me. It took several passes and a bit of orbiting for the ZSU to lock - on and zero in, but eventually I was pulling my eject handle hard.

Shilka was set on average skill level in mission editor , how about your Vulcan?

However when I set Shilka on excelent I noticed that it fires quicker, more rounds, and seldom misses, so check the skill level of AAA as well.

Let us know, and I will check Vulcan tonight.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

So, it seems that both Shilka and Vulcan react alike when set to "excellent" skill. Outcome is the same, first hits disable one of the engines.

One thing I can say though, both units seem to be underperforming when compared to manufacturer's promo videos ;)

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Only the cockpit is shielded by titanium

if u consider that that its possible to see an A10Cc take systems damage and even shot down by the cupola machine gun of a tank then there has got to be issues with damage modelling ...

Well, although I studied fundamentals of Materials Science and Engineering I am not an expert to say what can perforate A-10C sections as I have no data on this subject, however what I know (by learning about this aircraft) is that only the cockpit is armoured with titanium capable of stopping .50 cal direct hit or up to 32mm airburst, however that’s as far as it goes. There is no doubt that if a bird can destroy its engine, bullet from a tank’s MG (as a standard it is .50cal) will do as well.

Although it is called a flying tank, it is not bulletproof, well.. so isn't tank actually...

Magic bullets?

Hehehe - yes the amazing all-penetrating titanium piercing air resistance defying machine gun bullet. I hear you.

I am not sure I am following your thoughts mate. Read again, perhaps you misunderstood.

Are you saying that 12,7 mm bullet (that is 55g object travelling at 820m/s, around 18630J J) cannot penetrate this aircraft? Did I say that this bullet can penetrate titanium? Did I say it would travel through air infinitely?

What was your point? We are discussing potential bug and you are off-topic with your less than uninformed comments.

Here... an eye candy for you:

01.jpg.43128a0624ed23901e245582d2795e34.jpg

09.jpg.b755cdec4bde97d72cfbbe7972ab2c95.jpg