HUD Brightness?!

Mezsh

I'm new to the Viper, and like flying in low light conditions. I can't seem to be able to control the brightness of the HUD. I'm flying in VR (Rift-S), and the console/instrument/food lights seem to work fine. I've set the switch to "night" on the right knee panel (or whatever it's called), but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to dim the HUD, it's dazzlingly bright at night (ditto for the "Gear down" indicator lights!). Is there something I've missed? I've tried the key bindings, but they don't seem to do anything) Is there a way to dim either of them yet? if so, why not?! surely that'd be one of the first things to implement? Hopefully I'm just being stupid and have missed something. Please enlighten me, oh veteran Viper Gurus :D

1 - Apologies, my mistake, it was late and I was tired, so I accidentally posted on the wrong thread.

As stated earlier, I'm in VR, but I forgot to mention that I was using the latest patch. It seems that VR is severely bugged, especially lighting, so what may work for you in pancake mode (2D), may not work for us in VR. ED are apparently aware of the issue and will look into it. It seems that this issue is a widespread one, and not just for me, as fellow F-16 drivers not in VR are not reporting the same issues. As stated earlier, neither the keybinds, nor the cockpit switches and dials were working for me.

2 - So as this appears to be a bug, therefore it does belong on this page. Just because it doesn't affect you, does not mean that others aren't having issues. But thank you for your input as it only helps confirm that non-VR users don't seem to be affected.

1 - Apologies, my mistake, it was late and I was tired, so I accidentally posted on the wrong thread.

As stated earlier, I'm in VR, but I forgot to mention that I was using the latest patch. It seems that VR is severely bugged, especially lighting, so what may work for you in pancake mode (2D), may not work for us in VR. ED are apparently aware of the issue and will look into it. It seems that this issue is a widespread one, and not just for me, as fellow F-16 drivers not in VR are not reporting the same issues. As stated earlier, neither the keybinds, nor the cockpit switches and dials were working for me.

2 - So as this appears to be a bug, therefore it does belong on this page. Just because it doesn't affect you, does not mean that others aren't having issues. But thank you for your input as it only helps confirm that non-VR users don't seem to be affected.

I have no issue adjust HUD brightness in VR with the latest patch. Make sure you clear out your fxo and metashaders 2 folder from your saved games DCS folder. Also then run a DCS repair.

If you wish to adjust the hud brightness downwards simply roll down the top left rotary on the ICP next to the com1 button. If you’re flying at night then you may well need to turn it down to almost off to get it dim enough to use in dark conditions but it works fine for me in my Rift-S.

attachment.php?attachmentid=227637&stc=1&d=1581825619

8D52F16E-722E-4521-84F8-F8DD6B55D761.jpeg.efd9c10d037e23222e58b342542d132e.jpeg

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Huh, so after following your advice and clearing out all my shader folders etc, the HUD brightness switch does indeed seem to work. One last question, is there a way to dim the 3 landing gear indication lights? they're dazzlingly bright if flying at night time.