Update Notes

ApacheDoctor

First and foremost, been looking forward to this one for a long time. The F-18 is now a LOT smoother in the break and Case 1 ops. While there is nothing simple out it, this now feels a lot like a FBW airplane, much smoother on controls, and now the math really works out well. Took a test flight and she handles like a dream.

First the first time I don't feel like I m a hockey player on the ice rink. CV is a lot more smooth in motion, and you can see the HUD indicators moving with the motion of the ship.

I did not mess around with the ICLS implementation yet, but my only recommendation is to make the needles a little bit longer both vertically and horizontally. They seem small.

Did not mess with the airborne radar or munitions settings yet, but that will come soon.

Only gripe so far-is there a particular reason why this new update wipes our keybindings out? Fortunately I did not have to go in and reassign/retune axis', so that's a plus.

First and foremost, been looking forward to this one for a long time. The F-18 is now a LOT smoother in the break and Case 1 ops. While there is nothing simple out it, this now feels a lot like a FBW airplane, much smoother on controls, and now the math really works out well. Took a test flight and she handles like a dream.

First the first time I don't feel like I m a hockey player on the ice rink. CV is a lot more smooth in motion, and you can see the HUD indicators moving with the motion of the ship.

I did not mess around with the ICLS implementation yet, but my only recommendation is to make the needles a little bit longer both vertically and horizontally. They seem small.

Did not mess with the airborne radar or munitions settings yet, but that will come soon.

Only gripe so far-is there a particular reason why this new update wipes our keybindings out? Fortunately I did not have to go in and reassign/retune axis', so that's a plus.

May i ask what you found on today's patch that changes Case 1 or anything in flight behavior any different than before?

Placebo? There wasn't anything in this update that changed the flight model or behavior that I'm aware of.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

To me it was a much more noticeable difference in the handling from the break and into the pattern. Lot less squirrely, lot more consistent.

I presume you haven't updated for quite a while? Pattern got more sft since quite a few updates when they fixed the incresed pitch up nose effect on dropigng gears and flaps. I've been able to do decent pattern and fuly control on the aircraft since a few patch before 2.5.2 came to Released Version. If they changed something i haven't noticed it yet. But glad you like it, they work hard for us. :) :pilotfly:

Placebo? There wasn't anything in this update that changed the flight model or behavior that I'm aware of.

IIRC they reduce the gear drag, which would affect flight

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Some people say the announced change did not make it into this week's patch, but to me flaps down/gear down handling did change - I don't know if it's wheels drag reduced or throttle input, but it does feel smoother and easier to control now.

Some people say the announced change did not make it into this week's patch, but to me flaps down/gear down handling did change - I don't know if it's wheels drag reduced or throttle input, but it does feel smoother and easier to control now.

As people say..placebo effect? Cuz on my side i see no difference, everything is as smooth as before, maybe all depends on how each of us do our break, maybe i always made it smooth so i se no difference, and maybe some people do it rougly and doesn't trim properly, dunno, wish i'd see the difference.

From today's DCS Weekend News (bold is mine):

Also this week we added several new features and resolved several bugs for the Hornet. Highlights of this update include:

Aircraft no longer slide on the carrier deck, at any carrier speed.

STT track will not switch lock uncommanded.

RADAR SIL (radar silence) and STBY mode has been implemented.

RWR display logic has been further improved, with critical threat lines added.

Option on ME to select single or ripple release (was not in fact merged for last update)

DUD cue added for when HT or fuze setting is below current aircraft AGL.

RWS page SET and weapon and count added when a weapon is in priority.

Night Vision Goggles (NVG) added.

Instrumented Carrier Landing System (ICLS) added.

Landing gear drag lowered.

I'm confused. I noticed some differences, but I'm practicing all the time.

I haven’t really noticed a difference except that it feels easier now to „catch“ the aircraft at the right AOA after dirtying up. It just seems a bit easier to get the right amount of power going before getting too slow. Seeing now that the gear drag got reduced makes sense in this regard.

Carrier recoveries are addictive as hell, it‘s so rewarding.

Edited by Manuel_108

I am getting a new 7 GB patch right now of OB. What is this about?

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Please keep discussing not directly related to the DCS: F/A-18C to another subforum than this one.

Discussions about patch notes and what is in there have a dedicated thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=189137

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Same here, had a roughly 7GB update for Update 7 and now the Update 7 - HOTFIX is also 7GB. :helpsmilie:

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB