Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Unfortunately, most static objects are not listed by DCS World during the telemetry export...

This is something I would like to improve. Maybe next time I will do a pass on the exporter I will find a workaround this limitation.

Meanwhile you can try to place unattended non-static vehicles for aircraft and other parked vehicles on the ground vehicles, this may help to better judge ground attacks inside Tacview.

I have a Tacview 1.8.1 Standard.

About static objects that are created in the mission as target.

I do not see them when watching! I see all air defense objects, all airplanes, but there are no static objects-targets!

How to make them appear? Is it possible ..?

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Steam licenses can work only with the Steam edition of Tacview.

I have done some tests, and I was able to launch Steam Tacview on one computer while running another Steam game on another computer.

I have just ignored the warning from Steam and Tacview was able to continue to run on my laptop. You may also be able to run it in off-line mode (this will not prevent Tacview network features from working).

Tomorrow is the last day of the holiday sale!

Announcing Tacview's HOLIDAY SALE 2019: 40% off Tacview Standard and Advanced from December 19th, 2019 to January 5th, 2020 inclusive.

To upgrade your existing Standard license to Advanced at an equivalent discount, send us an email at support@tacview.net and we'll respond as soon as we can.

https://tacview.net/purchase/

1207727967650144257.png

• 3 weeks later...

Lunar New Year Sale from January 23rd to 27th: 33% off all Tacview editions!

Announcing Tacview's Lunar New Year Sale: 33% off Tacview Standard and Advanced from January 23rd to 27th.

To upgrade from Tacview Standard to Tacview Advanced at an equivalent discount, send us an email at support@tacview.net

Happy flying!

tacview-sale-lunar-33off-en.png

Hi Vyrtuoz,

I have a suggestion for a feature. We usually setup 'persistent' missions in our group that include units that are hidden from the briefing/ME map (such as, for example, mobile SAM sites). The issue is that, when we use TacView for debriefing, we will automatically gain intel on all of these.

Would it be possible to have a TacView option to filter out these units from the acmi? I understand that in some contexts it is interesting to have them shown (like, for example, if engaged) but maybe you can come with an idea. Even something like LotATC's option of ignoring a unit when the name contains a certain string would give some flexibility.

Edited by Ahmed

Hi Ahmed,

It should be possible to create a Lua add-on which will unload any object whose name contains a certain string.

Can you send me an .acmi file containing several objects whose name contains a certain string indicating that it should be hidden, and several other objects not to be hidden, so I can play around with it?

Hi Vyrtuoz,

I have a suggestion for a feature. We usually setup 'persistent' missions in our group that include units that are hidden from the briefing/ME map (such as, for example, mobile SAM sites). The issue is that, when we use TacView for debriefing, we will automatically gain intel on all of these.

Would it be possible to have a TacView option to filter out these units from the acmi? I understand that in some contexts it is interesting to have them shown (like, for example, if engaged) but maybe you can come with an idea. Even something like LotATC's option of ignoring a unit when the name contains a certain string would give some flexibility.

I've been some time away from DCS and Tacview, but I remember from an earlier version that if a flight was selected, all events related to that flight was highlighted in the Playback control bar. This highlight appears to be gone in my version 1.8.1. Can I get it back somehow?

There was also a list of connected clients, but now I can only find a large list of Active Objects that can be very large in some missions. Can the older list be found somewhere?

Tacview 1.8.2 is out!

Tacview 1.8.2 is now available on tacview.net and Steam!

Download: http://tacview.net/download

• Release Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020
  • Operating System: Windows® 32-bit / 64-bit
  • File Size: 385.7 MB

This update introduces new tools for professional debriefings, as well as numerous improvements, optimizations, and fixes for your favorite simulators.

Thanks to the community and to our professional partners for all the invaluable feedback and suggestions throughout the last few months!

