can't autounhook cargo

TAW_Impalor

Hello, I'm struggling with generator mission of Oilfield campaign. I hover over the landing site, choose "auto onhook on", slowly lower the cargo, hear "Cargo is on the ground, disconnecting" then immediately "Oh no, cargo crashed". The mission ends in failure. On external view cargo looks fine but still hooked. Tried three times, always the same (( 2.5 OB...

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

• ED Team

OK. Issue is localized and will be fixed soon.

Mean while You have 3 options:

* Use automatic success function in radio menu (present first 30 seconds at mission start) if You are playing in campaign mode

* Use mission editor to manually load next mission ([gamedir]\Mods\campaigns\Mi-8MTV2 Oilfield)

* Wait for the update

Sorry for inconvenience.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

Thanks! I better wait. This is my first time sling-loading and I would like to complete it properly. I'm sure there is more to come in next missions. I did not try tactical nor emergency release - will they also crash the cargo?

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

• ED Team
Thanks! I better wait. This is my first time sling-loading and I would like to complete it properly. I'm sure there is more to come in next missions. I did not try tactical nor emergency release - will they also crash the cargo?

Thanks for Your patience. :)

There is no any difference for player in tactical or emergency cargo release during flight, result is completely the same. The only difference between tactical and emergency release is that release signal goes via different electrical circuits to open the DG-64 cargo hook. In both cases, when hook is opened, the ЗАМОК ОТКРЫТ (HOOK OPEN) light panel is on.

This is what manual states.

In any case You should first place a cargo on the ground. Releasing it in mid air will cause troubles. :)

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

Yes, I read the manual and yes, I did plan to first place it on the ground )) Anyway, can't do anything right now until Oculus repairs my Rift...

Isnt that the third mission? before the Geologists? I tried it today and unhooked slowly inside the four tires. I passed it.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 1 month later...