Guess what! Easy AAR!

Gregkar

My two cents of advice here. Hope this helps

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=280281

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Why did I not see that video before? I must have looked at 100. One thing this post or thread or whatever you call it has done for me is give me great advice to achieve AAR. I would still vote for some way to get fuel in the air during a mission if I was unable to hook up to the refueler. Since no one seems to be flipping their position and since I read that ED is reading these posts, perhaps a poll would be appropriate. Perhaps it is a dumb idea but if this post has run its course - perhaps it would be a nice way to wrap up.

I vote easy AAR.

I think easy AAR is a bad label and this vote has nothing to do with setting priority. I also am not going into my concern of not wanting this to turn into an arcade game. This is simply to give ED an idea of how many who are reading this post are on which side of the fence.

Let's actually be clear: you're setting up a false dichotomy to try to disparage an improvement to the game.

You objected vehemently, aggressively, and abusively, to having it be demonstrated to you what made this a false dichotomy. You had no way of actually backing your view up or addressing the points being made, and even admitted as much, and instead just doubled down on the very fallacies that proved how weak your stance was.

This is very clearly not the case. Just look at how you reacted to the suggestion that some be implemented and to the explanation of how it would not only be in line with the kind of learning tools that already exist within the game, but also would improve the game in a number of critical ways with no real downsides. Read your own posts and the tone and stance you chose to use in them.

Someone with an actual argument and who you therefore lost to, immediately.

Next time, try having something relevant to say; try engaging with the points being made; try having an actual real argument of your own.

You should stop. You look childish. It was never an argument, just a discussion! Therefore, I had nothing to lose. There was never anything to win! That you don't get that part is funny and sad at the same time.

I've survived 7 combat deployments; this is nothing for me to get bent out of shape about!

I'm not even mad and never was. You are very emotional and it shows!

I speak with authority and if it is a problem for you then it is just that, YOUR problem! Definitely not going to back down to make you or anyone else feel better! I will continue to give my contributions to this community, the same as YOU do!

Tone! Men do not give a hoot about tone. That's nothing! You sound very sensitive here!

Using terms like abusive and aggressive! You've never seen that before! I KNOW you haven't! I feel I am dealing with a little boy instead of a man (makes sense if you are a boy).

But you be cool "Brother"...honestly, if you are this passionate about me you should focus that energy practicing your AAR or anything else you need instead of looking for a cheat! Something to ponder!

As my Former Drill Instructor Brother used to say: "A man looks at the wall and decides to climb it. The boy or coward decides to go around it"

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

It was never an argument, just a discussion!

…other than the part where you made a categorical statement of fact, and this fact was demonstrated to be pretty much completely wrong, to which your only response was to to try to heap on fallacies in the vain hope of covering up that failure.

Your repeated attempts at appeal to authority and ad hominems are just more examples of that fallacious argumentation — they only serve to expose the fact that you have nothing of value to add to the discussion other than irrelevancies and abuse. You never actually attempted to discuss what was said. You simply went after the person instead. So no, that is not a discussion but an inherently failed attempt at argumentation.

You are very emotional and it shows!
You're confusing me with you again.

Look at what you're writing here. You can't go two posts without saying — implicitly or explicitly — that anyone disagreeing with you is “handicapped”, “weak”, “incapable”, “childish”. You also seem to think that “sensitive”, “hurt”, and “unmanly” are characterisations that will somehow sting, which obviously is laughable. :megalol:

These are not the way an emotionally unaffected person would choose to engage in a discussion (and tbh, some of those appellations certainly raises questions about your maturity, but let's not go there…). You are getting bent out of shape and your tone and argumentation style proves this beyond any doubt — no matter how much you say you aren't — and all because someone told you “no” and explained why you were wrong. Coincidentally this is why a clever man does care about tone: because it reveals so much, and no amount of protestation will work to hide it again.

If you want to have a discussion, then let's have a discussion. Try starting with addressing the points made. Try doing so without resorting to any of the fallacies you're so fond of. Stay away from the strawmen, the ad hominems, the appeals to authority, the incredulity, the red herrings, or any of the irrelevancies that don't actually discuss the matter at hand. It might be hard, but you seem to enjoy that, so why not rise to the challenge?

Oh and…

if you are this passionate about me you should focus that energy practicing your AAR or anything else you need instead of looking for a cheat!
…you have completely misjudged what I'm asking for and why. This is why fallacies will only ever trip you up: because you get so caught up in trying to attack an assumed position that you fail to notice that the position is all in your head.
Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

. . .

But if it makes you feel better at night, then so be it. How does it feel to know everyone else climbed the wall, and you ran around it?

. . .

Peace bro

Have a friend, an ex Delta operator, or among themselves a "pipe hitter."

He told me a illustrative example once, of the difference between Delta and say a 75th Ranger SERE graduate - or any other of a number of SOF (Special Operations Forces).

A General, wanting to understand the difference between Delta and Rangers asked a Ranger to knock a hole in a wall. The Ranger asked where, and how large, once the General described what he wanted, the Ranger started throwing himself at the wall, and bashing through the drywall and supports until a man-sized hole was made that one could walk through.

Upon seeing a Delta operator, he showed him the work of the young Ranger, and asked if he could do the same, maybe even faster. Demonstrating to him just what a Delta operator was made of from the General's viewpoint.