Vyrtuoz

FEATURES & CHANGES

• ADDED support for DCS: JF-17 Thunder
  • ADDED support for A-4E-C for DCS World
  • ADDED support for MB-339A for DCS World
  • ADDED latest DCS: Normandy 1944 Map and runways
  • ADDED Time-Jump tool to quickly go at a specific time
  • ADDED Polish translation by Michał Plichta (work in progress)
  • ADDED IL-2 pilot name auto-fix add-on by BuzyBee
  • ADDED support for pilot’s head movements (XP11)
  • ADDED Radar range & field of view is now supported and displayed in the 3D view when available
  • ADDED Kurile Island 1.3a for BMS
  • ADDED Database Builder add-on to easily create new objects database with Tacview Enterprise
  • ADDED support for sorting/dpi in the event-log importer
  • ADDED numerous objects and 3D models to the database
  • ADDED x20 playback speed
  • ADDED Ctrl/Page Up/Down to move quickly forward/backward in time
  • ADDED to set real-time telemetry and remote-control ports to 0 will disable them in DCS World
  • ADDED support for DMS coordinates in terrain custom textures declaration
  • IMPROVED 3D models are now loaded in background for faster debriefing startup
  • IMPROVED updated Earth magnetic field up to 2025 (IGRF-13)
  • IMPROVED labels are now always visible, they do not interact anymore with the terrain
  • IMPROVED camera behavior and auto-selection when starting a new debriefing
  • IMPROVED object height is now always represented even for selected objects
  • IMPROVED heavy shells trails are now thicker
  • IMPROVED KML track files are now considered as FixedWing objects
  • IMPROVED right-click to edit an unknown object from the 3D view
  • IMPROVED registration and Squawk are now always displayed regardless of the distance from the observer
  • IMPROVED registration and Squawk are now exported in csv and xml the flight logs
  • IMPROVED error messages in the event-log importer
  • IMPROVED only a few official add-ons are now enabled by default to not overload the UI
  • IMPROVED it is now possible to store add-ons and the database in C:\Tacview\
  • IMPROVED Time-Shift tool direction has been inverted to make it more intuitive
  • IMPROVED resilience to typos in latitude/longitude coordinates in various data
  • OPTIMIZED xml documents loading time
  • REMOVED DCS World client telemetry password option (was too confusing)

FIXES

• FIXED Blue events for selected objects were not displayed anymore in the timeline
  • FIXED "cubes" exported by IL-2 are now filtered-out and masked
  • FIXED Time slider tooltip was always displaying zulu time instead of local as requested
  • FIXED if DCS exporter profiling period was set to 0 it would spam the log
  • FIXED Objects tagged as [static] will not display trails anymore
  • FIXED Launching the Steam edition of Tacview from the command line or Windows Explorer was displaying a warning
  • FIXED 32-bit Tacview could re-start via Steam in some edge cases
  • FIXED radar-lock lines from the event-long were not always removed
  • FIXED It was not always possible to visualise an object time-shifted into the future
  • FIXED Incomplete Dynon SkyView efis csv files are now gracefully handled
  • FIXED UTF-8 file names are now supported by Lua lfs.dir() and lfs.attributes() functions
  • FIXED SDK function Telemetry.Load() does not display error message anymore
  • FIXED several errors in the C# SDK
  • FIXED Automatic creation of ProgramData/Tacview folder as admin could preventing other users from accessing it
  • FIXED Tacview would not sleep after having loaded an acmi file (regression from 1.8.0)

tacview-182-time-jump.png

Edited by Vyrtuoz

Here it goes.

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback. I think I am starting to have an idea how you could get this behavior.

Can you tell me if there are any other folder than Steam which contains the dll steam_api64.dll on your system?

Hi,

I did install Tacview 1.8.1 standalone again and the same happens:

Click on the 64-bit EXE and a prompt opens to install the Steam version;

Click on the 32-bit version and everything works OK.

