WIP : Improve/rework of the exterior textures in 8K

Mav783

Texture map size will not affect FPS only load time and VRAM space. That's why high end cards are going into 12GB range. but an older, mediocre will have problems do to not enough VRAM and will have to store it on a swap file/drive and that causes stutters etc.

We went with little as we could with textures for the aircraft to minimize FPS impact cause a lot of textures maps will affect FPS with higher drawcalls. Basically it will have to render more times with more textures to geometry instead less renders with fewer textures.

The M2000 is dated due to the video performance from that time when it was released.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

Mav,

when you need someone for testing, i would like to help ;)

Hi,

I will upload it soon, theire is lot of defaults, symetrical "shortcuts" (you will see, i really cheated too much, matter of time :music_whistling:), etc... and i will update/fix it step by step. The pylons will also be made later.

I don't garanty that i will fix everythings that will be asked, but i will try for the most heavy things :D

---

We went with little as we could with textures for the aircraft to minimize FPS impact cause a lot of textures maps will affect FPS with higher drawcalls. Basically it will have to render more times with more textures to geometry instead less renders with fewer textures.

The M2000 is dated due to the video performance from that time when it was released.

Yep :thumbup: , This is totally normal.

For people who want to see what is recently done by Razbam, i invite them to look in detail at the textures of the Mig-19P. It's an insane work.

And it's muuuch well done than what i'm doing right now.

I also was inspired by the incredible work of the F-14, the JF-17 is also very well done.

But all that skills are far from what i can do in fact :D

Edited by Mav783

Re,

To "finish", before to go to sleep (almost 5 a.m. in France, "tomorow" will be fun :D), the 2000L fuel tank:

Added dirts and some details, adding some albedo effect in the roughmet map.

Added burst of paint with metallic background.

I also added in the bumpmap an "effect" of shock which "pushed" the tolle :)

X3NyZiffIYfwuectJjnKar07q-6wG65QVVcaYQyadzWCUokZc0B8_Icgo2MfDoQFrw0Mi2PZ9dvfIZsNCABTn1czgbyoiqkR0y-s5zR0bewOdtnPc0MmT1-l45RDjquAq_5baXjj1H1hFxfykIfQToRRHthaVJqNg1TPrrUffjWclRiC05kRhMdtgHIzDsbNR0b_lye1YbFH4zSdK8xc7LR2F1WjdxNC2UaZPP358ZcE-0NBJhLONFVQP2Ntur6Qgu8FDxhXlGoyMoRQpVu_lZll9zu2lsQ9O43HWPqzTbv0foOo75y7l3xZ2vDEtiVRzihaQv_MVv-1JKemTwk7e4kJTMNHpi_phlkpLDnHPpbN8DttpNngjcYzt0jU7vzJQ2wcruUa9_i4xYpiFNs9WwkPdmoE2KipsN6KuURv2mUpLL-LzWmLEFcPDfgBzFRdEp0F7Ct3yDrvWNzV47rPa-F5M60l3iItwIJolR_9VCyPoUi-Re81GaoYaFfHL25P6NXoLGTZPLbYmpckaWBUsypB6kyeq-TBlcgvjPxE9VSS9nRNkxVx2GMMYqUSYTeBxEy3MOMSoTbe30SokFl0lpRPG4RTgYQX7GAsoEQHSTG7IbGyvbGfhzi9wgTFiADZSsZiSmjpNAkAae4Gmw1sC9LhS5gag9UX2vHQ54wSJmdvwE8JD69GgahpxAFT9NMyImVQoDI6TOMxQFEl8RdEP1XhyHZd9xyttZWlLiTMmGM7NOmf=w2568-h1440-no

See you :)

Hi,

I will upload it soon, theire is lot of defaults, symetrical "shortcuts" (you will see, i really cheated too much, matter of time :music_whistling:), etc... and i will update/fix it step by step. The pylons will also be made later.

I don't garanty that i will fix everythings that will be asked, but i will try for the most heavy things :D

---

Yep :thumbup: , This is totally normal.

For people who want to see what is recently done by Razbam, i invite them to look in detail at the textures of the Mig-19P. It's an insane work.

And it's muuuch well done than what i'm doing right now.

I also was inspired by the incredible work of the F-14, the JF-17 is also very well done.

But all that skills are far from what i can do in fact :D

Thanks for the praise of the Mig19 Textures. It took me a while to get them finished especially with all of the liveries :)

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Hello,

This is extremely well done and detailed. Bravo!

I have produced a number of skins for the Mirage, and , if you feel this is fine, and you have a layered template,, I would be happy to update to your new standard in a sort of joint venture.

