[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Found what the noise was. I disabled the flaps sound in the SSA and it went away. not sure why it was intermittently making that noise though. I would even be on the ground and it would be doing it

Did you fly a plane with auto flaps/slats? If so, the flaps are moved a lot but only a bit. SSA spins up the motors but then DCS says, that the flaps already stop. Thus SSA has to stop the motors. This might produce this "beeping" sound

Hello Andre,

i installed the SimShaker Sound Module. I have a onboard sound card (realtek) and a dedicated soundcard (creative xfi).

Both cards are 5.1 and all channels are working. But both don't work with simshaker. First message:

21:37:1.783 SimShaker Sound Module | Version 2.12

21:37:2.134 Could not find stored output device. Trying to use default output device 2- Realtek® Audio

after switching to xfi:

Thank you for using SimShaker software!

Visit me .....

21:4:28.830 SimShaker Sound Module | Version 2.12

21:4:29.20 NaudioPlaybackEngine: could not initialize playback device.Exception from HRESULT: 0x88890008

message realtek:

21:22:26.533 SimShaker Sound Module | Version 2.12

21:22:26.773 NaudioPlaybackEngine: please check if required ASIO driver is presented

I installed SimShaker as admin, give all network rights and disable the windows firewall. I run win10. Can you may help me with this?

Update: Now SimShaker doas not start anymore. I added the error.log

Update2: After reinstall and setting up everything as mono (both soundcards stero mode) it works at least with the realtek, but not with xfi and not in

5.1 mode. I'm confused :-)))

Edited by vJaBoG32_Siddharta

Hello vJaBoG32_Siddharta,

HRESULT: 0x88890008 means that the sound card does not support the specified format.

https://www.hresult.info/FACILITY_AUDCLNT/0x88890008

5.1 mode requires ASIO driver for the sound card to be installed. Please pay attention to SimShaker Sound Module User Guide https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/p/user-guides.html

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F410/Andre will sim shaker for aviators do anything over the default jetseat software? I you two are the go to guys for dcs and sound as far as I know. Ideally I’d like my setup to be the best available. I want the helmet sounds to come through the headphones then I’d like something for in cockpit sounds, then something for outside sounds and of course I’ll be using the jetseat from Andre. How would I do this? Multiple sounds cards or one 7.1 or two 5.1 sound setups, do I need to run the sound to an amp or mixer external to the computer? Would that transducer that mounts to the sim frame or seat add anything over the jetseat?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

It's on my list ;) But I'm still waiting to get my fingers on it...

If you need a beta tester for it, I'm on the Alpha ;)

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F410/Andre will sim shaker for aviators do anything over the default jetseat software? I you two are the go to guys for dcs and sound as far as I know. Ideally I’d like my setup to be the best available. I want the helmet sounds to come through the headphones then I’d like something for in-cockpit sounds, then something for outside sounds and of course I’ll be using the jetseat from Andre. How would I do this? Multiple sounds cards or one 7.1 or two 5.1 sound setups, do I need to run the sound to an amp or mixer external to the computer? Would that transducer that mounts to the sim frame or seat add anything over the jetseat?

I'll take a go at answering this.

If I'm correct, what you're asking for is for the DCS sounds to come out of your computer speakers, whilst the DCS helmet sounds come out of your headphones, and you can use some more transducers as well as your jet seat to add additional sensation to your simulator setup.

If this is the case, DCS now supports the ability to send different sounds to different audio devices natively

Capture.jpg

That way you can tell it to send your audio from DCS to 2 separate devices.

Next, for the additional transducers, sure, you could hook them up to the same output as your speakers, but they'd just mimic audio outputs, not the simulation events that the Jetseat provides.

What would be good for your setup however is to find a way to connect multiple devices to the SimShaker for Aviators tool, and either purchase another Jetseat and connect its transducers to your simulator frame, or find a way to hook these other transducers up to the same outputs on your existing Jetseat, but I would doubt it has enough power for any additional transducers.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was just wondering why there was no longer any gunfire effect for the F-16?

Currently using Ver. Beta 1.3.9.4.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you using unlimited ammo? Maybe the new DCS update?

Are you using unlimited ammo? Maybe the new DCS update?

Nope - just doing what I was doing when it used to work. Took a break from DCS for 2 months while waiting for Viper functionality - came back, no gun effects - updated SSA to latest beta, no gun effects.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope - just doing what I was doing when it used to work. Took a break from DCS for 2 months while waiting for Viper functionality - came back, no gun effects - updated SSA to latest beta, no gun effects.

Ok, DCS is still updating on my side. I'll have a look once it's updated ...

In the Mi-8, Soundmodule verbose logging is outputting messages like this:

20:59:18.385 Audio sample h_2_0_1_RB not found

And I can see that SSA is emitting UDP messages like this:

h_2_0_1_LS~4~50
h_2_0_1_RS~4~50
h_2_0_1_LB~4~50
h_2_0_1_RB~4~10
h_2_0_1~0~0~0
h_2_0_1_LS~0~0~0
h_2_0_1_RS~0~0~0
h_2_0_1_LB~0~0~0
h_2_0_1_RB~0~0~0

Turning off "Main Rotor Whirl High" in SSA stops the messages (and a rumble effect this is working).

Am I missing some samples? Thanks.

Edited by Jarpy

Its working on my side with my dev version. I need to test it with the release version tomorrow...

@All: Anyone else with issues regarding the gun effect?

This looks really awesome. I'd love to get a JetSeat as it seems like it would bring incredible immersion in DCS. However, I'm very worried that there will be so many issues after patches ec. that I'll end up getting frustrated and just give up the whole thing. Before I was really patient and had all the time in the world, but considering I have very little time now that I'm a father, I just can't take the risk. I really hope ED will bring native support for this awesome solution for us home simmers.

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.

This looks really awesome. I'd love to get a JetSeat as it seems like it would bring incredible immersion in DCS. However, I'm very worried that there will be so many issues after patches ec. that I'll end up getting frustrated and just give up the whole thing. Before I was really patient and had all the time in the world, but considering I have very little time now that I'm a father, I just can't take the risk. I really hope ED will bring native support for this awesome solution for us home simmers.

Never had any real issues in over 2 years on open beta, sometimes you have to wait a few days for a new aircraft to be added but it hugely increases immersion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is well worth the cost and the software updates automatically. Sometimes it gets hung up by AV during updates but that is when you are sitting in front of the PC. Hopefully this can be resolved by the developer in the future. The added immersion is amazing and well...who doesn’t like a massage chair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the Mi-8, Soundmodule verbose logging is outputting messages like this:

20:59:18.385 Audio sample h_2_0_1_RB not found

And I can see that SSA is emitting UDP messages like this:

h_2_0_1_LS~4~50
h_2_0_1_RS~4~50
h_2_0_1_LB~4~50
h_2_0_1_RB~4~10
h_2_0_1~0~0~0
h_2_0_1_LS~0~0~0
h_2_0_1_RS~0~0~0
h_2_0_1_LB~0~0~0
h_2_0_1_RB~0~0~0

Turning off "Main Rotor Whirl High" in SSA stops the messages (and a rumble effect this is working).

Am I missing some samples? Thanks.

I think those missed samples are intended for more precise g feeling effect which targeted to vibrating pads only, not for bass-shakers. In SimShaker Sound Module presented h_2_0_1 sample for base effect.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]