I use a non-admin user for everything, with a non-default 'Documents' folder. Anyway I tested installing Tacview on the admin user (with a default 'Documents' folder) and the same happened.

DCS has 1.8.1 written on the Tacview thumbnail and the chat/messages when in mission also show Tacview 1.8.1 logging, so it is working properly in the background.

Cheers!

Hi,

Problem solved with 1.8.2.

Cheers:pilotfly:

I've been some time away from DCS and Tacview, but I remember from an earlier version that if a flight was selected, all events related to that flight was highlighted in the Playback control bar. This highlight appears to be gone in my version 1.8.1. Can I get it back somehow?

This was a regression in Tacview 1.8.1 which is fixed in the new Tacview 1.8.2

There was also a list of connected clients, but now I can only find a large list of Active Objects that can be very large in some missions. Can the older list be found somewhere?

The Active Objects list is intended to be an improvement. If there is a spamming issue, can you please share your mission or track file as well as a screenshot so I can take a look.

Question: Recently bought Tacview Advanced version 1.8.1. Nifty program indeed !

Now that version 1.8.2 is out, is it just a matter of installing the latter version in the same directory as the existing old v1.8.1 to update, or should I first uninstall version 1.8.1 and only then install the latest v1.8.2 ?

Kind Regards

"This medical officer has used my ship to carry his genitals from port to port, and my officers to carry him from bar to bar" -- British Officer Combat Report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| VKB GunFighter II (Rev.B pin) + MCG-Pro | VIRPIL MongoosT-50 | MFG CrossWind | TrackIR5 | MonsterTech Throttle Mount | Win10Pro | MSI GTX 1660Ti | i7-4790K CPU | 16GB RAM | 1080p/144Hz Monitor | DCS on Samsung SSD 850 Pro |

I am glad to hear you are enjoying Tacview. Just download and run the 1.8.2 installer and it will automatically replace the 1.8.1 - no need to uninstall anything.

Question: Recently bought Tacview Advanced version 1.8.1. Nifty program indeed !

Now that version 1.8.2 is out, is it just a matter of installing the latter version in the same directory as the existing old v1.8.1 to update, or should I first uninstall version 1.8.1 and only then install the latest v1.8.2 ?

Kind Regards

Hi Ahmed,

It should be possible to create a Lua add-on which will unload any object whose name contains a certain string.

Can you send me an .acmi file containing several objects whose name contains a certain string indicating that it should be hidden, and several other objects not to be hidden, so I can play around with it?

Hi BuzyBee, thanks for the offer. I considered that approach of having a LUA add-on but this would be a client-side solution, right? Nothing would impede someone from not using it an accessing the units that I'm trying to hide. It would need a serverside solution

Hi BuzyBee, thanks for the offer. I considered that approach of having a LUA add-on but this would be a client-side solution, right? Nothing would impede someone from not using it an accessing the units that I'm trying to hide. It would need a serverside solution

It seems to me that since the exporter already exports all objects it's not possible to go back and prevent the export of some objects - users would be able to use older versions of the exporter to export all objects.

If you have your own server, you could disable telemetry export, and clean up your own recording before posting it for others to see.

I. New to tacview when you install it does it configure it for copying the data from your ac but how does it get the data for the other ac does it work with ai? Or do I need to setup up a server side app. Right now I’m running the client side but haven’t used any of the tacview imagery yet since I’m having other problems so is just opening tacview enough to be able to use it and does it need to be running in the background while dcs is running? No I have read the manual or watch many tacview videos. Be busy try to rebuild my laptop after a crash because I ran out of hd space which shouldn’t happen when I’m done installing all the ssds one sata and four m.2 names mainly 4tb for the sata 2tb for a couple of the m.2s that will run xp11 and dcs smaller for the os and other apps.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Hi BlacleyCole,

Just install Tacview and then fly in DCS World as usual. Tacview does not need to be running in the background. When you have closed DCS, open Tacview and open the .acmi file which was generated - it should be in your Documents\Tacview\ folder.

