Guess what! Easy AAR!

Gregkar

That wouldn't make sense - it'd have to be constant voice corrections. That makes it too slow for reaction time while it has to be fast subconscious muscle reactions.:

Mmmm... For the basket planes I agree because you have better visual feedback. But personally with the eagle (and boom planes in general) it would have helped me LEARN how to react to the guiding lights. Just like jester 'little left," ''little right', see.

IMO a good AAR training mission should also insist heavily on TRIMMING.

Anyway that's not the original topic, sorry about that.:)

Mmmm... For the basket planes I agree because you have better visual feedback. But personally with the eagle (and boom planes in general) it would have helped me LEARN how to react to the guiding lights. Just like jester 'little left," ''little right', see.

IMO a good AAR training mission should also insist heavily on TRIMMING.

Anyway that's not the original topic, sorry about that.:)

Can you properly trim the F-16?!

For me, one little click right the plan rolls right, I click left to correct, the planes then rolls left. Impossible to neutral.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Dunno, sorry. I fly only the Tomcat ATM.

All this discussion made me think again about this joke : 'DCS Supertanker' module. Actually, a module which adds helps to the AAR (like the supercarrier adds helps for carrier ops, like the IFLOLS) for all planes that can refuel, with good, complete training missions, well... I would be interested...

Edited by Pyker

Dunno, sorry. I fly only the Tomcat ATM.

All this discussion made me think again about this joke : 'DCS Supertanker' module. Actually, a module which adds helps to the AAR (like the supercarrier adds helps for carrier ops, like the IFLOLS) for all planes that can refuel, with good, complete training missions, well... I would be interested...

Don't give them the idea, they'll definitely try to sell us this as well, possibly as an unfinished early access with development frozen for months right after release!

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Actually a thought just occurred to me.

I might be wrong but last time I heard ED is working on their new low-fidelity sim called Modern Air Combat.

If so, then I'm sure they are already working on or perhaps already have an easy AAR mode.

It's just a matter of implementing it into DCS when it's ready.

Yup. Definitely. Need more realism. Get rid of one button auto-start procedures, easy radio, unlimited ammo, take off assistants, hot starts and simplified G effects

No one gets to fly anything before passing realistic built-in theoretical and practical exams, just like real pilots. If you cant solve an integral, you have no business flying an F16. Impose a 5G blackout limit, unless you pass a medical that includes a G tolerance test in a centrifuge.Then your actual result is applied in to the game. Lets make it more real, because ED needs to raise the barrier to entry to limit the untenable influx of new players before they further ruin the game by doing stuff like paying for it.

Edited by Vertigo72
  • Like 1

Yup. Definitely. Need more realism. Get rid of one button auto-start procedures, easy radio, unlimited ammo, take off assistants, hot starts and simplified G effects

No one gets to fly anything before passing realistic built-in theoretical and practical exams, just like real pilots. If you cant solve an integral, you have no business flying an F16. Impose a 5G blackout limit, unless you pass a medical that includes a G tolerance test in a centrifuge.Then your actual result is applied in to the game. Lets make it more real, because ED needs to raise the barrier to entry to limit the untenable influx of new players before they further ruin the game by doing stuff like paying for it.

Agreed. Who needs new customers these days anyways? And if one is not willing to spend a few hundreds on top gear, then well, close the door after you leave, right? :thumbup:

• Like 1

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

You failed to understand what simulation is. When I start a mission I expect simulation of a military pilot sitting in the selected aircraft flying or standing in selected space in a selected time. Simulation ends whenever I want.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

You failed to understand what simulation is. When I start a mission I expect simulation of a military pilot sitting in the selected aircraft flying or standing in selected space in a selected time. Simulation ends whenever I want.

And obviously everyone has the same standards as you as to what a simulation is...

• Like 1

Simulation ends whenever I want.

Which is exactly the point. You want to end realism before you would need to prove your theoretical knowledge of Fluid dynamics in a written test. You dont want that part of being a military pilot realistically simulated. Others may want the simulation to end before the point where they need to study a 400 page manual to operate a radar, they prefer not having that part fully realistically simulated. Same with doing AAR. Whats wrong with giving people the options they want?