Just let me know ,

Bon courage pour la suite

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

Thanks for the praise of the Mig19 Textures. It took me a while to get them finished especially with all of the liveries

Yep i believe you, it represent lot of work. And this Mig is really great. Good job :thumbup:

Out of curiosity what softwares are you using ? Photoshop, but also others ?

---

Hello,

This is extremely well done and detailed. Bravo!

I have produced a number of skins for the Mirage, and , if you feel this is fine, and you have a layered template,, I would be happy to update to your new standard in a sort of joint venture.

Just let me know ,

Bon courage pour la suite

Salut Gabuzomeu,

Merci ! ;)

About the skins and liveries, i will upload on a public googledrive the M2KC_1T and 2T .PSD files if you want. But not now. Actually i need to admit that my files ares totally desorganised...I can not propose it in this state :music_whistling::D But i will later, quickly if i can, and you will be free to use it if you like.

++

Edited by Mav783

I'm searching a solution to put the folder in the ED "user files" section.

But the upload is limited at 100Mo... My folder is 132Mo (ziped)... :(

I will maybe propose that trought GoogleDrive.

But this ED web site section is visited a lot. So the visibility on google will be like zero... But anyway, i will do that i think ;)

EDIT : Ok, i compressed in .7z and it's 98Mo :D

I will upload today and also give a link for Google Drive in case :)

Edited by Mav783

Thanks ! :)

It's uploaded since some hours, but in "validation". When it's online i come with the link ;)

Merci beaucoup pour tes efforts. Au vue des screenshots le résultat est sublime !

J'ai hâte de voir ça sur mon écran et en VR. :)

Thank you a lot for your hard work. The textures look amazing in your screenshots.

I can't wait to see the result on my flat screen and in VR.

Salut, hi everyones :smilewink:

Thanks for your supports and messages :))

Et merci Teldja !

Ho, and yes, i didn't have the time to connect before but the DL is available, DonJosh was faster than me :thumbup:

Download link: for "Overall improved and reworked textures in 8K ! - Mirage 2000C - (JSGME ready)

Overall%20improved%20and%20reworked%20textures%20in%208K%20%21%20-%20Mirage%202000C%201.jpg

Overall%20improved%20and%20reworked%20textures%20in%208K%20!%20-%20Mirage%202000C%202.jpg

Hope you will enjoy it :)

I will continue to update this work when the time will permit it.

Also i planned to upload the .PSD files, for everyone who want to make their own livery/skin/textures with this base. But i need to organise all my PSD and clean it before. The upload link will be pulished here. I d'ont know when exaclty, but i hope soon.

;)

Edited by Mav783

Thank you!

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

• 1 month later...

Hi :) ,

Since the last update (DCS OpenBeta), the mod no longer passes the integrity check (greenshield) :(

I tried 3 ways.

- The direct install in "_Mods" folder, in DCS folder, with or without JSGME.

- The installation in the folder "liveries" in the "user" folder (C: )

- The undirect install, with a "entry.lua" file un the user folder (C: ), but with the liverie in an folder that is not even related to DCS.

Nothing work :s Serveurs with the greenshield will not accept this mod. For now.

It's maybe caused by the definition of the .DD files (8K), or any other reasons, i don't know.

If any idea to fix that come to you, don't hesitate ;)

++

Edited by Mav783

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi ! Sory for my latency, i was not home.

did you plan to do some skins from other countries aswell?

Not for now, but maybe later (i don't guaranty but i will try. E think about the UEA skin first, and also other French skin from others squadrons);)

Impressive Work ! Thank you for it. :D

GIGABYE Z97P-D3 KINGSTON 16GB 1600MHZ INTEL I5-4690K OC 4.3GHZ

SSD SAMSUNG EVO 240 256GB / SSD CRUCIAL MX500 1TB / WESTERN BLACK 2TB

ASUS STRIX 970GTX 4GB SOUNDBLASTER Z-SERIES THUSTMASTER T16000M / TWCS

MODULES:

F-14 / UH-1 / A-10 / F-86 / KA-50 / MIG-21 / MI-8 / NEVADA / COMBINED ARMS

It drastically changes M2000 "rendering" in game, absolutely amazing.

Hope for more skins in the next future, as for an official release by RAZBAM.

BRAVO!

I agree about UEA first (Persian Gulf map), may be both Grey and Sand skin, and this one for France, Cicognes, still not included in the skin pack. I also vote in the future for a Greek one.

800px-Mirage2000-5cigognes.jpg

Edited by Conroy