MagzTV Video

KLaFaille

You have clearly some huge issues with reading and understanding, so i try to put out a more clear statement in the most easy words possible for me (as i'm not a native speaker):

It is not true that other games fix issues faster.

I never ever did say that!

I even can't get my head wrapped around how you get that out of my words? It is like we talking about a blue t-shirt and i said "hey, this t-shirt isn't green." And you are like "Oh you just said this t-shirt is red! But it is clearly not red, how stupid! Everything you say is wrong!"

I get English is not your first language. But you literally said other games don't fix issues faster than ED. Those are your words. This is blatantly false as I referred to several examples. Does this make sense now?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

The worst thing was comparing it to SC, which is a buggy mess, it's in pre alpha, and has been on pre alpha for a long, long time, it should have come out 5 years ago (I'm an original backer from november of 2012) and has earned a lot more money than ED has with their, well, pixel ships at 300-500-1000 dollars each.

This is where he lost me as well, though it wasn't the only red flag, it was the largest. To compare ED to CR and Star Citizen is laughable. Both come out with new patches that can tend to break things, but the breaks are far, far more severe in SC. SC has infinitely more resources than ED does as well, and I always get a chuckle when people complain about the high price for modules in DCS when they could be facing those SC prices for less actual systems and flight dynamics fidelity (as someone who backed more than any sane person should before finally stopping myself). He would have been on much more solid ground had he compared it to another flight sim that putters around in the WWII genre.

As for his overall points...meh. He's decided he's going to go back to Stable and fly there, and he's not going to advertise for ED anymore. Fair enough. It's his platform. There are plenty of content creators who will continue to review copies they get, and SOME of which will still give honest impressions.

If ED caves to the pressure given by the community and starts pulling back releases till they're near perfect (which would certainly slow down releases), I hope I can be slipped into the closed beta team. I understand why a lot of people don't like Stable intrinsically because it doesn't offer the latest and greatest kit, or because Stable isn't as stable as they want it to be, and would rather everyone be forced not to get new toys until its near-bug-free. But as long as ED doesn't become the true dumpster fire that SC is most of the time, I'm fine with being a part of OB, being annoyed at the bugs, but not the existence of OB itself. I accept OB for what it is and prefer to get that first look and occasionally throw a bug report up or support other reports. ED claims this helps them immensely, and I don't doubt their good faith on that.

I get English is not your first language. But you literally said other games don't fix issues faster than ED. Those are your words. This is blatantly false as I referred to several examples. Does this make sense now?

No. Really. Saying that there are other games that do not fix issues faster than ED and saying no other games fix issues faster than ED is different for me. Look at the t-shirt example. Where is the problem here? Help me to improve my english.

Maybe that statement from me should read:

"It is not true that all other games fix issues faster."

But is this so hard to understand? Wasn't it possible to get my point from context?

Because for me the statement "other animals are mammals" is true if i look at a fish and it is different from "all other animals are mammals" if i look at that one fish.

We can surely discuss semantics here and even it would certanly improve my english. But where is the contribution to the topic of this thread then?

Edited by The_Dan

Why is it false?

The Bugs with DM and Radar are fixed in current OB so will not be introduced in stable. To take the most recent example. A lot of the bugs encountered the past month didn't make their way in the stable. Though there are exceptions which i admit. But it is still not true that every bug made it into stable.

In the C&C remastered games from this month the path finding for the units, especially the harvesters are still horrible. A bug not fixed since 25 years now. The bug i mentioned from TW:WH2 is where the warp sphere bugs cities with heros in garrison is at least 5 month old. You can't use this cities until you completely whipe out the faction that city belongs to. With the new patch few weeks ago, they introduced additional bugs for Ikrits special buldings in Skavenblight instead of fixing the old bug. That game is unplayable for me more than 9 month now. I have random connection problems in Monster Hunter World since release two years ago, that prevents succesful multiplayer games regularly. And the new Add-On released some month ago made it worse. ARMA 2 & 3 still have CTDs and other things like unusable save games.

And Star Citizen mentioned by MagzTV is just a big bugfest and times between updates are very long. Nice for him, that he doesn't get CTDs and all the freezes and endless load screens in SC, but i have this nearly every time i play it. Skyrim, Fallout 3, NV and 4 are full of unresolved bugs that likely never get fixed as the devs moved on to Fallout 76 and guess what? They made a bug hell out of it.

If you have a complex game that doesn't has any bugs, nice for you. But that doesn't invalidate my statements.

I completely agree. Games are a lot more complex now, and DCS is specially complex because it is not only a game, nope. It is a collection of modules running on a common framework. This is not the LOMAC, Flaming Cliffs, A-10 or Ka-50 that were stand alone games, it is A LOT more complex, and with complexity bugs come. If you have ever coded, you know how hard it is to solve bugs. I used to code when I was young, with my first computer and going to computer science in college. it was maddening. This is several magnitudes harder.

On top of that, this game, as many others, is constantly evolving. They add new features, optimize others, add new planes, maps. A closed game is hard enough to be bug free, an evolving one, is just impossible. I play a lot of these games, none are bug free, and they will never be. You either accept that this is the nature of the beast, or go play something far simpler, like F-14 Fleet Defender.