Game Causing PC Hard Crash - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-26-2020, 03:15 AM   #21
mlawson1217

This was built by NZXT BLD and I don't 100% believe that they actually swapped things out like they said. But I found a loose screw in it too (turned out to be for an LED strip) so don't know what to think. This is actually the only game which is ridiculous.

I do use NZXT CAM. All looks fine but maybe I should turn down the default amps? Its at 60 at the moment for both pins by default.

Thanks for all the help everyone I'll update you if I find anything that helps fix this tomorrow.
mlawson1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:04 AM   #22
frogger

i had this same error and pc would crash/freeze and id have to restart the pc . i threw a different psu in it and flew for a few hours without issues. sucks because a week ago my good motherboard got fried and i couldnt figure it out as the old psu seems to work perfectly fine. just lucky it didnt fry the cheap backup. ill keep updated if i get issues again.
frogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 03:09 PM   #23
Worrazen

PSUs can be sneaky, it's very easy to get confused with rails and amps, Wattage doesn't really mean that much as it's being portrayed.

I was absolutely capping the +12V line in terms of amps and didn't even knew it as the previous PSU was just that good and kept chugging along, that's why I was getting weird behavior in other cases (like weird drops of screen going black but PC still running, freezes, BSODs), even tho all games worked and I played them fine.

So now I got a proper single-rail PSU, actually this model has a physical switch to make it single or multi-rail, but I will never by multi-rail only PSUs again if I can, it takes planning and it takes a well calculated approach, which I don't want to be bothered with as I change components and modify my system on almost a tri monhly basis as I maintain it, upgrade HDDs, change stuff around, more HDDs, changing this, that, etc. Multi-Rail would be fine for like OEM when the PC is under warranty and nothing will be changed from the specs in the beginning for that period.
DCS-Setup: Win10 x64 1607/14393, 1440p@75"32, MOBO: Asus P9X79, CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 4.0GHz, GPU: Radeon RX 480 8GB, 24 GB RAM @ 1333 Mhz, DCS on SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, Saitek Cyborg X/FLY5 joystick.
Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, WW2AP, CA, FC3.
Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf,

Last edited by Worrazen; 01-27-2020 at 03:12 PM.
Worrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 03:56 PM   #24
hansangb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlawson1217 View Post
This was built by NZXT BLD and I don't 100% believe that they actually swapped things out like they said. But I found a loose screw in it too (turned out to be for an LED strip) so don't know what to think. This is actually the only game which is ridiculous.

I do use NZXT CAM. All looks fine but maybe I should turn down the default amps? Its at 60 at the moment for both pins by default.

Thanks for all the help everyone I'll update you if I find anything that helps fix this tomorrow.

I said the same thing about PUBG. "it's the only game that does it, it must be PUBG" But you're getting BSOD, where I was getting power off.

How many memory sticks do you have? I'd start taking them out (in pairs or singly depending on your layout) to isolate a bad memory chip. Running MEMTEST for 24 hours didn't catch it in my case. grr.
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:36 AM   #25
BitMaster
Veteran

FYI // Maybe OT::

DP Pin20 Power issue can cause hardware failure and damage according to Dell Technical Support.

I am myself troubleshooting such a situation with a brand new Dell combo, all came from Dell, PC, Monitor 4k DP, Cable came with Monitor, keyboard mouse, everything.

The Dell guy comes on Monday visiting our customer, replacing the mobo and PSU to exclude possible damage.

Yes, we changed the DP cable to one that Dell has sent that is said to not have that Pin active.

If that is your source of problem, good luck.

* In our case, the PC turn ON but come to a halt after about 2-5 seconds, Before the Dell Logo shows up, far before the OS gets involved. If we turn the PC on with the monitor turned OFF and wait to turn it on until the Logo shows it's all well. Dell is trying to solve it for a few months now with no success. Now we will see if new parts do the trick.
Asus Strix Z370-E - Intel i7-8700K@5G_delidded - 32GB - Asus 1080GTX-Ti Poseidon retrofitted EK-waterblock - 1x 960Evo 250GB - 2x 850Pro 256GB Raid-0 - 32GB PageFile - 2x Seagate 2TB - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@4x180mm fans - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" WQHD Gsync 144Hz - Oculus Rift VR - G.Skill KM570 RGB Cherry MX Red - Win10Pro64 - Slave to the Machine
BitMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gpu