FFb roll very light

Same here. The return to center force on the pitch axis is excellent, but the roll is very light.

If you tick the "Swap Axis" it will make the roll force strong and the pitch light.

MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 stick.

Thanks in advance!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Same here. The return to center force on the pitch axis is excellent, but the roll is very light.

If you tick the "Swap Axis" it will make the roll force strong and the pitch light.

MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 stick.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah I swapped them around but it makes it a bit more uncomfortable

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Thank you for reports. We tried to reproduce less force required to control roll, and team liked it. We will think about solution that will be good for all of us.

could there be an option to change the strength of both axis independently to how we like? Perhaps in special options?

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

roll should be light. but I don't know how they implemented it..

in Digital FLCS (which blk50 has)

full AFT (+10G) is 25lbf

full FWD (-4G) is 16lbf

and full roll is 17lbf.

regardless, anything they implement in an F-16 is made up... no stick forces as the stick doesn't move :)

roll should be light. but I don't know how they implemented it..

in Digital FLCS (which blk50 has)

full AFT (+10G) is 25lbf

full FWD (-4G) is 16lbf

and full roll is 17lbf.

regardless, anything they implement in an F-16 is made up... no stick forces as the stick doesn't move :)

Which makes sense for the real stick, but on a regular FFB stick that has a physical travel range it just feels weird when there is a difference between the two axis.

The only aircraft I can think that maybe experienced this was the WW2 P-38L and some late J models that had hydraulically boosted ailerons so at higher speeds where compresability starts to influence it retained ease of roll but pitching required more force.

I hope there will be a setting for just a simple FFB, similar to the one in the F-15, same on both axis, but maybe perhaps stronger return to center? That would be the best in my opinion.

Cheers!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Which makes sense for the real stick, but on a regular FFB stick that has a physical travel range it just feels weird when there is a difference between the two axis.

The only aircraft I can think that maybe experienced this was the WW2 P-38L and some late J models that had hydraulically boosted ailerons so at higher speeds where compresability starts to influence it retained ease of roll but pitching required more force.

I hope there will be a setting for just a simple FFB, similar to the one in the F-15, same on both axis, but maybe perhaps stronger return to center? That would be the best in my opinion.

Cheers!

Well, no. In every actual aircraft that I have flown, pitch and roll forces are different; typically for "ideal" control harmony you want light roll, medium pitch, and heavy yaw - which makes sense if you think of the muscles involved, and the rate of motion you want to command - heavy roll makes a plane too stable (ok for transports) but light pitch makes an over-g really easy!

In my glider (see sig pic), due to the long wings, it's the reverse: roll is slow (with lots of stick displacement needed - which gets heavy at speed), while pitch is very light and sensitive (two fingers and not much movement), especially at speed. But for the type of maneuvering you do in a glider, it's nicely harmonized (LS6s are known for nice flying qualities - and I totally agree!).

The F-15 IRL does not have equal forces in roll and pitch.

The few flights I had in real F-16s (long time ago) it felt to me that the roll was nice and light (but very dead-beat, once you figured out to use pressure and not displacement - and not to bring the stick back to center to stop the roll!) while pitch was surprisingly heavy, although the 25 lbf quoted above is pretty much the same as the mechanical F-15's. That is probably an AF required force (since with powered controls, you can make it whatever you want).

My DCS setup is a Warthog, 15 cm extension, and the strongest Sahaj spring. Center mounted, it takes some muscle to move but feels like a plane (pretty close to a Pawnee, actually), unlike most other game sticks that are so light as to be ridiculous!

Cheers,

Kirk

The few flights I had in real F-16s (long time ago) it felt to me that the roll was nice and light (but very dead-beat, once you figured out to use pressure and not displacement - and not to bring the stick back to center to stop the roll!) while pitch was surprisingly heavy, although the 25 lbf quoted above is pretty much the same as the mechanical F-15's. That is probably an AF required force (since with powered controls, you can make it whatever you want).

Cheers,

Kirk

old FLCS (up to blk 30/32 had different calibration.

it was AFAIK, 180N (40lbf\18kgf) aft pitch and 80N (~8kgf\18lbf) for everything else

old FLCS (up to blk 30/32 had different calibration.

it was AFAIK, 180N (40lbf\18kgf) aft pitch and 80N (~8kgf\18lbf) for everything else

My flights were in blk 30s and 40s and it was a while ago...don't remember much diff, but that doesn't mean much. I do remember in the F-16 sims that I was testing at the time (all blocks), that pitch seemed a bit heavy - mainly because without feeling Gs (energy) you just kept on pulling till you fell out of the sky! Definitely could not fly a Viper like a Phantom!

One of the blk 40 flights was a night Lantirn low level to the range...that was interesting - especially the bird strike at low level in a canyon. Jet pretty much OK, bird no so much.

Fun times.

Kirk

• 1 month later...
So it wasn't my imagination or my own problem then......I knew I wasn't going mad here !! :thumbup: :joystick:

Makes it very difficult to fly smooth when one axis is as stiff as a rock

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

throw my 2 cents in as well...i very much dislike the different axis resistances. also i'm unsure which axis is supposed to be more or less resistant? does it matter?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules