DCS : F4U-1 Corsair

Hueyman

I don't think it would be too difficult to do though. Vought just removed the wingtip to accomodate the lower clearance of the RN carrier hanger decks and nothing else was changed.

When the wing tips were removed the sink rate while landing changed [ which made it easier to land I read ] and probably other flight characteristics changed as well.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got tired of waiting to fly the F-4u, so I bought an r/c one to hold me over :lol: Really looking forward to this one and anxious for the spring update. I'll probably get the P-47 just to practice for the Corsair. I'd ask for news but I know the answer, I hope work is going well and you all are alright in these trying times:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

This is the one plane that I hope comes out ASAP !!! I have worked at Sikorski and they

had photos on the walls but I was not allowed to take pictures. I did get to see the

2nd Comanche being built and its flight simulator.

2018181602_FormulaVIIPhoto.thumb.jpeg.914dcd1461602f94c60d3ef858192b50.jpeg

Edited by ctguy1955

• 2 weeks later...

*Puts on tinfoil hat* Lots of pics and hype around WWII and P-47 from ED recently, perhaps they don't want 2 Double Wasp driven American Fighter Modules released too close together AND Leatherneck may be holding off to launch with Free Marianas map.

*Puts on tinfoil hat* Lots of pics and hype around WWII and P-47 from ED recently, perhaps they don't want 2 Double Wasp driven American Fighter Modules released too close together AND Leatherneck may be holding off to launch with Free Marianas map.

Yeah... I wouldn't be surprised...

Frankly a very similar scenario for HB and their carrier being delayed due to the SupaCarria from ED.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Marketing aside, I can imagine that Magnitude is also waiting for ED to finalize some related features first. The new WW2 DM, weapons and most likely ED is making some changes to the core engine to better simulate the R-2800.

I expect a Q4 release and some short but intense marketing push before.

• 1 month later...

Man oh man! I'm really starting to get the shakes and night sweats here fellas. Can you hook me up with just a little Hog fix? I mean, just a little one, like a picture of the prop, or tail wheel with the arrestor hook attached? I'll gladly pay you Wednesday for a fix today!! It's been a couple of months now and I am really hurting! :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You probably have seen this...

Man oh man! I'm really starting to get the shakes and night sweats here fellas. Can you hook me up with just a little Hog fix? I mean, just a little one, like a picture of the prop, or tail wheel with the arrestor hook attached? I'll gladly pay you Wednesday for a fix today!! It's been a couple of months now and I am really hurting! :cry:

This has been out for months now.

At least its not just a photo of the Prop.

Enjoy, and Clear Skies

Mike

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

• 2 months later...

I thank You for posting the last updates, I had not read them and was happy

to see that there might just be the possibility of flying a Corsair F4U before My

eminent demise.

Or Civil War II , never mind Covid-19. (My Opinion @ this conjuncture in time)

I look forward to flying the F4U onto a super carrier and watching the

control station landing attempts. After 4 years and many hours, I still have

a very hard time landing a dora without bouncing, even the A8 model.

Clear Skies

Mike