Hoggit's DCS World Wiki v2 released!

jers

Hoggit's DCS World (And other sims) Wiki

If you're looking to learn, or to teach we're hoping to build the best centralized repository of DCS/Flight Sim knowledge around. We've got a long way to go, but we're off to a good start and we could use your help!

We've got information on: DCS World Modules (and Falcon BMS) including a convenient centralized location for all of Chuck's guides. We're always looking to add more information to this section of the wiki so feel free to contribute.

The Simulator Scripting Engine documentation including the "official" documentation of MIST by Grimes and good information on the Basic ME GUI

Charts and arrival/departure procedures for the airports in DCS World

A DCS World threat database

And lots more. In true wiki fashion this is editable by anyone so if you want to contribute or maybe learn something new feel free to check it out.

Dude! Very very good start, I'm loving the layout and design of your site. Thanks!

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Wow, this is a brave endeavour! So much info out there, just collecting the modding tutorials over the years would be massive. This is a really good project, I hope you stick with looking after her for many years to come.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Nice initiative.

About the SA-10 minimum engagement range : I think you can put something like 3 to 6 km. Because I do some DEAD/SEAD with the Viggen and when there is a S-300 site without other anti-air systems to protect it (like SA-9, SA-8 or SA-19, which I consider as very dangerous because of the combination gun/missiles by the way), I like to use the RB-05 or the rockets at close range. I realized that once I'm less than 5 km from them, they never launch any missile at me, except if I go a little too far.

I moved the F-16 BMS stuff to a "Non-DCS World" section, I agree it did look pretty silly under DCS Modules especially at the top of the list :megalol:

:thumbup: Thank you very much ))) yeah, it looked really strange.

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

The threat list is great! On the long run, having a page per unit with the list of countries where they are available in game would be very handy IMO

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

That's a great idea about the country availability per threat, cypc. Great suggestion.

Also it's my pleasure Dart, feel free to add anything or ask me to add anything to the page you think is important.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Job!!!

:thumbup::book::pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I revived the old "documentation" for exporting DCS data, the only place I could find it was a blog post in the Wayback Machine. Hopefully this will be a slightly more permanent home for it. I don't know what info here is out of date or incorrect, I *think* most of it is good, however. Please let me know if anything is incorrect.

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_export

Also if you guys and gals can think of any other information that only exists in obscure places I'd love to be able to add them, so let me know if you think of any.