Here is some more information:

https://tacview.fandom.com/wiki/User_Guide_%E2%80%93_DCS_World

I. New to tacview when you install it does it configure it for copying the data from your ac but how does it get the data for the other ac does it work with ai? Or do I need to setup up a server side app. Right now I’m running the client side but haven’t used any of the tacview imagery yet since I’m having other problems so is just opening tacview enough to be able to use it and does it need to be running in the background while dcs is running? No I have read the manual or watch many tacview videos. Be busy try to rebuild my laptop after a crash because I ran out of hd space which shouldn’t happen when I’m done installing all the ssds one sata and four m.2 names mainly 4tb for the sata 2tb for a couple of the m.2s that will run xp11 and dcs smaller for the os and other apps.

Whenever you press RAlt + B during your flight, DCS World exporter will insert a bookmark in the event log. These bookmarks are clearly identified in Tacview, so you should be able to quickly jump to one or another during your debriefing session.

Is there any way to remap it to use a different key combination?

Hi plobue,

What aircraft are you flying?

Radar lock information is currently available only with Flaming Cliffs aircraft.

In future updates we will try to add this feature for other aircraft.

Found it!

I'd like to give this a little bump.

I was wondering why I couldn't see any kinds of radar locks or anything I might attribute to a lock.

I'm training SEAD and being able to see when search radar is seeing me and when I'm being tracked would be immense training help, but since the quoted post is already many months old I don't imagine a solution will be forthcoming in the near future.

So baring radar tracking display, is there any way to for example set a bookmark live in the Trackview recording that I can use to recognize events, like when RWR starts getting radar hits, or RWR says I'm being tracked? Probably not, but asking costs this much =><=

Oh, one more thing, SA-10 SAM's 5V55R missiles have a range of just under 40nm and the lethal dome trackview shows is 27 nm, which is way short of reality.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hi Captain Orso,

Indeed radar locks for non-Flaming Cliffs aircraft is a long term goal for us. :)

You can set a bookmark by using RAlt + B.

We tested the SA-10 SAM's 5V55R missile range ourselves and determined that 27nm is appropriate. Do you have a flight recording showing a lethal hit at much more than 27nm?

Found it!

I'd like to give this a little bump.

I was wondering why I couldn't see any kinds of radar locks or anything I might attribute to a lock.

I'm training SEAD and being able to see when search radar is seeing me and when I'm being tracked would be immense training help, but since the quoted post is already many months old I don't imagine a solution will be forthcoming in the near future.

So baring radar tracking display, is there any way to for example set a bookmark live in the Trackview recording that I can use to recognize events, like when RWR starts getting radar hits, or RWR says I'm being tracked? Probably not, but asking costs this much =><=

Oh, one more thing, SA-10 SAM's 5V55R missiles have a range of just under 40nm and the lethal dome trackview shows is 27 nm, which is way short of reality.

You can't remap it yourself but we might be able to - what key combination would make more sense for you?

Just something that is easy to get to quickly. Maybe the backtick key (below the Esc key).

Ideally, I'd like to map it to the joystick button. I've been playing around with a little Autohotkey script. I can map a button to LAlt-B which brings up the mission briefing, but for some reason, mapping it to RAlt-B doesn't invoke the Tacview bookmark. It is just ignored.

Would there be any way for you to have it included in the DCS mapping screen?

Just something that is easy to get to quickly. Maybe the backtick key (below the Esc key).

Ideally, I'd like to map it to the joystick button. I've been playing around with a little Autohotkey script. I can map a button to LAlt-B which brings up the mission briefing, but for some reason, mapping it to RAlt-B doesn't invoke the Tacview bookmark. It is just ignored.

Would there be any way for you to have it included in the DCS mapping screen?

Sure, we like the idea of using the backtick key below the ESC key. We will include it in the DCS mapping screen in a coming update.