Edited by Vertigo72
  • Like 1

Or perhaps you are the one who fails at that. A military simulation has several different aspects and to have all in the same package is usually not viable.

A simulator then could focus more on the strategical or tactical aspects of combat. Or, as DCS, more in the Cockpit simulation itself. It could take the Logistics into consideration then perhaps the intricacies of the cockpit would be of no use while still being "ultra-realistic".

Me, speaking for myself, I'm less interested in the cockpit simulation of things and more on the combat itself. The tactics, the weapons employment and how different systems interact with or against each other, so to waste so much time and effort on an ultra realistic AAR or ultra realistic start-up sequence makes no sense. Also, DCS is video game like everything else you find on steam or wherever; meant to entertain, or do you think you make use of DCS to train your skills for...?! :doh:

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Nothing. They would be just moved to MAC.

Just so I understand. You want DCS to simulate a pilot for you with almost superhuman physique to endure 9G, even though you can not. You want that pilot to simulate someone who has passed all kinds of evaluations and practical and physical and psychological and theoretical tests, because, you (probably) can not. You want DCS to simulate that he has received all the required training and proven his abilities to even be allowed to fly, even though you, did not. But simulating a pilot who actually knows how to use his radar (which all of them do), or is able to do AAR, because some other player can not and doesnt care to, thats a red line to you?

IMHO if an optional simplification is already implemented in DCS like easy comms, there is absolutely no reason to remove it. The question arises only for optional simplifications that aren't implemented yet like easier AAR because they would divert resources from ED. Then it is legitimate to debate whether it is sufficient to introduce them in MAC only (considering that nobody knows if/when MAC will be released). It is not a matter of what is right or wrong but what is more profitable for ED. IMHO.

IMHO if an optional simplification is already implemented in DCS like easy comms, there is absolutely no reason to remove it. The question arises only for optional simplifications that aren't implemented yet like easier AAR because they would divert resources from ED. Then it is legitimate to debate whether it is sufficient to introduce them in MAC only (considering that nobody knows if/when MAC will be released). It is not a matter of what is right or wrong but what is more profitable for ED. IMHO.

That is IMHO the only valid reason for not having this feature.

Nevertheless, I think an "Easy AAR" is a good idea.

First, if they're going to include it in MAC (which I'm 99% sure is on the same engine) than applying it to DCS shouldn't be that difficult.

Second it would smooth out the learning curve for new players, possibly reducing their frustration and keeping them onboard for much longer.

It allows AAR for those of us who are physically unable to do it.

Apart from possibly taking resources from other features there is literally no other valid reason for not having it.

• Like 1

That is IMHO the only valid reason for not having this feature.

Nevertheless, I think an "Easy AAR" is a good idea.

First, if they're going to include it in MAC (which I'm 99% sure is on the same engine) than applying it to DCS shouldn't be that difficult.

Second it would smooth out the learning curve for new players, possibly reducing their frustration and keeping them onboard for much longer.

It allows AAR for those of us who are physically unable to do it.

Apart from possibly taking resources from other features there is literally no other valid reason for not having it.

Agree, that's why I said wouldn't mind a simplification. They fanboy nerds wont use it so wont notice it while people who want or need it can have the functionality even if very simplified.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

WOW, this thread exploded.

I am happy to see that there are many who share the same thoughts.

Unfortunately some others are just incapable to understand the meaning of option. Easy AAR seems like a banana, it hurts and makes them too uncomfy.

Well to be honest, your opinion doesn't even matter, this thread was created because ED told me to create it in order for Devs to see the request. So... you guys can cry all day, makes 0 difference actually :D

For those who asked, my personal preference would be: once i make contact and after the "you are taking fuel" message, the a/c stays locked, so i don't have to manually maintain contact all the time.

Have fun and... get a life, it's supercool to have one, trust me.

• Like 1

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

cant be bothered to read 15 pages, really!

Grow some and practice until you can do it, or just select 'unlimited fuel', it's as simple as that - all you need is in the sim already.

OK! if you say so! :doh:

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]