Any tips for a boost in performance? Cannot play..

I run DCS on High with no problem.

I cannot run the Epsom Campaign without massive lag and stuttering in the latest DCS 2.5.x release.

I tried the F10 option but nothing changed.

Q. What can I do to make this playable without switching everything to Low?

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

Hi Toby23, I'm not sure what I can offer other than some guides folks have produced:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=201600

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206665

The F10 option is a little obsolete due to the way objects are set up in the missions now. Targets or air defense locations only activate as you fly near them so the map is practically empty until later in the mission. There is a lot going on but performance should still be as good as, and probably much better than any other missions of their kind.

The only recommendation that occurs to me if a person's system is struggling would be to stick to one area instead of flying the entire route. That would cause fewer assets to be activated and could potentially improve performance. The rest is down to the map and out of our hands.

I have been waiting for so long to fly this mission Bunyap, the Spitfire is my favourite plane bar none. When I load the first mission, everything slows right down and if I pan left and right with Track-IR, major stutters. I don't know what could be wrong because everything else runs fine.

Thanks for your tips.

I tried again last night, with High settings and it worked much better.

A couple of questions about the first mission though...

1. Am I the leader? I tried using the radio (B and D) to notify the airfield and my team but nothing happens.

2. I flew for maybe 20-30 minutes about 60% of the route and nothing happened except flak, is that right? Does it get more interesting? The Normandy map is not the best for sight seeing.

3. The mission says take off, climb to 3000ft, wait for the others to take-off, then climb to 10,000ft, then descend (almost immediately) to look for ground units, but I didn't see anything. What altitude am I supposed to fly at and what should I be doing?

Is the first mission just a 'get used to flying in formation' mission or am I missing something?

Apologies if I'm doing something wrong but I got so bored after flying for 20-30 minutes without anything happening, that I quit the mission.

Thanks.

Toby

You are the leader. The altitude is up to you. The higher the safer, but to spot ground targets you need to go lower. I usually fly at 5,000 feet after crossing the lines.

You can listen to your wingmen who are good at spotting targets, then when they report something, order them to attack ,and follow them.

Alternatively, you can cheat and look at the F10 map ;)

All this is described in the campaign documentation too, which is very well put together, so I can recommend reading it.

It was late and I had just come back from a screening of 'Spitfire'..

I did flick through the documents, very well made, but too much text for a late night sortie.

Will try again tonight. Appreciate your help Reflected.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i built up a new rig thats in my sig, But just added another 16gb ram so total 32gb and its running great now in vr. Didnt think that would solve it but very glad it did. Amazing campaign !!:thumbup:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10