DCS Edge 540

Ercoupe

Simpit guy here....was curious about editing the default.lua so i could add the fuel selector, mag switch, boost switch etc to bind to a switch in my simpit....unfortunately the clickabledata.lua file is encrypted. I also noticed that mixture isnt a bindable axis as well.

Why the encryption and would it be possible to add keybinds for controllers for all clickable cockpit functions?

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

There was some issue in getting the mixture tied to an axis. They were looking into it, but it got moved to low priority as they were fixing a bunch of other things. I will try to get more details on the situation.

Files are encrypted not only to protect how things were done with the Edge, but also to keep people from making modifications for performance improvements since this is designed to be flown in VARS (Virtual Air Racing Series).

As far as adding additional keybinds, will make sure they are in the suggestions box.

Hi Shahdoh,

First, thank you for a wonderful module - really a great fun to fly!!!!

Could you please let us know what control inputs you use to get the Edge to spin (upright, inverted, whatever) and tumble (e.g. lomecevak)? I've been trying and trying the last few days, and I can't figure out the correct control sequence (the standard approach doesn't seem to work for me). I managed to kinda-sort-of get it in a consistent upright spin (to the right and certainly not flat!) last night, but when I tried a second time, I couldn't repeat it. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Doc

Will have to see if someone else can answer those questions. I do know that there are still certain aerobatic maneuvers this edge will not do that well. It is tuned more for the racing aspect than aerobatics.

That being said, the team is also working on an Extra 330 (probably have seen posts on the forums about it already) that will be tuned more for the aerobatic side and have better spins, snaps and tumbles. That is taking a bit longer for them to get accurate but word is relatively soon.

This mod cases in game Encyclopedia to hang. Anyone else experience this?

Here is what you need to fix the Encyclopedia hang.

Copy the attached file to this location in the mod:

..\Saved Games\<DCS install name>\Mods\aircraft\Edge 540\Encyclopedia\Plane

This is our first official hotfix! Thanks again for bringing it to our attention.

Edge540.txt

Here is what you need to fix the Encyclopedia hang.

Copy the attached file to this location in the mod:

..\Saved Games\<DCS install name>\Mods\aircraft\Edge 540\Encyclopedia\Plane

This is our first official hotfix! Thanks again for bringing it to our attention.

That worked. Thank you for quick response. Love the plane.

• Like 1

Will have to see if someone else can answer those questions. I do know that there are still certain aerobatic maneuvers this edge will not do that well. It is tuned more for the racing aspect than aerobatics.

That being said, the team is also working on an Extra 330 (probably have seen posts on the forums about it already) that will be tuned more for the aerobatic side and have better spins, snaps and tumbles. That is taking a bit longer for them to get accurate but word is relatively soon.

Thanks, Shahdoh. Best wishes for finishing the Edge and I very much look forward to trying out the Extra whenever it's ready.

not sure how someone could gain an edge (pun intended) with an unencrypted clickabledata.lua file but ok....if all clickable items are in the default.lua i can setup that so my pit will work....hope that is something theyd consider doing sometime.....thanks for the reply and thank you guys for your work!

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Practiced spins some more tonight. It's weird, but you can definitely get the V.A.R.S. Edge to spin - at least inverted. What seems to work for me is to start from a knife-edge and then add rudder as if entering a KE-loop. Once past the vertical, keep full rudder and modulate the opposite aileron input until the spin is established. Exit as usual with opposite rudder and elevator. The inverted spin works the same way to the left or to the right. I have yet to figure out the upright flat spin, but it may be possible, too. Anyway, here's the video from tonight's flight: No precision aerobatics in this one - just experimenting with control inputs to get the spins going...

Just tried this out tonight.

Big thumbs up from me, LOT of fun. Keep up the good work guys!

My thanks.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

MP3 play through headset???????

Is this in the works or even possible? i use external speakers for external sounds and headset for the obvious Commms side of DCS. Since ED made the audio split (THANK GOD it finally happened!!!), Bitchin betty screams in your headset as she should......and so should heavy metal music.....LOUD!

Is there any ongoing development on the Flight Dynamics of the Edge? I mean it looks absolutely stunning, but the Flightmodel is really lacking any gyroscopic effects. So much power, but you don't need any rudder input during takeoff run. You can climb vertically into the sky without any Aileron oder Rudder input. I've never flown an Edge in RL, but every Cessna in every Flightsimulator is harder to handle like this overpowered plane.

WOW, this Edge 540 is becoming very quickly my favorite airplane. The team behind this project deserves the accolades of anybody that enjoys and follows Flight Sims. Thank you guys, a job very well done!

I just hope for the brakes, soon! Two weeks?

Awesome job,

Cuco Negron

San Juan, PR

Nah... I think everyone would prefer that everyone have 1.1...

Hard to find you say? Isn't it on the discord in place of the older link?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried this with some friends on my server and i couldn't get the thing to move at all on the ground. Tried 3 different spawns, no luck what so ever. Friends could take any of the planes and move no problem though.

Controls seem fine, i can plant it on its nose with enough throttle and pitch, but it will rotate around the wheels...

Brakes i can't see anything moving with, either inverted or not, but it does seem like they are on and super powerful no matter what i do. I tried removing/resetting all controls and it still wouldn't move.

Gave up for tonight, will add some air starts and see if it locks up on landing later etc.

Only differences from me and friends were: I was in VR, had the VR shaders mod, unlocked liveries mod, and a VR scene mod.