The Delta operator looking a bit perplexed, surveyed the area, and found himself two young Rangers, fresh, and not recently beat up from bashing holes in the walls. He directed them as to what he needed, and then watched as they proceeded to knock a hole in the wall, not far from the original demonstration in half the time.

I keep thinking of this "parable" watching the back and forth here. :music_whistling:

Edited by SmirkingGerbil
clarity and removing repeating words.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Just a thought about the "new players going away from DCS if it lacks easy AAR option which makes ED loosing potential money" argument. It sounds ridiculous right at the start but let's move on. I could think of many things new player would want to do first and the AAR is probably at the very end (as it should). But let's pretend there is somebody who desire to do it right away. If it's not for free trial the player has to be already a customer as you can't AAR with free aircraft. Normally it takes months at least to get in touch with new aircraft to at least approach easier mission with decent success but this one wants to AAR badly. OK, go for it. But it turns out to be very hard for him (which is normal for a new guy). So instead of practice or using workarounds decides to ditch the DCS. No matter the carriers ops, no fun in A2A or A2G, MP is boring... if it only was for the easy AAR option to keep him. This sounds highly unlikely to me :) So I guess making an option to potentially keep this one person in DCS is really not feasible. The others will get the skill eventually or just keep on using that other 99% of what DCS offfers.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Lol @ ''new players leaving cause AAR too hard''

Everytime somebody says something like this it's just ridiculous. So, they made it through everything else, but THAT is the last straw? Somebody is THAT passionate about it, but too lazy/incompetent to bother learning how to do it?

Really casual/lazy players aren't going to hang around DCS long no matter what is done. If ED were concerned primarily with the bottom line they'd make PUBG clones like everybody else. I mean really, this is such a lazy, ill thought out remark @@

There are not millions of people waiting in the wings with burning wallets if only DCS would dumb itself down a little @@ Flight simscare niche, even the super casual ones like War Thunder. If somebody is completely put off by complexity and effort, then maybe they should like... avoid games catering to that.

It's like ''I love lasagna, but I really can't stand pasta, tomato sauce, or cheese.'' Then you don't like lasagna, then, huh?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Have a friend, an ex Delta operator, or among themselves a "pipe hitter."

He told me a illustrative example once, of the difference between Delta and say a 75th Ranger SERE graduate - or any other of a number of SOF (Special Operations Forces).

A General, wanting to understand the difference between Delta and Rangers asked a Ranger to knock a hole in a wall. The Ranger asked where, and how large, once the General described what he wanted, the Ranger started throwing himself at the wall, and bashing through the drywall and supports until a man-sized hole was made that one could walk through.

Upon seeing a Delta operator, he showed him the work of the young Ranger, and asked if he could do the same, maybe even faster. Demonstrating to him just what a Delta operator was made of from the General's viewpoint.

The Delta operator looking a bit perplexed, surveyed the area, and found himself two young Rangers, fresh, and not recently beat up from bashing holes in the walls. He directed them as to what he needed, and then watched as they proceeded to knock a hole in the wall, not far from the original demonstration in half the time.

I keep thinking of this "parable" watching the back and forth here. :music_whistling:

My quote was meant to make a point about things being easy. That was my entire point for posting. SOMEONE in this thread SOMEHOW took everything I said personal.

But I'm here for it. It's nothing but a thing!

Easy like Sunday morning!

Peace bro!

Just a thought about the "new players going away from DCS if it lacks easy AAR option which makes ED loosing potential money" argument. It sounds ridiculous right at the start but let's move on. I could think of many things new player would want to do first and the AAR is probably at the very end (as it should). But let's pretend there is somebody who desire to do it right away. If it's not for free trial the player has to be already a customer as you can't AAR with free aircraft. Normally it takes months at least to get in touch with new aircraft to at least approach easier mission with decent success but this one wants to AAR badly. OK, go for it. But it turns out to be very hard for him (which is normal for a new guy). So instead of practice or using workaroungs decides to ditch the DCS. No matter the carriers ops, no fun in A2A or A2G, MP is boring... if it only was for the easy AAR option to keep him. This sounds highly unlikely to me :) So I guess making an option to potentially keep this one person in DCS is really not feasible. The others will get the skill eventually or just keep on using that other 99% of what DCS offfers.

You make sense man! Thank you!

Lol @ ''new players leaving cause AAR too hard''

Everytime somebody says something like this it's just ridiculous. So, they made it through everything else, but THAT is the last straw? Somebody is THAT passionate about it, but too lazy/incompetent to bother learning how to do it?

Really casual/lazy players aren't going to hang around DCS long no matter what is done. If ED were concerned primarily with the bottom line they'd make PUBG clones like everybody else. I mean really, this is such a lazy, ill thought out remark @@

There are not millions of people waiting in the wings with burning wallets if only DCS would dumb itself down a little @@ Flight simscare niche, even the super casual ones like War Thunder. If somebody is completely put off by complexity and effort, then maybe they should like... avoid games catering to that.

It's like ''I love lasagna, but I really can't stand pasta, tomato sauce, or cheese.'' Then you don't like lasagna, then, huh?

+1

• ED Team
Hi all

please remember the forum rules before posting, and above all, just be nice to each other.

This thread has nearly run it course, let see if we can keep it on topic.

Thank you

This thread has run it course now,

please remember the rules when posting and treat each other with respect.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2